PDA

View Full Version : Should "execution" challenges count the start of an execution?

PepsiBeastin
07-15-2018, 01:26 AM
Me and a random beat some guys in brawl 3-1, and I ran to him when his execution was like 90% complete and tackled him out of it. Unfortunately I didn't know that that was the last one he needed for his order, and I goofed it for him.

Halvtand
07-15-2018, 10:42 AM
Orders should always only count the completion of what they are supposed to count.

Tyrjo
07-15-2018, 01:43 PM
Sounds complicated to add another timer to when an execution is completed. The way it is now is just how the game registers them. I usually pick a fast one when I do the orders.

Vakris_One
07-15-2018, 02:08 PM
If it was up to me I'd make it so that teammates cannot push you out of your execution. It's very annoying to miss out on filling an order just because you have a spazzy teammate who bumps you around for no reason.

HazelrahFirefly
07-15-2018, 02:55 PM
If it was up to me I'd make it so that teammates cannot push you out of your execution. It's very annoying to miss out on filling an order just because you have a spazzy teammate who bumps you around for no reason.

Yep, teammates should not be able to interrupt either executions or emotes, only attacks and neutral (standing around). Change that and the execution orders are fine.

The only other problem is that while you should pick a short execution most times, that still means the Centurion has 4 minutes to hopefully not be interrupt :p

DFQN1
07-15-2018, 03:36 PM
They also should not be able to interrupt revives.

beerbariandh
07-15-2018, 05:39 PM
some of the executions are just too long, I was executed the other day and counted, it took 11 seconds from start to finish, then had to wait the penalty and normal time. All in all I was down for almost 30 seconds. The issue with that is if the other team gets across 1000 points while you are in this long execution, the points are awarded in the beginning, while the additional execution points at the end. So if your team is breaking you automatically slide into the "stay dead" part even though you were killed before the time started. If that makes sense at all, I think that should be fixed and be an automatic revive even if it means its in the middle of someone's execution.

ChampionRuby50g
07-16-2018, 10:56 AM
If executions donít count to orders when they are completed, I should be able to get revided if the enemy gets interrupted during the execution. Just had a game when I got killed in breaking, enemy was halfway through his execution and all my limbs where still intact, he got interrupted but I couldnít be revived.

HazelrahFirefly
07-16-2018, 12:17 PM
If executions donít count to orders when they are completed, I should be able to get revided if the enemy gets interrupted during the execution. Just had a game when I got killed in breaking, enemy was halfway through his execution and all my limbs where still intact, he got interrupted but I couldnít be revived.

There's unique points in which executions fully kill the enemy, not just because of dismemberment. Sometimes it's at the very beginning of the execution.

ChampionRuby50g
07-16-2018, 12:25 PM
There's unique points in which executions fully kill the enemy, not just because of dismemberment. Sometimes it's at the very beginning of the execution.

I know, thatís not the point I was trying to make. Probably the wrong thread for it, but I was trying to say that if an execution is interrupted before itís fully complete, I should be able to be revived instead of been executed.

Vakris_One
07-16-2018, 12:48 PM
I know, thatís not the point I was trying to make. Probably the wrong thread for it, but I was trying to say that if an execution is interrupted before itís fully complete, I should be able to be revived instead of been executed.
Some executions go on for a bit longer after the killing blow is dealt. Past the point of the killing blow even if the enemy is interrupted you'd still be dead.

Orders and revive counters both register an execution's killing blow as the point at which an execution is dealt rather than when the full duration of the animation ends.

Here's a helpful chart that seperates "Kill time" and "Duration" for every execution in the game:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/7cj857/execution_information/

^ Very useful info to know exactly how fast you kill an enemy and how long the full animation plays out for. Health gain for each execution is also on there.

DFQN1
07-16-2018, 02:21 PM
The "Kill time" should be the point where the respawn countdown begins since you can't be revived at this point anymore. It is basically a fairness point.

HazelrahFirefly
07-16-2018, 03:17 PM
The "Kill time" should be the point where the respawn countdown begins since you can't be revived at this point anymore. It is basically a fairness point.

THAT is a very good suggestion.

It would need to be coupled with another tweak though. If the dead man can start his countdown then it is technically penalizing the executor for picking an execution that goes beyond the kill point. They should also make it so that once the kill point is reached the animation can be canceled out of by running, an attack, or pressing the lock on.

DFQN1
07-16-2018, 03:30 PM
THAT is a very good suggestion.

It would need to be coupled with another tweak though. If the dead man can start his countdown then it is technically penalizing the executor for picking an execution that goes beyond the kill point. They should also make it so that once the kill point is reached the animation can be canceled out of by running, an attack, or pressing the lock on.

Maybe only when the executed player gets revived due to the breaking system.
In this case we would have short kill time but long duration. So a potential risk of getting hit by another opponent. It should not be taken away by simply cancelling the animation.

HazelrahFirefly
07-16-2018, 04:07 PM
However, there are two mechanical reasons to perform long executions, to go along with looking like a badass:

1. To regain a larger amount of hp
2. To take the enemy out of the fight longer, particularly in 4v4 modes and even dance of death.

If the killed player gets to override reason 2 then so should the executing player. Perhaps the ruling should go to when the hp is gained... though I think that always aligns with the moment of true execution.

DFQN1
07-16-2018, 06:19 PM
However, there are two mechanical reasons to perform long executions, to go along with looking like a badass:

1. To regain a larger amount of hp
2. To take the enemy out of the fight longer, particularly in 4v4 modes and even dance of death.

If the killed player gets to override reason 2 then so should the executing player. Perhaps the ruling should go to when the hp is gained... though I think that always aligns with the moment of true execution.

The executed player still has to wait until the respawn timer runs out to actually respawn. Plus the additonal execution penalty.

HazelrahFirefly
07-16-2018, 07:15 PM
The executed player still has to wait until the respawn timer runs out to actually respawn. Plus the additonal execution penalty.

Edit: wait, your the guy I'm discussing with lol. In that case I have no idea what your point is.

AkenoKobayashi
07-16-2018, 11:58 PM
1. Don't care about your opponent's success.

2. If the opponent hasn't received the HP regain for the execution, then the execution did not complete and should not be considered complete.

ChampionRuby50g
07-17-2018, 02:03 AM
Some executions go on for a bit longer after the killing blow is dealt. Past the point of the killing blow even if the enemy is interrupted you'd still be dead.

Orders and revive counters both register an execution's killing blow as the point at which an execution is dealt rather than when the full duration of the animation ends.

Here's a helpful chart that seperates "Kill time" and "Duration" for every execution in the game:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/7cj857/execution_information/

^ Very useful info to know exactly how fast you kill an enemy and how long the full animation plays out for. Health gain for each execution is also on there.

Thatís a lot of help and clears things up for me. Cheers for sharing that. So Iím guessing that whenever I get health back when I execute someone is that point, without looking at the link yet. I know a few off my executions continue on before I can move again.

Vakris_One
07-17-2018, 03:53 PM
Thatís a lot of help and clears things up for me. Cheers for sharing that. So Iím guessing that whenever I get health back when I execute someone is that point, without looking at the link yet. I know a few off my executions continue on before I can move again.
Exactamundo. The point at which you get health is the point at which the execution is registered.