PDA

View Full Version : New sensation with PF

mistral_73
11-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Hi all,

I've been playing IL2 since the beginning, and I just enjoyed a nice sensation due to the new openable canopy function. I first tested it in calm situations, far away from fighting and became quite used with the key that I dedicated to this function. But one day, I was seriously hit during a fight and had to jump out of the plane in emergency. But I surprized myself to 1) first open the canopy and 2) press Ctrl+E and let the computer manage my ejection as usual. But the fact that I opened myself the canopy was more immersive than ever, looking and hearing the canopy opening under stress! I may have been conditionned by the previous years playing this sim, but it was very "refreshing".
Do you feel the same ?
In a more advanced way, don't you think we should HAVE TO open the canopy before being able to jump out? (I know that you can open the canopy only for a few planes today, but it may be an interesting feature for the future ?)

Give it a try the next time you'll jump out, and tell me what are your sensation/opinion about this, thank you!

Oh and please, sorry for my english mistakes.

mistral_73
11-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Hi all,

I've been playing IL2 since the beginning, and I just enjoyed a nice sensation due to the new openable canopy function. I first tested it in calm situations, far away from fighting and became quite used with the key that I dedicated to this function. But one day, I was seriously hit during a fight and had to jump out of the plane in emergency. But I surprized myself to 1) first open the canopy and 2) press Ctrl+E and let the computer manage my ejection as usual. But the fact that I opened myself the canopy was more immersive than ever, looking and hearing the canopy opening under stress! I may have been conditionned by the previous years playing this sim, but it was very "refreshing".
Do you feel the same ?
In a more advanced way, don't you think we should HAVE TO open the canopy before being able to jump out? (I know that you can open the canopy only for a few planes today, but it may be an interesting feature for the future ?)

Give it a try the next time you'll jump out, and tell me what are your sensation/opinion about this, thank you!

Oh and please, sorry for my english mistakes.

SeaFireLIV
11-19-2004, 04:29 PM
Yep, when I first tried the `cockpit-open` function I thought it was nice, but never thought I`d use it much. But surprisingly, I`ve used it EVERY TIME I need to bail!

It just feels so natural to open the canopy myself first.