PDA

View Full Version : What About Balance?

DFQN1
07-05-2018, 12:59 AM
Are you gonna balance this game soon or what?
Espacially on consoles. It seems like you don't care about consoles.

CravenExtrez
07-05-2018, 01:14 AM
What do you mean on consoles, what is wrong with it?

Koncrissant
07-05-2018, 01:26 AM
What do you mean on consoles, what is wrong with it?

This guy Real talking?

CravenExtrez
07-05-2018, 01:29 AM
This guy Real talking?

I am not playing with console so how am I supposed to know?

DFQN1
07-05-2018, 01:54 AM
I am not playing with console so how am I supposed to know?

And that's the problem. The Dev team probably does the same thing. Testing the game and its mechanics on PC without caring for consoles.
Just in case you didn't know:
Consoles only have 30 fps

CravenExtrez
07-05-2018, 01:56 AM
And that's the problem. The Dev team probably does the same thing. Testing the game and its mechanics on PC without caring for consoles.
Just in case you didn't know:
Consoles only have 30 fps

I can't imagine having 30 fps but I hope they fix it, thanks for the heads up.

Charmzzz
07-05-2018, 08:11 AM
Ah, the 30 FPS myth again.

The difference (when you see the Attack indicator) between 30 and 60 FPS is ~33ms, and this is true only if your opponent starts his Attack exactly in that millisecond when your Monitor started drawing a Frame. It's simple math.

33ms less time to react in the worst case. Less in most cases.

If you want to improve your experience there are other things that have much more impact:
- Monitor (biggest impact), the input lag varies huge between different Models. Especially TV's without a Gaming Mode have massive input lag: https://displaylag.com/display-database/
- Wireless Connections (both Console - Router and Controller), they can add up to 50ms input lag depending on the circumstances -> go Wired

Having a good Monitor / TV is really the biggest factor. Input Lag varies from 9ms to 100ms.

DrinkinMehStella
07-05-2018, 09:24 AM
console player DO suffer when it comes to frame drops and input lag. If you have ever played on both pc and console then you would notice a big difference between frames, on PC light spam is more reactable and easier parry, you can see the attack indicator ever so slightly faster than console and you can see the GB indicator quicker as well, on console you lose about 200ms off the attack indicator so what is 400ms light feels like 200ms. On my screen playing on ps4 I have to start the parry on a heavy way before I have to on PC so yes there is a difference. and its been proven on other games that fps does make a difference in latency and input lag not by a huge amount but with a game as precise as fo honor then every ms counts. my latency on ps4 is between 15-30 all the time but thats good for the other team, but when the other team have like 60ms+ then its makes attacks appear on my screen slower and more chance to miss that parry.

Armosias
07-05-2018, 12:36 PM
If you manage to lose 200ms of an attack, you should probably check your hardware because losing 6 frames like that doesn't feel very healthy at all

Darkmight_cz
07-05-2018, 12:43 PM
I don't know guys it seems as myth to me I play on PC with Xbox controller and when I run ingame benchmark I have average +- 30fps also so where is difference? When yo play PC version it doesn't mean that you have 150 fps constantly and no lag 😉

Charmzzz
07-05-2018, 12:48 PM
console player DO suffer when it comes to frame drops and input lag. If you have ever played on both pc and console then you would notice a big difference between frames, on PC light spam is more reactable and easier parry, you can see the attack indicator ever so slightly faster than console and you can see the GB indicator quicker as well, on console you lose about 200ms off the attack indicator so what is 400ms light feels like 200ms. On my screen playing on ps4 I have to start the parry on a heavy way before I have to on PC so yes there is a difference. and its been proven on other games that fps does make a difference in latency and input lag not by a huge amount but with a game as precise as fo honor then every ms counts. my latency on ps4 is between 15-30 all the time but thats good for the other team, but when the other team have like 60ms+ then its makes attacks appear on my screen slower and more chance to miss that parry.

Can you back this up by facts? Or is it just urban myth talk? Seems like because losing 200ms with a 30 FPS difference is nonsense.

60 FPS = every 16ms a Frame is drawn
30 FPS = every 33ms a Frame is drawn

So the average time you lose on Console compared to PC would be less than 17ms. In the worst case (if your enemy Attacks in the exact moment when your Console draws a new Frame) you lose 33ms off the Attack Animation / Indicator. On PC you lose 16ms. Not that big difference, eh?

Ping has nothing to do with FPS. Latency has nothing to do with FPS. Input Lag has only little to do with FPS -> what you mean here is V-Sync / G-Sync / Fullscreen / Windowed Mode etc options. THOSE have bigger impact, but not the FPS.

The highest factor, by far, is your Home Setup. As on PC - money gives you advantages.

