PDA

View Full Version : Connection To Ubisoft Servers Lost

DFQN1
07-16-2018, 08:39 PM
Can someone explain to me what is up with the servers? I have problems since yesterday. And once in a while I lose the connection.

Mirage6201
07-16-2018, 08:43 PM
Unplanned Server Issues

FredEx919
07-16-2018, 08:45 PM
We're currently investigating the cause of these issues. I don't have much of an update right now, but we'll keep everyone up to date as we get more details.

Adamskii90
07-16-2018, 08:52 PM
I bought For Honor when the day it came out on XBOX and was propper buzzing for it but got rid not long after because of the poor quality servers and constant disconnects.

after waiting a while i braved it and bought the game for a second time on my PC and low an behold there has been 3 days worth of server issues for myself.

its an absolute joke.

not only are the servers terrible i wasted 2000 on steel for champion status which ive not been able to use because of this problem and more then likely wont get anything back from ubisoft like all the other players

sounds petty but 2000 steel is alot to get and there wont even be a care in the world from Ubisoft.

Fogelb3rg
07-16-2018, 08:56 PM
agree to previous. I really like the game but the down time of the servers is an abo****e joke tbh. Thats why I stopped playing the last time and prob will again...

Archeun
07-16-2018, 08:58 PM
3 days in a row I've had issues. I'm about done with this game. I'm tired of the server problems. I'm fed up with the exploits. I'm tired of lack of modes.

Vakris_One
07-16-2018, 09:56 PM
The trains were late again today and someone at work ate my sandwhich, I'm done with this game!

Rikuto01.tv
07-16-2018, 10:02 PM
I bought For Honor when the day it came out on XBOX and was propper buzzing for it but got rid not long after because of the poor quality servers and constant disconnects.

after waiting a while i braved it and bought the game for a second time on my PC and low an behold there has been 3 days worth of server issues for myself.

its an absolute joke.

not only are the servers terrible i wasted 2000 on steel for champion status which ive not been able to use because of this problem and more then likely wont get anything back from ubisoft like all the other players

sounds petty but 2000 steel is alot to get and there wont even be a care in the world from Ubisoft.

Every service has problems. But only when Ubisoft has them do you guys come out of the woodwork with your sensationalist sob story BS.

Adamskii90
07-16-2018, 10:49 PM
its not a sob story its a fact.

i always leave my feedback on all games postive and negative so i dont see how its BS

HazelrahFirefly
07-16-2018, 11:22 PM
The trains were late again today and someone at work ate my sandwhich, I'm done with this game!

Dude, I've had asshats eat my lunch at work. Makes you wanna murder a whole building of ****heads lol.

bannex19
07-16-2018, 11:34 PM
Smells like ddos to me

Charmzzz
07-17-2018, 07:45 AM
So we had P2P for ~ 1 year. Matches dropped when someone disconnected or quit. People raged about it.
Then they released dedicated Servers ~ half a year ago. All the dropped Matches are gone, game stability is super good. There wasn't one outage I can remember since they released Servers. Now they have problems for 2 Days. People rage about it as if it were constant problems.

Are you guys serious? 2000 Steel is "alot"? Play 4 hours (probably even less) and you got it. You want free Champ Status, don't you? They will give it to us anyway, just stop with your bs stories...

Darkmight_cz
07-17-2018, 08:18 AM
So we had P2P for ~ 1 year. Matches dropped when someone disconnected or quit. People raged about it.
Then they released dedicated Servers ~ half a year ago. All the dropped Matches are gone, game stability is super good. There wasn't one outage I can remember since they released Servers. Now they have problems for 2 Days. People rage about it as if it were constant problems.

Are you guys serious? 2000 Steel is "alot"? Play 4 hours (probably even less) and you got it. You want free Champ Status, don't you? They will give it to us anyway, just stop with your bs stories...

I agree.

