PDA

View Full Version : my plane doesn't move during take-off

rgazaille
07-08-2005, 07:32 PM
Hi, I just bought Pacific Fighters and I'm trying to perform a carrier take-off but my plane won't budge. I watched the dysfunctional training and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Could someone walk me through it step by step with the keys I should be pressing? Thanks.

rgazaille
07-08-2005, 07:32 PM
Hi, I just bought Pacific Fighters and I'm trying to perform a carrier take-off but my plane won't budge. I watched the dysfunctional training and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Could someone walk me through it step by step with the keys I should be pressing? Thanks.

VELCRO_FLY
07-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Set a button to take the chocks away. I did the same thing! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

It's in your controls menu.

BlackJack57
07-08-2005, 07:39 PM
You need to map the " Wheel Chocks" Command to your stick or your keyboard, give yer plane max power and hit the chocks button and off ya go.........And while yer at it, don't forget to map yer Tail Hook too, ya might need it......... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

jamesaq1989
07-09-2005, 05:07 AM
The worst thing to do is to forget to fold down your wings!Remember to set a key for that too!

Skipper

stansdds
07-09-2005, 07:14 AM
I set a two key command for things such as wing fold. I don't want to accidentally fold wings while in flight, so I set mine as "Shift W", that way accidentally hitting the "W" key alone won't end my flight. Same thing with all of the lights and canopy.

Bearcat99
07-09-2005, 08:07 AM
Read the readme. Also make sure that you have tailhook mapped to a key otherwise landings will be much more challenging than they have to be. Also do yourself a favor and get the Forgotten Battles GOLD pack. If you are in the US you may be able to find it for $29 at Comp USA.... Or get Forgotten Battles for $19 and The Aces Expansion Pack for $9 (That is essentially what the GOLD pack is... both pieces of software) at the same store.... I would advise you to do this ASAP as they are gettihng rare and if you are a flight sim enthusaist you will want the whole 9 yards.

Zeus-cat
07-09-2005, 08:47 AM
What Bearcat said. You really do want all of the stuff that this game offers.

You should also check out places like airwarfare.com for tutorials, utilities, missions and campaigns that people have created.

The vast majority of us did the "can't takeoff from a carrier" thing as most of us skipped the readme file.

Zeus-cat

rgazaille
07-09-2005, 01:36 PM
Wheel block! Right. They didn't talk about those in the tutorial. I don't recall reading about those in the manual too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the help guys.

I might just get myself the gold pack. I think I know a place where I can get it cheap.

RAF74_Poker
07-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Check any Electronics Boutique, IIRC... they have it.

rvickers
06-27-2006, 06:30 AM
My search brought me to this thread, I can't take off either. If I ever master this darn thing, I'm gonna write a manual http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

knightflyte
06-27-2006, 07:18 PM
My local Electronics Boutique stopped selling computer games.

They still had a used Nintemdo 64, but no computer games.

-HH- Beebop
06-27-2006, 07:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knightflyte:
My local Electronics Boutique stopped selling computer games.

They still had a used Nintemdo 64, but no computer games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The future... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif ...sad isn't it? Soon PC's themselves will be a niche market.

Chuck_Older
06-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Nah

Look at consoles. Theya re becoming more PC like. Keyboards on-screen, internet access, etc. Heck, they use Windows nowadays for the Xbox360. An Xbox360 controller is designed to be use with windows, and can be used on your PC. All you need is to download drivers

What you'll see is consoles morphing into dedicated, easier to use gaming PCs. Consoles dominate the market, but they are in fact becoming more like PCs every day

Hoatee
06-28-2006, 01:17 PM
'Consoles morphing into easier to use gaming PC's' doesn't make life any the 'easier' for the gamer - you still have to contend with Nintendo consoles, Sony consoles, Windoze consoles, Apple consoles, thoze consoles - with all their different standards and specifications with the gamer having to buy X console in order to be able to play A game and then buy Y console in order to be able to play D game.

Little consolation for thought.

