PDA

View Full Version : Probably Going to have to Quit FH

HazelrahFirefly
07-10-2018, 02:30 AM
I really don't want to, but I can't take it anymore. I know its just me, I know that many consider him extremely weak, but the Aramushais making me literally chip my teeth and grind out of jaw joints. Literally, I am in pain.

I just can't see his attacks. It's been three seasons full almost and I still dont see his animations. I'm not honestly convinced they actually exist. I trust my friend who says that they do, but I literally can't see them.

I played for three minutes tonight and rage quit. All the Aramusha did was side heavy feint to other side light, back and forth. Even though I knew it was the same I couldn't know when to parry because I would see a heavy start > nothing > hit from the other side.

As I said, I know know it's just me. I'm getting old, diabetes ruined my eyes, and I'm tired from work, acre yard, two dogs, and a toddler. Still, even the Berserker feinting I can see. The double katana man might as well be invisible on my screen.

I hate that he makes me hate this game.

MarshalMoriarty
07-10-2018, 03:20 AM
His feinting game is pretty much all he has going for him. If you're trying to beat him by standing toe to toe trying to react to his attacks, you're giving him his best chance to win.

HazelrahFirefly
07-10-2018, 10:30 AM
His feinting game is pretty much all he has going for him. If you're trying to beat him by standing toe to toe trying to react to his attacks, you're giving him his best chance to win.

But what does that even mean in terms of options? The dude is fast af, and you can't get away.

SpaceJim12
07-10-2018, 10:34 AM
Which char do you play against Mushi?

HazelrahFirefly
07-10-2018, 10:44 AM
Which char do you play against Mushi?

Any. Does matter what I play I can't see his attacks and just get slaughtered. This isn't a reflex guard issue for me.

The one exception is the HL who I can hyper armor through his spam.

RexXZ347
07-10-2018, 11:07 AM
Aramusha lights are 500ms. Berserker has 400ms lights. Conqueror have 500ms lights. Pk and shaman have 500ms and 400ms. Use him. Then you'll understand how weak he is.

HazelrahFirefly
07-10-2018, 11:11 AM
Aramusha lights are 500ms. Berserker has 400ms lights. Conqueror have 500ms lights. Pk and shaman have 500ms and 400ms. Use him. Then you'll understand how weak he is.

I have him to level 19 (I dont want to put a Rep into him). Weak he might be, but his animations dont register with my eyes.

Jazz117Volkov
07-10-2018, 11:12 AM
Use him. Then you'll understand how weak he is.I see this kind of advice everywhere and it's incredibly unhelpful.

"I got hit by a car."
"Drive one, then you'll understand."

No he won't.

Arekonator
07-10-2018, 11:19 AM
Now thats a false equivalency if i ever saw one,

ChampionRuby50g
07-10-2018, 11:20 AM

Speed isnít everything when it comes to attacks. How telegraphed the attack is plays a massive part.

SpaceJim12
07-10-2018, 11:22 AM
Any. Does matter what I play I can't see his attacks and just get slaughtered. This isn't a reflex guard issue for me.

The one exception is the HL who I can hyper armor through his spam.

Well, maybe you try to parry his attacks all the time? Try block. In 80% of fights block help you to stop Ara for couple seconds. Sometimes it's enough to counter. The good thing, that works for me, bite Ara to his blades blockade, and than GB. As Shinobi I have no problems with Aramushi at all. Just keep distance and use kicks.
LBs shove on block are really helpful too. Block one of his light, shove, toplight. Mushi could be pain in the ***, but definitely not a reason to quit For Honor.=)

Jazz117Volkov
07-10-2018, 11:50 AM
Now thats a false equivalency if i ever saw one,

User problem: poor performance against a particular game mechanic. Mechanic in question: soft feinted heavies into lights. (Reason: user cannot react well to the soft feints.)
Suggested solution: use said gameplay mechanic to experience how weak it is. (Error: solution does not address problem. Solution and problem are unrelated.)

It's really that simple. The equivalence is in the disconnect between the provided solution and the user problem. They're unrelated, much like learning to drive is unrelated to being hit by a car. Understand?

Mia.Nora
07-10-2018, 12:00 PM
to OP: I suggest trying out a hero with full block stance, like Conq, WL or Ara himself. his feint game doesn't matter against full block. At that point you will only need to learn how to deal with feint into GB.

Arekonator
07-10-2018, 12:10 PM
Except they are not unrelated. Experiencing mechanic from the other side will give you notion on how its ussed and help with finding predictable patterns if not with reacting.

Hell, if you drive car, it will help you understand where car can and cant go, thus helping you avoid it hitting you.

HazelrahFirefly
07-10-2018, 12:19 PM
Nah, I dont try and parry him either. I only block, but a single feint of his and its over. It all makes me a complete noob, but then a Shaman or Orochi is next and I do fine.

Speed isnít everything when it comes to attacks. How telegraphed the attack is plays a massive part.

