PDA

View Full Version : This Game Needs 1 More Thing

I_Stylez_X
12-02-2007, 12:49 AM
This game has to be my favorite storymode game ever created. I think its really great how they made the weapons, grapchics and cities look somewhat real. The only thing this game is missing is an online mode. Sure it would be hard to make the game online because theres no guns but just sword fighting and bow and arrows with some nice maps and game modes, this game would be even better then it already is. Post your suggestions.

MiniAssasin
12-02-2007, 12:57 AM
everygame doesnt need an online mode

this game would be ruined if it had an online mode

online games suck, because online people suck

id rather not have
flaming
harrassment
idiots
morons
cheaters
exploters
*******s

ruining my game thx

I_Stylez_X
12-02-2007, 12:59 AM
Calm down there kid, just because you can;t handle a few kids crying online doesn't mean the game would be bad.

stix489
12-02-2007, 12:59 AM
Yeah but it's not ALL multiplayer...you don't have to go online if you don't want to!

I still think that an online mode would be kinda awesome!

MiniAssasin
12-02-2007, 01:01 AM
it also takes away time spent on single player

about my above post i had an epic online fest last night that really pissed me off

wepeel
12-02-2007, 01:50 AM
I agree with MiniAssasin, online modes tend to be the first step towards the ruin of a well-crafted single player campaign. Only way I'd see it as possible would be if it shipped on a separate disc as to not take space away from the single player game; and was developed by a separate team as to not take manpower and time away from the single player game.

midna1
12-02-2007, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by MiniAssasin:

online games suck, because online people suck

id rather not have
flaming
harrassment
idiots
morons
cheaters
exploters
*******s

ruining my game thx

well said M8. I'd rather play against bots or single player AI than the morons online. Developers are wasting their time on xbl just so MS can get their subscriptions. Bungee could have done a proper ending for Halo 3 campaign. With a proper final boss. And the return of Assault on the Control Room from Halo1 was so blatently unfinished.

the_assassin_07
12-02-2007, 05:50 AM
Meh..

Online wouldn't work in my opinion...

Royal.Mist
12-02-2007, 06:53 AM
Seems like most of the new kids to the gaming scene what online play. I say stfu and get over it. Multiplayer ruins stories.

katz_bg
12-02-2007, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Royal.Mist:
Multiplayer ruins stories. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif
to make even a good co-op would have taken at least one more year, but making any MP that would fit in this scenario seems impossible. They'd have to ruin much of what makes the SP game good to make a MP.

Whine all you want about multiplayer kids, but I say it's not worth it. What was the last good SP game that had good MP? (not including the half-life series, because Valve have never kept a deadline, delaying HL2 with years and stuff like that)

Rufus_Da_Doofus
12-02-2007, 08:31 AM
To be honest, popular concensus has been that this game is far too easy, if we had 2 Altairs, or even more, running around, wouldn't it just become even easier, therefore ruining the game further in the eyes of some?

I_Stylez_X
12-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Im not crying nor did I want anyone to flame.

Basically if you don't like online then stfu and don't play it. Its all the same with storymode games, after a week people just beat it, get the achievements, and t hen where does it go?? BACK TO THE STORE.

CatLikeThief
12-02-2007, 04:19 PM
A good multiplayer does not degrade the essence of single player in any way, Splinter Cell (Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory) are a testament to that.

BTOG46
12-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by CatLikeThief:
A good multiplayer does not degrade the essence of single player in any way, Splinter Cell (Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory) are a testament to that.
But how many other games have you played where the sp seems rushed and the mp is simply generic, if only one dev team has to do both, unless they are allowed however long it takes to do the job, some things get rushed.
One alternative is to have two dev teams, one for sp and a different one for mp, but that often results in players complaining about the differences between them.
So whichever approach is taken, having sp and mp can often result in a less satisfying game unless a publisher allows it the time needed.

dirtybird21
12-02-2007, 05:33 PM
I don't even have xbox live so i'd rather then not waste any time on something i can't use.

Fastr77
12-03-2007, 07:56 AM
Two of the best games this year came out without online, assassins creed and bioshock. Who cares, not every game should try to shove online in.

Go play pray online, or the darkness, and tell me they shove have thrown online in the game, it would have only hurt the games reviews more.

The only thing this game needs is a sequel.

Robbinho1992
12-03-2007, 08:49 AM
I wouldnt have minded any kind of multiplayer, a co-op mdoe would have been pretty cool, and any number of modes ould have been fun.

For a multiplayer mode, i would say that Hvaing like 4-6 people trying to assassinate each other would be fun ina rather big map, or section of a city..., i think that would be a good idea...And if you want story to go with it, say they are ordered to kill each other to get up a rank or something...Would have been a good addition. But maybe they ahve something planned for the second.

ScytheOfGrim
12-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Multiplayer is a good idea.

The problem is getting it to be fun.

This game struggles alot during the single player, just imagine multiplayer.

Getting it to work alone would take them another 4 years... >_>

AirRon_2K7
12-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by I_Stylez_X:
Im not crying nor did I want anyone to flame.

Basically if you don't like online then stfu and don't play it. Its all the same with storymode games, after a week people just beat it, get the achievements, and t hen where does it go?? BACK TO THE STORE.

Basically, to add Multiplayer you'd need to have more space... you can't do that... so you need to take stuff out. Like what, you may ask; like the story... so yeah, even less story, and a half assed multiplayer... so yeah, you'll have to excuse the forums if they don't think it'll work out right.

ScytheOfGrim
12-03-2007, 10:11 AM
Ya know... the first line of his post only encourages others. xD

I mean... if you return games that have no multiplayer that does not mean that everyone does.

Some people don't think like you... and most certainley not me.

DeAdLy2323
12-03-2007, 01:35 PM
multiplayer doesn't ruin all games, gears of war had multiplayer (co op and competitive) and still had a fun single player campaign