PDA

View Full Version : Would Guard Reflex be unfixable?

Sekiro...
07-08-2018, 02:31 PM
just watch this:

https://youtu.be/IAgWSY6OstI?t=33s

Normal guards are instanlty while guard swith takes a while to change

RexXZ347
07-08-2018, 02:40 PM
I haven't seen that in ps4. Neither i can do it.

Halvtand
07-08-2018, 02:45 PM
It's a bug. This is not the way it's intended to work. It's active misinformation to make it sound like it's supposed to be this way.

Baturai
07-08-2018, 09:02 PM
BuG ? ahahaha Ubisoft doees alot of Sneaky Changes... ;)

Halvtand
07-08-2018, 09:42 PM
BuG ? ahahaha Ubisoft doees alot of Sneaky Changes... ;)

Alright then. Present your evidence for why this is an intended feature.

PepsiBeastin
07-09-2018, 04:19 AM
If this were fixed, all the static guard mains would cry that blocking assassins is too hard now, what reflex guard heroes have been dealing with this entire time lol

Camemberto
07-09-2018, 07:28 AM
Are you even serious? If anything, the 100ms delay is the buggy part about it. Also "[...] is unreactable, but not with the bug I just showed you [...] The devs have implemented this 400ms light so people would have to guess [...]" What the hell man? Might as well add guns or 100ms attacks, since apparently ANY reactable attack is literally unusable... This thread man...

The_B0G_
07-09-2018, 07:34 PM
Assassins have dodge attacks and deflects, along with the fastest attacks in the game... now you want guard stance as good as static guard stance like the slow classes have?

Yeah that doesn't sound unbalanced at all...

I'm fine with assassins getting equal guard stance to non assassins, but I would like all non assassins to get 400ms lights, dash attacks, and deflects added to their kits.

See where I'm going with this? Assassins already make up 75% of picks in nearly every game, let's not make it 100%.

If you want static guard, don't pick an assassin.

HazelrahFirefly
07-09-2018, 07:42 PM
Assassins have dodge attacks and deflects, along with the fastest attacks in the game... now you want guard stance as good as static guard stance like the slow classes have?

I'm fine with assassins getting equal guard stance to non assassins, but I would like all non assassins to get 400ms lights, dash attacks, and deflects added to their kits.

See where I'm going with this? Assassins already make up 75% of picks in nearly every game, let's not make it 100%.

Isn't the Shug the only hero without 400 ms attacks?

Also, Warden, Kensei, Raider, Valk, Conq, and Nobushi all have dash attacks.

Also also, Kensei, Valk, and Conq all have deflects

The_B0G_
07-09-2018, 10:07 PM
Isn't the Shug the only hero without 400 ms attacks?

Also, Warden, Kensei, Raider, Valk, Conq, and Nobushi all have dash attacks.

Also also, Kensei, Valk, and Conq all have deflects

I'd hardly consider conq or warden having a dash attack, but yeah, I never said none of the other classes didn't have these abilities, I'm saying if you want to give every assassin a guard stance equal to the characters with static guard, then every static guard hero should get deflects and dash attacks.

The argument here is, when you pick the wrong zone to defend, reflex guard gets 100ms penalty for picking the wrong zone, while static guard heroes can just switch immediately.

The thing is if you give assassins the same ability then they are superior defensively against all static guard heroes. That means superior defensively and offensively.

HazelrahFirefly
07-09-2018, 11:28 PM
I still don't quite get it, but perhaps that's because I consider Aramusha, Berserker, and Conquerer to be the three hardest opponents, with Ara ranking as #1. I don't specifically see Assassins as having the best offense.

ChampionRuby50g
07-09-2018, 11:56 PM
I'd hardly consider conq or warden having a dash attack, but yeah, I never said none of the other classes didn't have these abilities, I'm saying if you want to give every assassin a guard stance equal to the characters with static guard, then every static guard hero should get deflects and dash attacks.

The argument here is, when you pick the wrong zone to defend, reflex guard gets 100ms penalty for picking the wrong zone, while static guard heroes can just switch immediately.

The thing is if you give assassins the same ability then they are superior defensively against all static guard heroes. That means superior defensively and offensively.

I used to agree that they arenít dash attacks, but when you consider how Conq can avoid your attack and hit you with a SB which in itself can do 10 damage with punch through and confirms a light, I would say it is. Warden can also dodge SB into light on reaction, so itís pretty much a dodge attack in itself.

The_B0G_
07-10-2018, 12:58 AM
I used to agree that they arenít dash attacks, but when you consider how Conq can avoid your attack and hit you with a SB which in itself can do 10 damage with punch through and confirms a light, I would say it is. Warden can also dodge SB into light on reaction, so itís pretty much a dodge attack in itself.