Xiolablu3
06-29-2006, 07:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rgazaille:
Wheel block! Right. They didn't talk about those in the tutorial. I don't recall reading about those in the manual too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the help guys.

I might just get myself the gold pack. I think I know a place where I can get it cheap. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont get the gold pack, get the complete DVD edition, 19.99 from any UK online shop.

You get Forgotten BAttles
Aces Expansion Pack
Pacific Fighters

then you can play online.

If you then buy the Pe2 Addon you can play on all the up to date servers too. (9.99)

Thats 29.99 for a massive series of planes map etc and the best online game you can imagine. Also all the user created free maps/skins/missions/campaigns there are litterally thousands.

stevedeth2004
06-30-2006, 09:55 AM
This might help, check out the online manual at www.airwarfare.com (http://www.airwarfare.com)

Taking off from an Aircraft carrier is fun and challenging. Master the art to become a Naval Aviator!

[edit]Essential Mapping.
To properly master the Naval service you need to map these keys.

1. Lock-Unlock tail-wheel

2. Chock(s) in-out toggle

3. Mixture control

a. Increase Mixture

b. Decrease Mixture

4. Prop Pitch (100% is best setting)

5. Open Canopy

6. Toggle seat a. Some Naval aircraft have seat toggle like F4U and A6

7. Elevator and Rudder Trim (your method)

There are two main aspects to consider; 1. Type of play environment and 2. Load out.

Taking off in a carrier has different characteristics between Off-Line, On-Line COOP, and On-Line Dogfight. The main difference is that in Dogfight missions the Carrier is not moving thus there is no wind over the deck to assist in your take-off.

Load out is another issue. With heavier loads and depending on your spawn point you may need to carefully taxi to the end of the deck before take off. This will be imperative with dogfight missions and missions with heavy load-outs.

[edit]Take off procedure:
1. Open Cockpit

2. Start Engine (idle warm up)

3. Set mix to max (US A/C to 120%)

4. Set Rudder trim to right half way (according to your method)

5. Set Elevator trim €œUP€ better than half way (according to your method)

6. Check propeller pitch is at 100%

7. Lock Tail-wheel

8. Ready for take off

9. Throttle to maximum power

10. Wait until power-plant is running smooth with full power

11. Release chocks, starting roll forward a. Watch drift correct with rudder

12. At center of ship€s island deploy one notch of flaps (Combat)

13. Remaining straight at midpoint between island and end of deck deploy second notch of flaps (take-off) At this point if your load is not too heavy the tail should rise. Watch yaw to left at this point

14. At edge of deck deploy third notch of flaps (landing). Note this step may be omitted if your tail is off the deck and you are in control of the AC.

15. Depart deck do NOT pull sharply up, let €œup€ elevator trim do the work with a very gentle stick back and slightly to right

a. You will notice a pull to the left from power-plant torque, gently correct to a smooth, very shallow right hand turn. With heavy loads (and near stall point) you will also experience the left wing dip

16. Immediately retract wheels

17. When stable Gently pull up while retracting flaps to Take off position

18. Above stall speed now, retract flaps

19. Set fuel Mix to 100%

20. Close cockpit and circuit left gaining altitude or continue on mission.

[edit]Additional information.
a. F6F should not attempt launch with 2.75€ rockets in dogfight mission

i. 25% fuel, drop tank, bombs/rockets otherwise possible

b. F4U will not take off reach flight status from CVs with full load outs

i. Napalm and drop tanks are very difficult to master

c. In most cases 25% fuel and drop tanks or 50% fuel is best solution

d. Flap method described here is safest the purpose is to gain speed and help lift tail.

e. In dogfight missions it is essential to toggle seat to get a view around you to minimize €œspawn death€

i. You cannot toggle seat while in €œgun-sight€ view

f. In COOP missions or offline the wind will give you an additional 10-30 MPH. This will allow heavier load outs and more fuel

Good Luck VF-12_Sluggo

tascaso
07-01-2006, 03:55 PM
also get the DVD all you need up to 4.04m see Jason at www.gogamer.com (http://www.gogamer.com)

W