This exactly. Picture the Aramusha. He starts a heavy from his right side. The next step is for him to feint it to a light from the opposite side. Except I only see him standing there in the drawback of his heavy as I take damage and even a second afterward. I would call it a glitch or broken, but I know it's just me.

SpaceJim12
07-10-2018, 12:42 PM
to OP: I suggest trying out a hero with full block stance, like Conq, WL or Ara himself. his feint game doesn't matter against full block. At that point you will only need to learn how to deal with feint into GB.

Ara have reactable full block stance, I think it will not help OP, who have problems to react.

This exactly. Picture the Aramusha. He starts a heavy from his right side. The next step is for him to feint it to a light from the opposite side. Except I only see him standing there in the drawback of his heavy as I take damage and even a second afterward. I would call it a glitch or broken, but I know it's just me.

Well, as I can see now, you have problem with heavy feinted to light. Well, after that feinted light Ara will make simple light chain, or even heavy. You could block them. It will stop his pressure and give you a chance to counter attack.
Btw, the good chance is find high level Aramushi here on forum and ask him for help and practice.

Baggin_
07-10-2018, 01:28 PM
I main Aramusha on pc. For honor tracker says Iím the 15th in the world on pc. So with that stated, Iíll give you some advice to beating him. Not sure if you play on console or pc, but anyways.

If you see his heavy go back further then it usually does, this means he can soft feint it. The soft feint will either come from the top or the other side (unless his top heavy pulls back further. Then it will come from either side). The other option is to just have him let it fly. He can delay his deadly feint so you gotta watch for that. Blocking is the way to go to reset him from his combo, only when you get his timing down should you go for parries.

Different Aramushaís are going to play him a little differently, some rely on feinting while others will use his blade blockade a lot. Using feints of your own at the beginning will allow you to see how he is going to be played. Blade blockade is very easy to bait if you are up against a B.B happy Ara. Thatís honestly all there is to it. Itís a matter of knowing his moves and timings for said moves. Now obviously Youíll have people who are just better at the game overall than you, but you shouldnít let that discourage you from playing.

If youíre having trouble against all Aramushas skillful or not. Go into the training mode and practice against the moves youíre having trouble with. When people say to put a rep or two on him, the meaning behind it is so you can get a feel for his move set and timing of it all. It really does help. When Iím having trouble against a certain character I always put at least 2 reps on them. This gives me the knowledge of their move set and a feel for their timings that can be applied to their moves. This will allow you to anticipate what is going to come next so you can finally get those lite parries on him that leads into a nasty heavy hit.

I hope this helps.

Edit: Oh, and if you play on pc Iíd be more than happy to help you practice against him.

The_B0G_
07-10-2018, 01:59 PM
I play WL since the new season started and I'm loving him for dealing with light spammy characters, you should try him out, him or conq anyway.

Any time I can't block/defend on reaction with an enemy, I start throwing out full blocks and follow them up with a heavy.

It's not a guarenteed heavy with WL like it is with Conq but he hits hard when it lands, also with my WL I rock a block damage sword that does about 38% block damage and third feat is punch through, anything not dodged or parried is money in the bank. Once you unlock that third feat, it's easy mode.

PM me if you end up trying him out and need tips, if you're on ps4 I can do some training with you as well.

HazelrahFirefly
07-10-2018, 02:10 PM
I really do appreciate the advice and tips, but there isn't any getting better with this, not for me.

I've gone 300+ rounds against an Aramusha in training now - no results. I've come up against them numerous times throughout three seasons - no improvement. Unlike all the other heroes he attacks without movement for my eyes.

The_B0G_
07-10-2018, 02:18 PM
I really do appreciate the advice and tips, but there isn't any getting better with this, not for me.

I've gone 300+ rounds against an Aramusha in training now - no results. I've come up against them numerous times throughout three seasons - no improvement. Unlike all the other heroes he attacks without movement for my eyes.

Thats why I'm suggesting a character with full block as an option, I was in your exact position at the start of season 6, I quit playing completely for a couple months and tried to quit the game altogether, this is my favorite game though and I failed to quit.

With that full block option you don't have to know where they will attack, only when, for instance, as soon as Aramusha feints that heavy you can full block his feinted light attack and hammer him with a free heavy, taking two bars. In my experience if you catch someone once with that they stop spamming, if not you just keep doing it, they will become less aggressive and you can start harrassing with WL.

If you're on PS4 I can help you counter the light spam, I'm usually on every day.

Fairemont
07-10-2018, 03:11 PM
User problem: poor performance against a particular game mechanic. Mechanic in question: soft feinted heavies into lights. (Reason: user cannot react well to the soft feints.)
Suggested solution: use said gameplay mechanic to experience how weak it is. (Error: solution does not address problem. Solution and problem are unrelated.)

It's really that simple. The equivalence is in the disconnect between the provided solution and the user problem. They're unrelated, much like learning to drive is unrelated to being hit by a car. Understand?