MarshalMoriarty
07-17-2018, 08:41 AM
Not everyone is asking for compensation. Some of us just feel that despite the good work Ubi have done in whipping this game into shape with DS, they haven't handled this current dilemma well at all. Communication has been poor and the persistent on and off nature of the outages has been very wearing. As soon as they knew it was serious, the game should have been taken down for a proper maintainence until they were sure they had the problems fixed.

Charmzzz
07-17-2018, 09:40 AM
Not everyone is asking for compensation. Some of us just feel that despite the good work Ubi have done in whipping this game into shape with DS, they haven't handled this current dilemma well at all. Communication has been poor and the persistent on and off nature of the outages has been very wearing. As soon as they knew it was serious, the game should have been taken down for a proper maintainence until they were sure they had the problems fixed.

I don't know if you are aware of how complex a "Server" environment can be. It could be related to the Connection, too, so Ubi cannot do anything about it. If their Provider has problems and says "now it is fixed" - what can they do except trying?

Some people seem to think that Online Gaming is working because a magical unicorn is handling their Packets. :D

DFQN1
07-17-2018, 12:25 PM

There are probably a lot of people who bought champion status in the past few days. It was wasted if servers are not working properly. You never know if they get their steel in-game or per real money. So it is understandable if some people rage.

Charmzzz
07-17-2018, 12:35 PM

its an absolute joke.

There are probably a lot of people who bought champion status in the past few days. It was wasted if servers are not working properly. You never know if they get their steel in-game or per real money. So it is understandable if some people rage.

"Terrible Servers", "absolute Joke" - what is this guy talking about? Can you explain DFQN1? Imo he is over-exaggerating by a huge amount. And then he comes with his 2000 Steel Champ Status Story and that he won't get compensated like "all the other players". And that Ubi does not care at all.

I can remember getting free Champ Status, free Boxes AND free Steel ALOT last year when there were problems. And now this little guy comes (Join Date Jul 2018 Posts 2 btw) telling lies. Not with me buddy....

DFQN1
07-17-2018, 01:08 PM
Yes, it is correct that we got compensations for I think every larger connection issues in the past few months and we will probably get some this time, too. But I still can understand those people. Ubisoft themselves do not even know the roots of this problem yet so I can not blame them if it takes a bit longer then normal. I will play other games then.

Charmzzz
07-17-2018, 03:03 PM
Yes, it is correct that we got compensations for I think every larger connection issues in the past few months and we will probably get some this time, too. But I still can understand those people. Ubisoft themselves do not even know the roots of this problem yet so I can not blame them if it takes a bit longer then normal. I will play other games then.

How do you know if they know the cause of these issues? I bet they know. But I won't tell them if I were them. Like every big company does, you rarely tell people what exactly fcked up your services. Look at Intel (Spectre / Meltdown). Look at Samsung / Apple (exploding Phones and slowing down cause of Software Updates). These big companies do it ALL THE TIME.

You really don't want to tell everybody how they can attack your systems if it was a DDOS or something like that. Afaik it affected every Server hosted game of Ubi, so it was likely an attack or an interrupt of a 3rd Party service (connection / routing issues come to mind). Why would you tell people what caused the issue? They will only get even more salty and yell "I paid, now gimme service!". And do those customers know they didn't pay for a 99.9% 24/7/365 service?

Vakris_One
07-17-2018, 03:47 PM
All right, I have something I want get off my chest. I think it was me guys. This was all my fault. I was on a tour of Ubisoft's Montreal studios on Friday and I accidentally tripped on a cable that said, "Property of Charles de Gaulle. Do not disturb." I didn't think it relevant at the time but when I came home I found out that over half of Ubisoft's servers were experiencing online degredation.

After countless hours of meticulously studying the sneaking mechanics from all the Splinter Cell games on PC over the weekend I was finally ready to sneak back into their studio on Monday night to put some gaffer tape on the scuff marks I made on de Gaulle's cable. Lo and behold Ubisoft's servers are now stable.

