PDA

View Full Version : Why hasn't this been addressed yet?

Jediknight482
07-11-2018, 10:15 PM
I switched to PS4 recently for a larger community and it was honestly a very bad decision. How do the devs think they are really going to draw new players in when the main game is 4v4 dominion and gear score matters so much that i basically have to hit my opponents twice as much as they have to hit me. Sometimes more.And i totally get why though, dont get me wrong i like the current system but for god sakes can we PLEASE get a token of some kind that we can just buy for 30 bucks or something to rep our characters up to a certain rep? Im not talking max rep or anything but maybe rep 3 just to be able to get decent gear??? It literally makes no sense that this game has been out for so long and you guys actually expect new players to come into games and what? just get their faces beat in? Im a pretty experienced player so i can at least somewhat hold my own but cmon devs. what are you doing!?

Alustar.
07-11-2018, 10:30 PM
I am a transfer myself, though I did it backwards, and honestly I never noticed a problem. When I queued by myself, I hardly ever had to fight anything above rep 10, even now at rep 11 I barely get matched against rep 15+. Furthermore when I group with my friends, rep 100+ I don't really notice a difference in the amount of damage I did at the start. The biggest problem there was that all those players are leaps and bounds ahead of me skill wise.

It would be a bad idea to sell tokens for rep levels, because then this game really could be seen as a pay to win.
At rep 3/4 (I believe) you start getting gear that will buff two separate stats. Then again at rep 6(ish) you get epics. It's not a hard grind. I did it in less than a week of moderate play.

I'd much rather them find a way to allow for cross platform account linking. This would alleviate these problems much easier, and not compromise the game in any way.

HazelrahFirefly
07-11-2018, 11:42 PM
Cross platform accounts would be quite amazing, except it's a loss of sales for Ubi.

That topic aside, gear is negligible in this game. It will force an extra hit or an extra block upon the low-gearscore player.

What the OP is actually complaining about is matchmaking. Skill is the true measure between opponents, seriously, and that's why being matched with 160+ opponents seems broken to new players. They know the game too well.

However, this is a topic that's been discussed to death and the devs are well aware of the matchmaking problems.

RexXZ347
07-12-2018, 01:51 AM
I am also tired of being matched up with imbeciles that fight 1 enemy and 3 of them then ending up losing. There is a game that i will never forget where we play in an are 3v3. My teammates just ran like cowards going to point C to fight 1 enemy and me fight all 3 enemies.

Jediknight482
07-12-2018, 01:56 AM
this game is already pay to win to some degree. i can spend 100 dollars on coins and max out my stats literally 100xs faster than somebody playing without it. Plus i get more Exp boosts doing so too because i run through materials faster. so the token wouldnt change much. besides, its not a max rep token. just to Rep 3 so you can at least have half the gear score the enemy has

Alustar.
07-12-2018, 01:59 AM
this game is already pay to win to some degree. i can spend 100 dollars on coins and max out my stats literally 100xs faster than somebody playing without it. Plus i get more Exp boosts doing so too because i run through materials faster. so the token wouldnt change much. besides, its not a max rep token. just to Rep 3 so you can at least have half the gear score the enemy has

You have obviously never played a true pay to win game.

HazelrahFirefly
07-12-2018, 02:15 AM
For Honor seriously doesn't qualify as PtW. You can never spend steel and be just as good as someone who (somehow) paid $1,000. Gear stats mean little to nothing.

Armosias
07-12-2018, 08:43 AM
If you think that you need twice as much hits when ungeared to kill foe it's no more than a feeling. Gear helps but do not do the work for you

SpaceJim12
07-12-2018, 09:42 AM
If you think that you need twice as much hits when ungeared to kill foe it's no more than a feeling. Gear helps but do not do the work for you

Well...than...Raider with 180 gear score, who buff Attack and Defense Penetration could kill 0 gear score character with one simple zone.
Most of skilled players see no difference, cause they are skilled players. When I start to leveling new char I barely see it to. But it's cause our level of fight is something different, than newcomers. I have couple friends, who started play For Honor couple months ago. And believe me, gear have matter for them. Gear, all this complexity of fighting system + fast lights and most newcomers will leave For Honor in 10-20 hours.
In current state, unfortunatly, this game can't attract new players.

relosaoZ
07-12-2018, 09:59 AM
This game is gameplay , not pay to win
wether teamwork or soloplay
you either good or bad at it

P2W will drag hate and lower active players amount

ChampionRuby50g
07-12-2018, 12:08 PM
For Honor seriously doesn't qualify as PtW. You can never spend steel and be just as good as someone who (somehow) paid $1,000. Gear stats mean little to nothing.

I just recently changed my stats around on LB, and dropped my attack stat a bit. Previously I used to do 35 damage on side heavy hits, but now I only do 30. While it doesnít sound like much, it does add up. For example, when I had 35 damage in 4 heavies it works out to 140 damage, but with 30 I only get 120 damage now. So now I need to work and get 1-2 extra hits on someone else.

The worst part is thinking that my heavy will kill the opponent, but only leaving them with a sliver of health left aha. Too used to seeing them drop on that last heavy.

HazelrahFirefly
07-12-2018, 12:15 PM
I just recently changed my stats around on LB, and dropped my attack stat a bit. Previously I used to do 35 damage on side heavy hits, but now I only do 30. While it doesnít sound like much, it does add up. For example, when I had 35 damage in 4 heavies it works out to 140 damage, but with 30 I only get 120 damage now. So now I need to work and get 1-2 extra hits on someone else.

The worst part is thinking that my heavy will kill the opponent, but only leaving them with a sliver of health left aha. Too used to seeing them drop on that last heavy.

But we're not speaking to different builds, we're speaking to a difference in gearscore. Get a couple of attack pieces of the common variety, Rep 0 through 2, and you will do barely less damage than an attack build at Rep 9+

ChampionRuby50g
07-12-2018, 12:30 PM
But we're not speaking to different builds, we're speaking to a difference in gearscore. Get a couple of attack pieces of the common variety, Rep 0 through 2, and you will do barely less damage than an attack build at Rep 9+

But when I lowered my attack stat, the gear score remains the same, Iíve just got less of it in attack. So my point is that lower rep players wouldnít have the same attack bonuses on their gear as I do, even at 180 and lowered. I havenít played a rep 0 hero in a while now because Iím pretty content with the cast Iíve got, but I image the attack bonuses wouldnít be as high from a level 8 piece of gear compared to a level 27 item. So players would need to get to roughly rep 4-6 to notice the difference. Looking at my stats now, Glad has level 8 gear on rep 3 which has 1% bonus, Cent is rep 6, level 16 gear and is 3.1%. So thatís more than double the bonus in 3 reps. If we consider that it takes at least 12 hours to get a rep up, depending on orders and other things like champ status, itís at least 6 days of gameplay with a hero to get them at a roughly even playing field.

Tyrjo
07-12-2018, 04:58 PM
Cross platform accounts would be quite amazing, except it's a loss of sales for Ubi.

I don't see how cross platform accounts would be a loss of sales for Ubi, it would actually create an influx of sales since you would have to buy the game on different platforms. They would actually make money from this.

I created a topic on this a while back and it would be great if Ubisoft saw this opportunity.

It's time to unify the account progress across platforms
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1894230-It-s-time-to-unify-the-account-across-platforms