PDA

View Full Version : PvP becomes too hard

Uncle_Drugobert
07-09-2018, 06:33 PM
Any way to lower skill level?

MuscleTech12018
07-09-2018, 06:59 PM
Yes, please ! More light spam, fast unblockables, op assasins with great recovery and no rework for the underpowered vanguard classes.

That would surely lower the skill level required !

Uncle_Drugobert
07-09-2018, 07:14 PM
I mean that skill level wich the game uses to pair you with other people.

The_B0G_
07-09-2018, 07:20 PM
He knows, he just wanted to troll Ubisoft instead of explaining that you can't do anything besides practice in your position. Theres nothing you can do to change who you play against.

Uncle_Drugobert
07-09-2018, 07:27 PM
I just cannot play that much, coz of life and work etc... im stuck at a level where i cant get a single kill alone. My opponents are way more better than me, even if the game says "on par". And i don't want to go to PvAi.

The_B0G_
07-09-2018, 07:42 PM
I just cannot play that much, coz of life and work etc... im stuck at a level where i cant get a single kill alone. My opponents are way more better than me, even if the game says "on par". And i don't want to go to PvAi.

Have you tried the arena out? I suggest using it, practice against each character you are having issues with. It's what I do to get my timings down.

Uncle_Drugobert
07-09-2018, 07:56 PM
I tried a couple of times, but those bots can't do what i have problems with. The feints what the players doing can't be practiced in the arena. Anyway i just try not to die often i think :/

The_B0G_
07-09-2018, 09:50 PM
I hear ya, if you can defend against a level 3 bot, you should be ok for whoever you're against now though.

UbiInsulin
07-09-2018, 10:01 PM
Any way to lower skill level?

There's no way to manually lower the skill of opponents you face. If players could do this, high MMR players could simply choose to play less skilled players whenever they wanted. Matchmaking does factor in skill parity, but it also needs to find players in similar regions + in a reasonable amount of time, so the parameters gradually loosen as matchmaking goes on.

Charmzzz
07-10-2018, 08:27 AM
Yes, please ! More light spam, fast unblockables, op assasins with great recovery and no rework for the underpowered vanguard classes.

That would surely lower the skill level required !

Ah, this guy again.

Light Spam? Everyone does it.

Fast unblockables? There is not one single "fast" unblockable Attack in the game. Or do you mean Bashes? Then only Conq is fast @500ms.

"OP Assassins with great recoveries"? LOL - you literally have no idea about the game... Dodge recoveries got equalized except for Highlander in offensive stance. And the Heroes topping the Win % Charts are not Assassins btw. Stop talking nonsense and git gud (or pick Conq / Kensei).

No rework for the "underpowered Vanguard Classes"? Which Vanguard you mean? Kensei got his rework and is among the best Heroes right now. Raider is together with Lawbringer THE best pick in Dominion since forever. You mean Warden? He will get his rework soon and I cannot wait to test it (Rep 25 Warden, not only Assassin Main bro...).

DrinkinMyStella
07-10-2018, 09:56 AM
which hero do you use the most so far so we can give you some tips on whether thats a good choice to begin with or not. First if you haven't played story mode I suggest you do so and play on hard. Also youtube is your best friend, games like this you need to see tutorials with commentary to really know what things mean and how to perform well with specific characters. First thing you should get to grips with isn't learning the offence so much you want to master, blocking and parrying and counter Guard breaks once you have an understanding of this then you can easily last longer in a fight. once you can do that comfortably then learn how to attack also its not as easy as throwing a random heavy or unblockable you need to learn how to feint and switch direction and cancel attacks in other moves like a guard break, the idea in for honor as it is now the skill level is really high and players are just really good compared to a year ago so its all about playing mind games and baiting your opponent into throwing a heavy for you to parry or tricking your opponent and the guard breaking them. trust me go on youtube and look at videos about, parrying, counter guard break, feints, and general defence, then if there is a hero you like watch a tutorial on it to learn the combos and moveset.

Arekonator
07-10-2018, 11:26 AM
"OP Assassins with great recoveries"? LOL - you literally have no idea about the game... Dodge recoveries got equalized except for Highlander in offensive stance. And the Heroes topping the Win % Charts are not Assassins btw. Stop talking nonsense and git gud (or pick Conq / Kensei).
Arent they? Not that i agree with the guy, but in 1v1 you have 3 assassins in top5.