They are just slow I guess, they only really catch people on whiffed heavies pretty much. Regardless, what I said still stands. You can technically say Highlander has a dodge attack if you want.

HazelrahFirefly
07-10-2018, 02:23 AM
They are just slow I guess, then only really catch people on whiffed heavies pretty much regardless, what I said still stands. You can technically say Highlander has a dodge attack if you want.

How?

Sekiro...
07-10-2018, 03:09 AM

slow classes... like valk? like aramusha? like kensei? like centurion?
:confused:

Sekiro...
07-10-2018, 03:21 AM
now you want guard stance as good as static guard stance like the slow classes have?

Following your logic, Dont you think it's unbalanced Vanguard and Hybrid heros having the same guard switch of the "slow" (heavy) heros?

The_B0G_
07-10-2018, 06:41 AM
Following your logic, Dont you think it's unbalanced Vanguard and Hybrid heros having the same guard switch of the "slow" (heavy) heros?

They are all in the same group, half of the cast are assassins, the other half are pretty much all slow with static guard.

The_B0G_
07-10-2018, 06:43 AM
How?

In OS he has 400 ms side dash recovery and can land a kick on most characters that leads to guarenteed damage, like conq and warden.

The_B0G_
07-10-2018, 06:54 AM
slow classes... like valk? like aramusha? like kensei? like centurion?

Lolll yes, 3 out of 4 of the characters you just named are in bad need of a buff/rework and are extremely weak. Aramusha and cent have no dash attacks, and valk is probably the lowest tier character in the game due to pathetic damage numbers, not sure what you're trying to prove by bringing up 3 of the lowest tier characters in the game...

Kensei is the best/most fairly balanced character in the game IMO. His slow attacks mixed with hyper armor and soft feints make him a mind game master, and not to the point where most or even half of his attacks are unreactable like the assassin reworks are going.

Sekiro...
07-10-2018, 05:41 PM
Lolll yes, 3 out of 4 of the characters you just named are in bad need of a buff/rework and are extremely weak. Aramusha and cent have no dash attacks, and valk is probably the lowest tier character in the game due to pathetic damage numbers, not sure what you're trying to prove by bringing up 3 of the lowest tier characters in the game...

Kensei is the best/most fairly balanced character in the game IMO. His slow attacks mixed with hyper armor and soft feints make him a mind game master, and not to the point where most or even half of his attacks are unreactable like the assassin reworks are going.

I think you are confused... a lot
You started talk about speed and these characters I named have fast lights atacks
If they lack of moves variety, damage or something else is another subject

How vanguards and heavies could be in the same group? Why do you think some are vanguard and some are heavy?

Stop try to push your hatred against assassins toward us.

The_B0G_
07-10-2018, 05:55 PM
I think you are confused... a lot
You started talk about speed and these characters I named have fast lights atacks
If they lack of moves variety, damage or something else is another subject

How vanguards and heavies could be in the same group? Why do you think some are vanguard and some are heavy?

Stop try to push your hatred against assassins toward us.

I think you are confused, I made the point that if you were to blanket buff every assassin on the roster by making their reflex guard equal to static guard, that every other class should get deflects and dash attacks. I just said they have slow attacks, because most of them do, even valk has very slow heavies, kensei heavies are also slow, his lights are average speed as far as lights go cast wide.

You brought up 4 heroes that have one or two fast attacks in their move set for being non assassins, yet they are 3 out of 4 of some of the weakest characters in the game, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make there.

UbiJurassic
07-10-2018, 08:08 PM
This is a known bug for the team and they are looking into it. We'll be sure to update players if there are any new details about it to share.

Sekiro...
07-10-2018, 10:43 PM
I think you are confused, I made the point that if you were to blanket buff every assassin on the roster by making their reflex guard equal to static guard, that every other class should get deflects and dash attacks. I just said they have slow attacks, because most of them do, even valk has very slow heavies, kensei heavies are also slow, his lights are average speed as far as lights go cast wide.

You brought up 4 heroes that have one or two fast attacks in their move set for being non assassins, yet they are 3 out of 4 of some of the weakest characters in the game, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make there.

You probably will like to know Tiandi is comming with a regular guard switch and 400ms light atacks...

Sekiro...
07-10-2018, 10:44 PM
This is a known bug for the team and they are looking into it. We'll be sure to update players if there are any new details about it to share.

thank you

The_B0G_
07-10-2018, 11:00 PM
You probably will like to know Tiandi is comming with a regular guard switch and 400ms light atacks...

Not sure which hero that is, but no issues here. I do know that one of the new heroes is non assassin with reflex guard, so thats cool, the monk seems pretty unique.