PDA

View Full Version : The AC of old....

SUPERSANDSY12
07-06-2018, 12:41 PM
Saw this last night

Running PC maxed settings. Look at the graphics and parkour

Makes me thing of how far Unity has gotten and where we are now with Origins and future Odyssey

The stuff like Unity is what makes me say AC is my favorite franchise.

Not sure, have anxiety, if ill be able to say that with AC in the coming years...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBuFjzXwdHo&frags=pl%2Cwn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4AlEpaDg5Y&frags=pl%2Cwn

Megas_Doux
07-09-2018, 02:14 AM
And yet in the grand scheme of things, Unity is deemed as an utter failure that almost prompted (along with other fiascos) the death of Ubisoft whereas Origins is perceived as the best thing this franchise has ever produced besides Ezio's trilogy. Hey even more so than AC IV not counting its "pirate" theme.

Unity had what I believe it was the right ideas for the core gameplay in the likes of solid first steps towards a challenging combat and a true stealth gameplay in a while. Which resulted into pretty good assassinations, probably the best ones so far. Then there was the feeling of being part of a secret organization, customization and such.

Yet, technical HUGE issues aside, the open world felt like a chore despite the astonishing and probably unmatched beauty of Paris due to the lack of variation in not only the world itself because focusing on urban environments only, no mattered how detailed they are, has proven difficult for Ubisoft mostly if the game set in just ONE city but also in terms of the side activities which felt rather samey and thus boring.

In end and after all these years I've realized that my ultimate AC game lies somewhere between the variety and vastness of Origins and the "core" of Unity.

OxIdOAC
07-09-2018, 04:37 AM
In end and after all these years I've realized that my ultimate AC game lies somewhere between the variety and vastness of Origins and the "core" of Unity.

Damn right.. True to the bone.