As I type this I am already on a plane headed to Switzerland where they have a non-extradiction law. Just in case Ubisoft don't accept the apology card I left next to the cable. Wish me luck guys! Once again Ubisoft, I am very sorry about all of this :)

Alustar.
07-17-2018, 04:08 PM
All right, I have something I want get off my chest. I think it was me guys. This was all my fault. I was on a tour of Ubisoft's Montreal studios on Friday and I accidentally tripped on a cable that said, "Property of Charles de Gaulle. Do not disturb." I didn't think it relevant at the time but when I came home I found out that over half of Ubisoft's servers were experiencing online degredation.

After countless hours of meticulously studying the sneaking mechanics from all the Splinter Cell games on PC over the weekend I was finally ready to sneak back into their studio on Monday night to put some gaffer tape on the scuff marks I made on de Gaulle's cable. Lo and behold Ubisoft's servers are now stable.

As I type this I am already on a plane headed to Switzerland where they have a non-extradiction law. Just in case Ubisoft don't accept the apology card I left next to the cable. Wish me luck guys! Once again Ubisoft, I am very sorry about all of this :)
That certainly explains the email I received:
"To whom it may concern. Our legal team has decided it in our best interest to hire an outside, third party for the purposes of bringing a known terrorist to justice. Attached is air fair necessary for travel as well as enough funds to sustain a prolonged clandestine operation. We wish you the best. Should problems arise however, Ubisoft will disavow any knowledge of your existence."

Arekonator
07-17-2018, 04:50 PM
Confirmed to be DDoS at Ubi Support twitter.

CandleInTheDark
07-17-2018, 06:20 PM
This from the announcements board

Greetings everyone,

We’re currently monitoring DDoS attacks impacting the stability of all Ubisoft services and causing players to be unable to connect to games. The attacks are focused on our games connections and server latency, which the team are currently working on mitigating. Thank you for your patience as we resolve this issue.

DefiledDragon
07-17-2018, 06:32 PM
It's probably an attack by frothing leftists angry about the lack of hateful bile spewing in Far Cry 5.

MarshalMoriarty
07-17-2018, 11:57 PM
Charmzz, if you think they're doing a good job on this then there's no hope for you. I already made the point that I accept they are working as hard and fast as they can to resolve this because it hardly profits them to have this continue.

But that's a seperate issue. My beef is about poor communication and the frustration that comes from being left in the dark for so long over this. If they had explained about the ddos situation and warned people to be careful when making purchase decisions during this time, it would have been greatly appreciated.

You know, the same way that your condescending tone isn't.

Charmzzz
07-18-2018, 08:09 AM
Charmzz, if you think they're doing a good job on this then there's no hope for you. I already made the point that I accept they are working as hard and fast as they can to resolve this because it hardly profits them to have this continue.

But that's a seperate issue. My beef is about poor communication and the frustration that comes from being left in the dark for so long over this. If they had explained about the ddos situation and warned people to be careful when making purchase decisions during this time, it would have been greatly appreciated.

You know, the same way that your condescending tone isn't.

Yeah, whatever Dude. No hope for me. Ok.

I work in a Cloud-Company myself and I know how things are handled concerning DDOS Attacks or other big outages. All I can say is that they act comparable to all other Companies I know. Just imagine if they told us immediately it was a DDOS. What would happen? Probably people joining the bandwagon and flooding their Servers with even more traffic...

Receiving a DDOS is hard to prevent. The best thing you can do is have a third-party with massive bandwith and Server capacity who can accept ALL the requests and then filter out the bots. But rerouting all incoming traffic takes a while, then analyzing which requests are serious and which are coming from bot-nets takes a while, too.

Charmzzz
07-18-2018, 08:19 PM
1000 Steel
10 XP Boosts
4 Scavenger Crates

Nice to get this for an outage because of a DDOS Attack...