Uncle_Drugobert
07-10-2018, 01:52 PM
All right, i finally understand these things, but let me ask 1 more question. If players leave the game for a very long time, for example 2-3 months, will their skill level drop automatically, or it will stay where it is?

The_B0G_
07-10-2018, 02:11 PM
All right, i finally understand these things, but let me ask 1 more question. If players leave the game for a very long time, for example 2-3 months, will their skill level drop automatically, or it will stay where it is?

It depends, they had changes in their matchmaking system to improve it not too long ago(a month or two ago), when they did, it reset everyones skill rating for matchmaking. So if there are more changes to matchmaking in the next 2-3 months then yes, it will drop, but it won't take long to get back where it was, I'm guessing 10 or so games.

DrinkinMyStella
07-10-2018, 02:14 PM

as I understand sometimes Ubisoft reset the matchmaking and then you play about 5-10 games before it puts you in the right skill level. I went off for about 4months and when I came back I was facing low level players and it actually helped me get back into the game, it took about 15 games before I was playing against other with similar reputation and skill. so unless Ubisoft manually reset the skill level for matchmaking then I think it will stay,

Uncle_Drugobert
07-10-2018, 03:15 PM
Thank you for the answers, now i know everything i wanted to.

Vakris_One
07-10-2018, 03:44 PM
There's no way to manually lower the skill of opponents you face. If players could do this, high MMR players could simply choose to play less skilled players whenever they wanted. Matchmaking does factor in skill parity, but it also needs to find players in similar regions + in a reasonable amount of time, so the parameters gradually loosen as matchmaking goes on.
What if you lose a lot of your fights? Won't that lower your MMR and start giving you opponents that are more on par with you?

The_B0G_
07-10-2018, 03:55 PM
What if you lose a lot of your fights? Won't that lower your MMR and start giving you opponents that are more on par with you?

It would. That explains why people have "bad days" everyone once in a while.

DrinkinMyStella
07-10-2018, 04:03 PM
I think you would have to do consistently bad in at least 10+ games in a row, on a bad day out of 10 games might have 5 bad games but I think you would have to do bad in like 9/10 for example (I don't know the real numbers)

Vakris_One
07-10-2018, 04:07 PM
It would. That explains why people have "bad days" everyone once in a while.
Cool. In that case the OP should eventually start to see an improvement in their matchmaking.

I know from my experience that my MMR sometimes goes a bit crazy and puts me up against nothing but parry gods. I've definitely had bad days where I couldn't scrape a win to save my ancestor's honour! Eventually the MMR realises my name isn't in fact Alernakin and lets me wear flotation aids in the shallow pool again :)

UbiInsulin
07-10-2018, 06:56 PM

Yes, but this didn't seem like a very helpful suggestion for OP so I chose not to mention that. :p

Uncle_Drugobert
07-10-2018, 07:12 PM
To be honest i did think about losing directly, but nah, better train back to my former level.

Vakris_One
07-10-2018, 07:20 PM
Yes, but this didn't seem like a very helpful suggestion for OP so I chose not to mention that. :p

To be honest i did think about losing directly, but nah, better train back to my former level.
No, I totally get that. I wasn't implying you start losing on purpose, just that matchmaking should naturally place you in the most appropriate pool eventually.

Uncle_Drugobert
07-13-2018, 03:36 PM
I have no time for proper practice, coz of work, i think im just gonna lose on purpose for a couple of weeks

ArmoredChocobo
07-13-2018, 06:40 PM
While I like and enjoy the game most when facing teams equal in skill to myself, sometimes you’re just gonna get your *** kicked as the game rebalances you in the matchmaker.

Uncle_Drugobert
07-13-2018, 09:58 PM
Sadly i dont have the time for getting my skills and reaction time to high level. Its a game and its very purpose to entertain me, but i don't have fun if all i get is deaths, coz everyone is better than me, has quicker reaction than me. So i'm just gonna lose directly and hope my skill level will be lowered to a realistic level, where i can have fun with the game again.