PDA

View Full Version : About the mask cosmetic outfits:

Alustar.
07-18-2018, 06:20 PM
So I had an idea today I'd like to pose here:
The mask outfitters, while a great idea, I find are kind of lackluster. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a most of them as they are. However, the mythic outfits cost 15000, give you new patterns/symbols, a unique effect and an ornament. With the mask outfits you get the same thing, just for an extra 5000 more.

My idea is to make that extra 5000 be more meaningful by means of allowing us to be able to toggle the mask portion of the effect to become persistent and not reliant on idle, emote or execution. This way, should you choose, you could run around with the mask on the entire match.

Thoughts?

UbiJurassic
07-18-2018, 06:44 PM
So I had an idea today I'd like to pose here:
The mask outfitters, while a great idea, I find are kind of lackluster. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a most of them as they are. However, the mythic outfits cost 15000, give you new patterns/symbols, a unique effect and an ornament. With the mask outfits you get the same thing, just for an extra 5000 more.

My idea is to make that extra 5000 be more meaningful by means of allowing us to be able to toggle the mask portion of the effect to become persistent and not reliant on idle, emote or execution. This way, should you choose, you could run around with the mask on the entire match.

Thoughts?

It sounds like a really cool idea, though I can't say what the limitations would be, if any, to implementing something like that. I'd definitely like to hear from players about alustar's idea or even your own ideas on how masks could be improved upon.

Alustar.
07-18-2018, 07:00 PM
It sounds like a really cool idea, though I can't say what the limitations would be, if any, to implementing something like that. I'd definitely like to hear from players about alustar's idea or even your own ideas on how masks could be improved upon.

Dang that was a fast response.

Have I mentioned you are my favorite, yet!?

chukblok
07-20-2018, 03:33 AM
Hey im all for this idea. Any little ways to make someones hero more unique add huge value for me. I love my cosmetics more than anything. if someone wants to spend the 5000 on this idea i say go for it.
I spend sooo much steel on cosmetics and emotes.
Some of the masks tend to look a tad awkward. except the vikings.
I wonder if the devs have ever considered a whole seperate section apart from executions, emotes, and effects. not sure what exactly....an “audio” section? you get the idea.

Playing_Mantis
07-20-2018, 06:33 AM
well, the masks are kina looking cheesy to be honest. i hope they don't make them into the gameplay. fighting a bunch of sea creature stone faced in water would be pretty stupid or a big thor mask.. its fine for the short duration but i think its a bad idea to add these into gameplay. everyone will be running these around adding a cheesy gimmicky feeling to the game. is good how it is. maybe there is something different they can add like jewelry or something less visible.

bhitrock
07-20-2018, 09:38 AM
I have another idea: maybe having the mask actived all the time would be a little bit 'odd'. Why instead not making it so that the mask effect activates also when you use the revenge mode? It would still be something unique and cool!

Halvtand
07-20-2018, 11:34 AM
I have another idea: maybe having the mask actived all the time would be a little bit 'odd'. Why instead not making it so that the mask effect activates also when you use the revenge mode? It would still be something unique and cool!

This!
Every hero I have the flaming skull on will suddenly become super-awsome!

Also, masked crusaders working overtime fighting crime....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Z1yLO9C-Q

Alustar.
07-20-2018, 11:51 AM
This!
Every hero I have the flaming skull on will suddenly become super-awsome!

Also, masked crusaders working overtime fighting crime....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Z1yLO9C-Q
Holy 80s throw back Batman!

HazelrahFirefly
07-20-2018, 03:10 PM
Hell yes, great idea.