PDA

View Full Version : 3 Suggestions for icon alternative wich may solve dot-problem

F19_Ob
03-07-2006, 01:55 AM
Hello and greetings dev.team.

I have 3 Suggestions for additional icon alternative since we have the problem with the lods on some planes wich makes them dissappear where others don't (wich I have posted about earlier.)

I have been thinking about solutions to the matter for a while and came up with 3 additions to the different icons we have, wich may be an acceptable solution to the dot-problem where planes dissappear in a dogfight like for example the seafire does at 400m.

1: Make a <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">dot-icon </span> rougly the size of the 109 lod at longest distance. This way one dont have to fix many lods wich perhaps is difficult.

2: if that is not possible perhaps the icons we have can be made smaller, perhaps half the size ?

3: make the icons user-sizeable and an option for servers to determine and lock the chosen size.

Just suggestions.....

F19_Ob
03-07-2006, 01:55 AM
Hello and greetings dev.team.

I have 3 Suggestions for additional icon alternative since we have the problem with the lods on some planes wich makes them dissappear where others don't (wich I have posted about earlier.)

I have been thinking about solutions to the matter for a while and came up with 3 additions to the different icons we have, wich may be an acceptable solution to the dot-problem where planes dissappear in a dogfight like for example the seafire does at 400m.

1: Make a <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">dot-icon </span> rougly the size of the 109 lod at longest distance. This way one dont have to fix many lods wich perhaps is difficult.

2: if that is not possible perhaps the icons we have can be made smaller, perhaps half the size ?

3: make the icons user-sizeable and an option for servers to determine and lock the chosen size.

Just suggestions.....

jermin122
03-07-2006, 03:15 AM
I choose No.1

MagnumHK
03-10-2006, 01:16 PM
I should ignore this but why not. This subject of improving the icon system has been debated over and over and over and over again. Over the years there have been a lot of good suggestions which have been totally ignored.

These threads have been spread throughout the months and years since the IL2 series began. However, these suggestions have fallen on deaf ears and we are stuck with the modifiable but still very cumbersome icon system we have now.

So we have two extremes: 1) no icons (bascially blind) 2) variation of icon information (which no matter how modified still is cumbersome and reveals too much)

For some reason there have been no serious programming attempts even to experiment with this let alone change it.

By the way F19_Ob there is nothing wrong with your suggestions. However, it all has been suggested before with no real response from the programming side.

Conclusion:
Grin and bear it, because we are stuck with it and nothing is going to change. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif