PDA

View Full Version : new naval based weapons

ANN0nymity
07-14-2018, 05:07 PM
With the new ship contest, I started thinking on some cool new abilities for some ships. Here are my base idea's:

- Sea-mines
- Howitzer (mortar)
- Submarines (prototypes)
- Ram

The sea-mines could only be placed by a special designed ship that can only carry 2 mines before it has to reload them at a harbor. Placing mines would take some time.
The mines would only damage large ships because only they would be deep enough in the water to hit the sea-mine. So small to medium ships should not worry. After placing a mine you would see a mark where you've putted your mine so you would not sail on it yourself.

The howitzer would be a slow weapon that can shoot very far but not up close. It would have a minimum distance to fire. It's a bit inaccurate and really hard to hit a (small)(fast) moving target. So it would be ideal for sea to land combat.

I did some research and found out that there where some prototype subs at the end of the 18th century. So this could be as a late game ship be added as a high tier ship. Although it would have very limited ammo (only 2 torps), slow speed, very low hit points and restricted submersed time, it still could gain it's potential by a surprise attack on a stationary ship. It would be small and deadly to have.

stylisticsagi
07-16-2018, 06:25 AM
Howitzers might something i can like becouse there will be no land armies.
Sea mines and submarines are not a good idea as being 1800, the end of it is quite a long time in the future and it was only a prototype then.

But the dev's are comming up with a whole new system for fighting over island so perhaps even the howitzers are not going to be needed.

ANN0nymity
07-17-2018, 08:25 PM
the subs where indeed a bit far of but the mines could easily be integrated but would not affect gameplay much so could be irrelevant. However there could be some cool situations to use them but these would be rare.

GameMasterFox
09-05-2018, 12:12 AM
Well, torpedoes would be interesting...

aban298
10-13-2018, 12:35 AM
I really like the Howitzer idea, especially with the absence of land based military

UbiSnout
10-13-2018, 01:21 AM
With the new ship contest, I started thinking on some cool new abilities for some ships. Here are my base idea's:

- Sea-mines
- Howitzer (mortar)
- Submarines (prototypes) [...]

Those are great ideas. I will pass it along. Feel free to discuss more and point out what would you to like to see added in Anno 1800.

aban298
10-14-2018, 12:49 AM
Those are great ideas. I will pass it along. Feel free to discuss more and point out what would you to like to see added in Anno 1800.

I for one would love to see greater development of military/combat in Anno 1800. I think combat/military is an essential and realistic pressure that must exist in the game.
Anno 2070 combat mechanics could be a good starting point, and develop it further from there.
There should also be meaningful and easily accessible options for those who prefer not to participate in military/combat, and would prefer to focus on the city building/management aspects.
The combat/military mechanics in 2205 where awful imo, and really put me off the game.
Having said all that, I have already placed my order for 1800, and optimistically look forward to seeing the final product.

UbiSnout
10-14-2018, 01:50 AM
I for one would love to see greater development of military/combat in Anno 1800. I think combat/military is an essential and realistic pressure that must exist in the game.
Anno 2070 combat mechanics could be a good starting point, and develop it further from there.
There should also be meaningful and easily accessible options for those who prefer not to participate in military/combat, and would prefer to focus on the city building/management aspects.
The combat/military mechanics in 2205 where awful imo, and really put me off the game.
Having said all that, I have already placed my order for 1800, and optimistically look forward to seeing the final product.

That is an interesting point of view. What are your thoughts on this topic after watching the trailers and the streams?

https://youtu.be/7ZwaZMuc1TQ

aban298
10-14-2018, 04:22 AM
I think i’ve seen all the trailers and streams thus far, the last 15 seconds of the official trailer you posted get me excited, and is exactly what made me pre order, I just hope it’s not like 2205, and is at least as good, but preferably better than 2070.

UbiSnout
10-17-2018, 02:05 AM
I think iíve seen all the trailers and streams thus far, the last 15 seconds of the official trailer you posted get me excited, and is exactly what made me pre order, I just hope itís not like 2205, and is at least as good, but preferably better than 2070.

Only a few months to wait! :)