PDA

View Full Version : Have to click mouse several times to get anything done

Howser609
07-11-2007, 05:29 AM
This happens both when in tactical map and when playing.

Ingame, tapping the mouse button to make a single shot does not work, you have to keep the button pressed for a second often resulting in more shots than one being fired.

Also, when planning your moves on the tactical map, you have to click several times to put markers or execute orders.

Have XP Pro, P4 3GHz, 2GB RAM and an IntelliMouse 3.0. All this works fine in other games.

Howser609
07-11-2007, 05:29 AM
This happens both when in tactical map and when playing.

Ingame, tapping the mouse button to make a single shot does not work, you have to keep the button pressed for a second often resulting in more shots than one being fired.

Also, when planning your moves on the tactical map, you have to click several times to put markers or execute orders.

Have XP Pro, P4 3GHz, 2GB RAM and an IntelliMouse 3.0. All this works fine in other games.

ColinCJ
07-11-2007, 05:34 AM
Game version please

Howser609
07-11-2007, 06:10 AM
Sorry, it's the SP demo.

ColinCJ
07-11-2007, 06:21 AM
This I think is the first post I have seen on this issue.
I would suggest it is a mouse issue for sure.
Maybe memory too.
Try mouse first.

Change the usb connection for it move it to another.

May be install the software, if already on uninstall software.
Get back for us.

Howser609
07-11-2007, 07:01 AM
I don't think there's any problem with neither memory nor mouse since every other game works fine (just played through Overlord without any problems).

Also, a friend of mine have the same issue when using tactical map.

I'll let you know if I find something out.

ColinCJ
07-11-2007, 07:22 AM
Cheers

Want2Snipe
07-11-2007, 12:04 PM
I am beginning to think that what once was a theory of mine will become the thing to do with all newer games.

Howser, I know you can play your games on any other game out there but it is my belief that, with the installation of these new games or demos, something gets corrupted in the interim of doing so, whether that be your drivers or firmware.

If you haven't found a solution yet, do yourself a favor and unistall your Video & Sound drivers, do the same with your Keyboard and Mouse firmware (make sure you have the latest drivers and software on a folder for future installation before doing the Uninstall!!!). Run a registry cleaner if you have one.

Once you have unistalled, restart for good measure and upon getting to your desktop,cancel out of any automatic wizard installation within windows, inmediately proceed to install your fresh copies of drivers and firmaware from the folder we spoked about above, do a windows update and BIOS update if at all possible and see if that solves your issue.

See if you can speed up your mouse and keyboard within the control panel software that came with your M/K combo.

Good Luck

Howser609
07-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Your theory might be right but I would never go through all of those steps for one malfunctioning game when the rest works flawlessly.

I think it's quite farfetched that my BIOS and drivers would get corrupted by the GRAW2 installation but continue to work like a charm in every other application.

Want2Snipe
07-11-2007, 06:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Howser609:
Your theory might be right but I would never go through all of those steps for one malfunctioning game when the rest works flawlessly.

I think it's quite farfetched that my BIOS and drivers would get corrupted by the GRAW2 installation but continue to work like a charm in every other application. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are absolutely correct, it shouldn't happen but, unfortunately... it does.

I didn't mean to tell you to update your Bios, only to check and see if there's a new Bios because there is always a good idea to have the latest Bios.

Howser609
07-12-2007, 01:30 AM
I'm not saying you're wrong but I just don't see how this system corruption could affect only one application, and I've been working with computers on a daily basis since the 80's.

And even if the problems should come from this system corruption and get resolved by going through all of your steps - it's still not my computer that's faulty but this game.

It's way easier and safer for me to spend my bucks on another game.

ColinCJ
07-12-2007, 05:07 AM
Ok the sp player demo has bugs the full version on release has bugs but has been patched already.
I have tried your mouse well not yours but same model and its fine in the full version.

As long as your happy with your complete system as far as updates go then you will not have this problem in the full game.

Howser609
07-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Thanks for your input, guys, but I'm letting this game go for now.

Maybe I'll pick it up later when it's in the bargain bin and fully patched. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Want2Snipe
07-12-2007, 10:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Howser609:
Thanks for your input, guys, but I'm letting this game go for now.

Maybe I'll pick it up later when it's in the bargain bin and fully patched. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More power to you Howser and I applaud your stance on this as I feel the same way and if more people did what you are doing, game would be launch on a much better state of readiness... I haven't bought the game yet and it appears as I am going to have to watch on the sidelines until the price on the bargain bin appeals to me.

Reason why I did what I did is because I was lucky enough to get a FREE copy of GRAW & Vegas and decided to make them work with my rig... it pays to have Rich friends http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Hell, I might just convince him that GRAW 2 is much much easier than GRAW & Vegas on the PC and gameplay and he might buy it and give it to me after he can't play it... Bwahahahahaha http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Oldspook
09-09-2013, 06:51 AM
I have the same problem, must click several times to select items on menu. I have the full version, updated to v 1.02. My mouse works perfectly in every other game/app so this game is the problem.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-09-2013, 05:38 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum, I suggest checking your mouse drivers are up to date and opening a ticket with Technical Support so they can troubleshoot this with you, the link is in my signature.