PDA

View Full Version : Claymore & Tree Traps

Fallen-Champ
06-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Anyone who played the first Far Cry games will remember the Claymores and Tree Traps - I was surprised to see them missing in FC2, but then again FC2 was not really stealth based.

I added some pics at the link below and just wondered what your thoughts were - would you like to see them return in FC3?

Claymores and Traps (http://fcmaps.com/p/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?88485.0)

There is another pic of a trap which might be in the PC FC1 Game - any info on this?

Fallen-Champ
06-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Anyone who played the first Far Cry games will remember the Claymores and Tree Traps - I was surprised to see them missing in FC2, but then again FC2 was not really stealth based.

I added some pics at the link below and just wondered what your thoughts were - would you like to see them return in FC3?

Claymores and Traps (http://fcmaps.com/p/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?88485.0)

There is another pic of a trap which might be in the PC FC1 Game - any info on this?

lil_morta_7
06-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Yes. Ubisoft is adding and keeping some stealth elements. You have kept your selection of rocks. Now, why would you still have rocks, if you didn't have a trap to lure someone into with the rocks? Unless you plan on stoning your enemies to death. Then by all means... Also, you can now drag bodies. So if you take out a guard, drag his body into the bushes and no one ever knew. Proof of the body dragging is Jason's first take-down of the E3 demo under the waterfall. The feature has also been confirmed by Dan Hays, director on Far Cry 3.

Ilovepho
06-11-2011, 05:19 PM
Yes, I'd love to see the trap and claymore make a return. They were the only things I like about FC Instinct.

spinetooth
06-15-2011, 09:25 AM
meh. I don't really care for tree traps. I never used em. If they don't put it in, no big whoop. Claymores weren't so great for me either. Then again, I'm a brute not a sneaker XD

HorTyS
06-15-2011, 06:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lil_morta_7:
Yes. Ubisoft is adding and keeping some stealth elements. You have kept your selection of rocks. Now, why would you still have rocks, if you didn't have a trap to lure someone into with the rocks? Unless you plan on stoning your enemies to death. Then by all means... Also, you can now drag bodies. So if you take out a guard, drag his body into the bushes and no one ever knew. Proof of the body dragging is Jason's first take-down of the E3 demo under the waterfall. The feature has also been confirmed by Dan Hays, director on Far Cry 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you have a link to where the guy confirmed this? not that i don't believe you, i just haven't seen that anywhere & wouldn't mind another interview to read. i guess i just assumed that draggin that guy into the waterfall was all part of the execution move...

Hobodealer
06-16-2011, 11:50 AM
I've heard Dan Hay talk about using your environment in Far Cry 3 rather a lot so I think we'll be seeing some pretty cool traps. Hopefully gory ones!!

TheRuski1
06-16-2011, 01:16 PM
OMG I loved the traps they were absolutely the best. Tree whip FTW