PDA

View Full Version : Add shields

Valkohir
07-07-2018, 03:39 PM
if shields can't be used for a lame reasons than so can't spears and 2h weapons since you can't wield leonidas spear and use a 2h weapon at the same time...

add shields you're ****ing up before you even release the damn game..

the reason given to why you can't use shields, is plane simply lazyness to not put into the game

at least if it won't make it right away

sell it to us on a DLC to be able to wield shields..even tho its a lame *** move to not add usable shields in the 1st place..:mad:

io.Hellenic
07-07-2018, 08:03 PM
Man i want shield too but but MAKE 100 post for thats will not help

Go https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1894075-Odyssey-shields if youwant shield

Valkohir
07-07-2018, 08:39 PM
i'm pretty sure if the forums filled up with the same type of topics, shields would be in the game..

io.Hellenic
07-07-2018, 10:44 PM
Thats stupid and you know thats ! if you know how much i want shield but make 1000post they will delete automaticly ! and this post too

delete this and be a man not a kids ! if you do thats they will see us like a kids crying like a baby come on dude

OshadowhatterO
07-08-2018, 02:20 AM
Yeah as others said plus kindness goes a long ways. Being a rude jerk barking orders like you run the development gets nothing accomplished.

MnemonicSyntax
07-08-2018, 07:50 PM
I really can't stand the "laziness" angle as the response is lazy in itself.

Obviously, they had to build the new combat from the ground up. Including animations, scripts, new abilities, etc. So *not* adding shields isn't the cause and effect of laziness.

It might be other things: a bad idea, not accurate, non-nonsensical, creator/developer vision, they simply don't want to, etc.

But laziness? Nah.

In addition, spamming the same thing over and over again won't yield results. The devs know about the shields and if they add it or not is up to them. It would take a reworking of the combat abilities which isn't "laziness" as much as it is just difficult to do, especially this late in the game.

They may not even do it, because they don't want shields for the player character in this game. That's part of that "developer vision." Not everything will get changed because we ask (or demand it) so let's try to be more civil about it, yeah?

OxIdOAC
07-08-2018, 07:59 PM
Kindness rarely goes a long way in a real world, let alone here. Not saying that you must be rude jerk barking around instead, just saying that just be REAL.
Funny thing is, Odyssey has the same game engine like Origins, and Bayek use shield, and shields ARE in the Odyssey, enemies are actively using them, so why is so damn hard to give players a OPTION to use that damn shield? You can just re-use Bayek animations to use shield. How hard is that? Somehow i believe shields would appear in future DLC-s...

MnemonicSyntax
07-08-2018, 08:42 PM
Having spoken with several Ubisoft developers at Red Storm, kindness does go a long way. It's a thankless job and it's mostly vocal negativity from a minority. People rarely go to forums to talk about what a good job that was done.

As for the difficulty, game engines can be tricky. Some can be modular, while others would require backing up and basically deleting thousands of lines of code to make changes.

It could just be developer vision. We will just have to wait and see.

io.Hellenic
07-08-2018, 09:17 PM
im not agree with all of that post about the shield !

BUT you wrong not a small minority a big minority talking about thats ! you said you talk with dev said to me this who buy the game, who make money for them? maybe us ! can we deserve somethink or DLC BUY TO HAVE why season pass ?

im not agree with you about the vision on the comunity because i play all assassin screed its first time i go here on forum for shield so imagine how many people will do thats with the time !!!

MnemonicSyntax
07-08-2018, 09:31 PM
im not agree with all of that post about the shield !

BUT you wrong not a small minority a big minority talking about thats ! you said you talk with dev said to me this who buy the game, who make money for them? maybe us ! can we deserve somethink or DLC BUY TO HAVE why season pass ?

You are confusing my comments. I said a negative minority. Requesting a shield and talking about it is not negative. Demanding a shield and saying they're lazy is negative.

There's a difference.

im not agree with you about the vision on the comunity because i play all assassin screed its first time i go here on forum for shield so imagine how many people will do thats with the time !!!

It's not the community vision, it's the developer's vision. If they don't want shield in the game, regardless of what the community thinks or wants, it won't be added because it's not part of what they want.

For every person that says they won't buy it because they won't add shields, there are others that will. It's not always about money.

Let me be clear. The option for shields would be nice. I'm totally for using shields. But if it doesn't happen , it doesn't mean it's lazy. It doesn't mean it is owed to you because you bought it.

If we don't get shields, it could be because of two reasons.

1) The programming aspect might be difficult to change this far into development.
2) They don't want shields in the game.

It's really up to them. Regardless, being negative and demanding doesn't go as far.

Black_Widow9
07-08-2018, 10:46 PM
Man i want shield too but but MAKE 100 post for thats will not help

Go https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1894075-Odyssey-shields if youwant shield

i'm pretty sure if the forums filled up with the same type of topics, shields would be in the game..
Hi Jhon,

The greater amount of feedback we have in one topic helps to keep it together, so we can easily pass it on and other players can let us know how they feel as well.

The link io.Spartan posted, is the perfect place for you to share how much you too would like shields added.

Thanks

projectpat06
07-09-2018, 07:10 PM
It's fine if the developer's vision is to not include shields when it worked so well in orgins and makes the most sense for this time period and character. I, however, will just respond by not purchasing at launch. I may pick it up half off on Black Friday, but right now my hours of gaming are being saved for Red Dead 2.

I overall respect the developer's decision, but it take me out of the experience when almost every other person we fight has a shield.

quanzaizai
07-09-2018, 10:36 PM
I dont bother much about the shield till the game come out and see how the combat work but I do see the laziness in this game where the skill tree is very weak. As an RPG for me it should have way more skill/ abilities than that and those skill in the game are just copy from ACO with little addition. I mean they already allowed supernatural abilities in the game why not making more interesting. Also by removing the shield we only have 2 options to defend which are dodge and parry. Even this time there are some attack that we can't parry which force us to dodge. I don't think anyone like to dodge in a videogame you know. there is the laziness in there while they remove the shield but don't add anything for us to defend.

Astrodiuz
07-09-2018, 10:48 PM
Try dodge but have delay from enemy arrow,non make sense no shield this is not spartan warriors.

quanzaizai
07-09-2018, 11:04 PM
IMO what they saying is reasonable. being a mercenary, our character may not need shield and yeah they choose to not using it. Second if you are too badass you probably gonna drop your shield anyway
For example: in final attempt to kill xerxes, leonidas dropped the shield or in final fight of 300 rise, themistocles also didn't need shield.
so if you are a badass mercenary then it is ok to not having shield.

Hitman47x.
07-09-2018, 11:07 PM
I don't understand why the enemies can have shields but we can't. Doesn't make sense.

quanzaizai
07-09-2018, 11:30 PM
maybe not because we can't use shield but because our character don't want to use it? yeah they introduce multiple choice but still, we have to respect the character's personality in the choices anyway.