PDA

View Full Version : Update 1.3 Details

Ubi-Toller
07-18-2018, 07:03 PM
Update: Gameplay Overhaul!

The 1.3 Update has arrived! We’re bringing some major changes including: revamped gameplay, a new PVE horde mode, and exciting updates to the units, gear, and guns.

New Mode! Daily Onslaught
We’ve added a PVE horde mode. Can you survive long enough to top the leaderboard and earn the best prize?

New Gameplay explained

Gameplay Overview
We've overhauled our game to put the main focus where it belongs- the shooting action. Players are now cloaked so they can concentrate on the battlefield without distraction, clearing a path to destroy their opponent's base. Once your opponent's base is destroyed, they are exposed and vulnerable to your final victory kill shot.

Waves-Based Match Structure
In our new system there are up to 3 waves of each battle and each opponent is tasked with destroying their opponent’s base.

Match Structure
1. Each player has 1 base
2. Before a player enters into matchmaking, they will choose 5 units.
3. 3 units start on the field in 3 set positions
4. 2 backup units are deployed between waves (1 per wave).
5. If a player eliminates all of the opponent’s units, they win the wave.
6. That player’s surviving units then deal bonus damage to the opponent’s base.

Win Condition
Win by destroying your opponent’s base in 1 of 3 ways:
1. Critical damage dealt by your units during a wave.
2. Critical damage dealt by your surviving units between waves.
3. Tie Breaker: Have more base health than your opponent after the final wave.

Card Updates

Overview
With our new gameplay we’ve worked hard to make the combat as exciting as possible so we’ve replaced, revamped, and rebalanced many of our units, gear, and guns.

Units

Unit Replacements
All units being replaced will be given the new Unit at a level identical to the old Unit.

STITCHER Replaces Nitro Rounds

Stitcher is a medic who moves with other combat units and gradually heals all damaged friendly units within a 4 meter radius.
VIPER replaces Hellfire Missile

VIPER is an automated missile launcher with indirect-fire missiles that target enemy troops.
HYDRA replaces Hellfire Strike

HYDRA is an automated missile launcher that fires three indirect missiles at once, blanketing a wide area in firepower.
THUNDERCLOUD replaces Maverick Strike

THUNDERCLOUD is an automated cluster-bomb launcher that lays down withering columns of explosives on top of enemy units.

Unit Updates

BEACON

Now moves along the ground and joins combat with weapons of her own!
Provides a damage boost to allied units within 5 meters of her.
PIERCE

Now includes enemy targets in high vantages in its targeting priorities in addition to ground targets.
H0PPR

Can no longer attack players.
Now attacks bases.
SWARM

Swarm provides significant damage buffs to all allied non-human units; i.e. drones, turrets, with an infinite range.
No longer spawns drones.
BLOCKHOUSE

Shield size has been decreased.
Shield visor is no longer bullet proof.

Gear

Gear Removed

COMMANDER

Removed from the game

Gear Replacements
All Gear being replaced will be given the new Gear at a level identical to the old Gear.

Automark replaced with HIGH-DENSITY ROUNDS

HIGH-DENSITY ROUNDS allow the utilizing player to shoot through cover objects, dealing reduced damage to enemy targets behind them
Lensfilter replaced with DEFENSIVE TACTICS

DEFENSIVE TACTICS provides the utilizing player with a bonus to damage dealt against enemy units currently targeting that player’s base.
Left Fortified replaced with REINFORCED COVER

REINFORCED COVER decreases damage friendly units take from enemy units if they are in cover on your side of the field
Right Fortified replaced with TRAP COVER

TRAP COVER increases damage enemy units take from friendly units if they are in cover on your side of the field

Gear Updated

HELMET

Now affects friendly units
No longer affects the player
Decoy Glint changed to DECOY

DECOY will periodically spawn an illusory duplicate of one of your units to distract enemy units and players
DECOY does not count toward your unit spawn totals
HASTE

Now increases speed in which the using player:
-Reloads
-Chambers a round
MEDKIT

Now periodically heals your most damaged friendly unit.

Guns

Bolt-Action Rifles have been given more bullets per magazine to approach the bullet output that Semi-Automatics have.
All gun levels are maintained from the previous version.

Updated Gun Perks

VAMPIRE

Now heals friendly units near targets you shoot
DARKEST HOUR

Now provides bonus damage relative to missing BASE Hit Points
Marked Target is replaced with FRENZY

Gain a significant, temporary boost to damage after scoring a MULTI-SHOT or MULTI-KILL
Move and Shoot replaced with SUPPRESSING FIRE

Gain a continuous bonus to damage as long as you shoot a different target with each shot
Out of Cover

Now gives you a stacking bonus to damage on your next shot based on how long you spend un-scoped between shots.
Vengeant

Now provides a bonus to damage based on the number of friendly units that have been killed during the wave.
MAGIC BULLET

Now restores ammo when you kill an enemy unit with a headshot

Leagues instead of Arenas
We’ve update the naming of our Matchmaking structure to better reflect that importance of your progression: Can you reach the Master League?