Idk... if you know every move that someone can make, you're a lot better off than not knowing what they are capable of. Besides, you'll end up studying common combos that work, which are likely the same combos that are working against you.

Being hit by a car is very different than playing For Honor.

HazelrahFirefly
07-10-2018, 03:14 PM
If it were just the light spam I would be fine, because I know I can block up (and this works well with heroes like Warden, Valk, and Kensei (who I just recently got into)). The problem is that it's the animations of the feinting. I don't want to waste anyone's time and have them hear me whine (reading it is enough lol). I've done tons of practice - I see a statue when the Aramusha attacks. Thanks though. I was already on a break, so perhaps I'll just go back until August 2nd when hopefully my Valk will be worth using again.

The_B0G_
07-10-2018, 03:22 PM
If it were just the light spam I would be fine, because I know I can block up (and this works well with heroes like Warden, Valk, and Kensei (who I just recently got into)). The problem is that it's the animations of the feinting. I don't want to waste anyone's time and have them hear me whine (reading it is enough lol). I've done tons of practice - I see a statue when the Aramusha attacks. Thanks though. I was already on a break, so perhaps I'll just go back until August 2nd when hopefully my Valk will be worth using again.

Alright man, if you change your mind I can take you to WL school, like I said, I was EXACTLY where you were a few months ago, hit me up on ps4 if you change your mind, same gamertag as my forum name.

HazelrahFirefly
07-10-2018, 03:27 PM
Alright man, if you change your mind I can take you to WL school, like I said, I was EXACTLY where you were a few months ago, hit me up on ps4 if you change your mind, same gamertag as my forum name.

I wouldn't play WL anyway. Tried him and don't like him. Conq is all right, but even with almost two Reps I have no success against Aras

Legion25846
07-10-2018, 03:33 PM
Not sure about this complaint the orochi is way worse as far as side to side top light attack spam .......

The_B0G_
07-10-2018, 03:37 PM
I wouldn't play WL anyway. Tried him and don't like him. Conq is all right, but even with almost two Reps I have no success against Aras

I didn't like him at first either. He can be a beast if played the right way though. No harm in letting me show you what he can do, let me know if you change your mind.

HazelrahFirefly
07-10-2018, 03:43 PM
Not sure about this complaint the orochi is way worse as far as side to side top light attack spam .......

As stated, it's a personal issue only. I actually don't have nearly as big a problem with the Orochi - I assume because his animations seem more fluid and telegraphed. I'm not going to claim for a moment that I don't get hit, but that I have a far easier time stopping his assault.

Vakris_One
07-10-2018, 04:10 PM
Would it be an option to get the game on PC during a sale/free giveaway? I know the issue is that of telegraphing animations but maybe a few extra frames will help?

HazelrahFirefly
07-10-2018, 06:33 PM
Would it be an option to get the game on PC during a sale/free giveaway? I know the issue is that of telegraphing animations but maybe a few extra frames will help?

I actually have the game for PC as well, picked up during the E3 announcement. Problem is that I don't have a PC even close to being able to run the game, and likely never will. Too much else that requires my money (and that's all I'll say on the matter).

Knight_Raime
07-10-2018, 07:30 PM
I'd just take a long break my man. That's what i'm doing. Not planning on hopping in till the dlc drops. unless they drop reworks before that.

UbiJurassic
07-10-2018, 08:04 PM
It's okay to take a break from the game if you feel you need one. :)

It's good to take some time and get a fresh perspective on things if you are getting stressed out by Aramusha. As others have suggested, try giving Aramusha a try in Arena mode so you can better understand the hero's moveset. When Centurion first released, many players were incredibly frustrated with the hero, and some still are. However, I also saw many players change their mind about the hero after learning the in's and out's of the Centurion's moveset, as well as identifying exit points and setups for his combos.

MuscleTech12018
07-10-2018, 09:14 PM
Meh, definitely a l2p issue...

HazelrahFirefly
07-11-2018, 02:13 AM
Meh, definitely a l2p issue...

Thanks for the stellar input.

Anyway, I spent another hour practicing against a lvl 3 Ara, got literally nowhere. I can even block his insanity 10 times in a row, but since he doesn't have to stop eventually one hit gets through and I am stunlocked until death.

RenegadeTX2000
07-11-2018, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the stellar input.

Anyway, I spent another hour practicing against a lvl 3 Ara, got literally nowhere. I can even block his insanity 10 times in a row, but since he doesn't have to stop eventually one hit gets through and I am stunlocked until death.

if you have trouble blocking his lights you can always dodge it...

If you get hit by the first light, block top so he can't immediately follow up with a chained top, and if he goes for deadly feint then keep guard up top and then dodge. There's a timing where you can easily dodge both his deadly feint and follow through at the same time without even needing to block in any direction. Also since he lacks range, he will never track from deadly feints into lights. Beating spam aramushas are easy if you just do that. You play on ps4? i can easily just show you the timing. you'll be slaughtering aramushas in no time.