Medal Reset for Master League (Arena 6)
Players who were in Arena 6 are now in the Master League and will have their medal count converted to 2500.

Map Updated
We’ve updated Fort Storm’s layout to match the new gameplay. To ensure high quality combat we’ve focused on one environment. We will be working on bringing more maps back to the game at a later date.

Black Market Card Store
New offers in the store to directly purchase cards with Gold.

Miscellaneous

Removed in-game MiniMap.
All enemy units start the game marked.
Player Loadouts will be changed to a default set of Units and the gear loadout will be empty.
Ordnance Crates reward more content and have been increased to a 3 hour timer.
Domination crate is now based on the number of waves won.
Challenge Crate objectives have been reset and updated to match the new gameplay.

SmokeShow007
07-20-2018, 04:51 PM
I’m struggling with this update and have a lot of errors.
- Used to have TRG M10 Gun at Level 2 and now it say’s “not owned” but I am currently using it at level 1
- I had close to 700 gold and now I don’t have 200
- I had multiple units and gear at level 9 and now don’t have any higher than level 8
- I had Condora at level 8 and now it says not owned
- I had Star-Fall at level 5 and now it says not owned
The other issue with this update is the pairing. I am being paired with most players over 42000 while I’m at 31000. This makes the match impossible to win. At least with the old version of the game you could take out the other opponent to slow their units down. There are many glitches from the game crashing, the scope not moving, and enemy units sliding in weird ways. I miss the old version. Are any other players having this issue? Also, if this is not the correct place to post this please remove it from the thread.

Ubi-Toller
07-23-2018, 01:35 PM
Hi there SmokeShow007!
Thanks for reaching out to me with these issues. It looks like we absolutely need to take a look at your account and find out what's happened. The M10 bug is one that I am aware of, and my team is working towards a solution, but this is the first I'm hearing about these others issues.

Could you please let me know what your Game ID is? It's the long string of characters at the bottom on the screen in the setting's menu. You can PM it to me here, or through our Facebook page, whatever is easiest for you. A screenshot might be easier than typing it all out. :)

Again, thanks very much! I'll take a look into this as soon as I can.

Shaunfreak
07-24-2018, 12:50 PM
Hi since the new update my game has gone back to level 32 instead of level 46 and I was in the hurtin albertans which if I look in the clan I’m still there but not as the player I am now

Any help would be great thanks

Ubi-Toller
07-24-2018, 02:33 PM
Hi Shaunfreak!
I can absolutely look into this for you. Let me just get some information for my team. When you say you're in the clan, but not as you are now, do you mean your previous level is being shown, and not the 36 the game has placed you at right now?

Also, when you played after the update, was there any kind of notification asking you to play from a previous save?

Ubi-Toller
07-24-2018, 02:34 PM
Also, could you let me know what your Game ID is? It's the long string of characters at the bottom on the screen in the setting's menu. You can PM it to me here, or through our Facebook page, whatever is easiest.

Shaunfreak
07-24-2018, 03:03 PM
When I looked up the clan my name was still there shaunfreak and level 46 with 2500 but it’s not the level it’s put me in now. It did ask something about loading saved game or reset and I chose saved game but must have been an earlier save.

Id
IvofyBFZZSz2zwPmZbR3vbW9cINEX9xGEWVdyBcxtLz2ippiAh m5sifF12kZcSFQ

Thanks

Ubi-Toller
07-24-2018, 06:30 PM
Thanks so much for these details, Shaunfreak. I've sent off a report and as soon as I hear back, I'll be in touch with you.

Ubi-Toller
07-25-2018, 02:07 PM
Great news, Shaunfreak! We have located your missing save data, and we are working on restoring it to you. Please be aware that if you keep playing with your current save, that will be overwritten with the old data once we do the restore, so let me know if you've decided to keep things as they are.

phil19411979
07-25-2018, 09:59 PM
What is the significance of shooting the other player as they try to escape? Is it “just for fun” or does it affect the rewards received for winning?

Shaunfreak
07-25-2018, 10:39 PM
Thanks so much for that. Just let me know what I need to do once the data is restored

Shaunfreak
07-27-2018, 05:39 AM
Just wondering what the time frame is for my old data to be restored so I can get back into it thanks

Ubi-Toller
07-27-2018, 01:09 PM
I checked in on your data's status, Shaunfreak. The team should have your game up and running by the end of the day, and they've requested that if possible, you do not play the game until after 7pm Atlantic time. That way the data can be transferred over without any possible interference, and then you should be good to go! :)

Shaunfreak
07-27-2018, 02:32 PM
Thank you so much for that. Hope all goes well

Ubi-Toller
07-27-2018, 04:49 PM
Great news! The data transfer went perfectly, so you should be all set to play again as of right now! Check your game and let me know if anything is amiss. :)

Shaunfreak
07-27-2018, 11:57 PM
Thanks so much for that it all seems to be back to how it was before. Thanks again