DrinkinMehStella
07-05-2018, 12:52 PM
If you manage to lose 200ms of an attack, you should probably check your hardware because losing 6 frames like that doesn't feel very healthy at all

I don't know exactly what ms i'm losing playing on console, it just feels like that to me when I fight an orochi spamming lights I struggle to get my guard up quick enough (dead spot is below 10) on PC I can see the attack quick enough to block. my console is ps4 pro and my TV setup is for gaming and i'm wired

Charmzzz
07-05-2018, 01:01 PM
I don't know exactly what ms i'm losing playing on console, it just feels like that to me when I fight an orochi spamming lights I struggle to get my guard up quick enough (dead spot is below 10) on PC I can see the attack quick enough to block. my console is ps4 pro and my TV setup is for gaming and i'm wired

So it's "feelings". Ok.

I can only say that I have problems blocking Orochi Light-Light-Light, too. And I am playing on a 144hz Monitor with a PC who can deliver 140+ FPS... It is more a thing of Lag / Latency and Assassin Guard Bugs than an FPS issue. With static Guard Heroes I have no problems blocking his Light Chains.

DrinkinMehStella
07-05-2018, 01:14 PM
So it's "feelings". Ok.

I can only say that I have problems blocking Orochi Light-Light-Light, too. And I am playing on a 144hz Monitor with a PC who can deliver 140+ FPS... It is more a thing of Lag / Latency and Assassin Guard Bugs than an FPS issue. With static Guard Heroes I have no problems blocking his Light Chains.

mate I don't have time to research or find out exactly what i'm losing on my console vs PC and tbh I don't really care about what it says on paper because that just general analytics which has no meaning to individual experiences, all I can tell you is my experience and sometimes that beats facts because thats personal to my experience, I have harder time on console dealing with light spam than on PC thats just my experience which i'm sharing so i'm not wrong, it really does sometimes feel like I have 200ms to react (I really don't know what im actually losing) but I appreciate your opinion and your facts.

jbs1985
07-05-2018, 01:40 PM
Running on 165fps on pc and itís night and day, compared to console. My main account is on ps4 pro and secondary on pc, itís only because of the time invested I play on consoles. The light spam on consoles is a nightmare, what I can easy block on pc, each light goes through on console. Using a monitor with fast response time on console, faster than my monitor on my pc, but the slower response time is still no problem to block against compared to the monitor on my console. They have recently buffed orochi which made it worse on consoles, I think. Thatís not to say it should be easy blockable, since itís a fast attack. But having less frames to defend against is a massive advantage for light attacks.

Charmzzz
07-05-2018, 01:42 PM
Running on 165fps on pc and it’s night and day, compared to console. My main account is on ps4 pro and secondary on pc, it’s only because of the time invested I play on consoles. The light spam on consoles is a nightmare, what I can easy block on pc, each light goes through on console. Using a monitor with fast response time on console, faster than my monitor on my pc, but the slower response time is still no problem to block against compared to the monitor on my console. They have recently buffed orochi which made it worse on consoles, I think. That’s not to say it should be easy blockable, since it’s a fast attack. But having less frames to defend against is a massive advantage for light attacks.

Yeah, ~17ms more time to react. Massive. ;)

Arekonator
07-05-2018, 02:22 PM
Who cares, console players are not real people anyway.

Darkmight_cz
07-05-2018, 02:33 PM
Who cares, console players are not real people anyway.

There is no need to be rude man just for all console players I have to say that most PC players don't have PC worth thousands dollars so they still have average fps around 30 so.... W8 for it....... There is no difference

Arekonator
07-05-2018, 02:46 PM
Budget 500$ PC can run on 60fps no problem.
Regardles:

>chose inferior platform
>complain about inferior experience

B O I

Darkmight_cz
07-05-2018, 02:54 PM
Budget 500$ PC can run on 60fps no problem.
Regardles:

>chose inferior platform
>complain about inferior experience

B O I
Ehhhm not true. I have 4 months old PC worth more than that running very high details but not max out on average 34 fps. It depends what HW and settings do you use. Also as Charmzz written above in worst scenario differences are max 33ms which is nothing 😉

Arekonator
07-05-2018, 03:06 PM
Ehhhm not true. I have 4 months old PC worth more than that running very high details but not max out on average 34 fps. Its settings and HW depending. Also as Charmzz written above in worst scenario difference are max 33ms which is nothing ��

I ran 60fps on five year old rig with medium setting.
But yeah, 33ms difference is negligible, so much it seems that this thread is pointless �� Because there is usualy lot of other issues that are not directly caused by console, but are lumped together.

Darkmight_cz
07-05-2018, 03:13 PM
I ran 60fps on five year old rig with medium setting.
But yeah, 33ms difference is negligible, so much it seems that this thread is pointless �� Because there is usualy lot of other issues that are not directly caused by console, but are lumped together.

Its coz my GPU only gtx 1050 TI 4gb because bitcoins morons bought all better GPUs in that time when I build PC all better GPUs was sold so... You got my point 😉 But if some console player think that when he cant block or parry on console and in moment when he jumps on PC he will become block and parry legend well be my guest a try it 😂

DrinkinMehStella
07-05-2018, 03:53 PM
Its coz my GPU only gtx 1050 TI 4gb because bitcoins morons bought all better GPUs in that time when I build PC all better GPUs was sold so... You got my point �� But if some console player think that when he cant block or parry on console and in moment when he jumps on PC he will become block and parry legend well be my guest a try it ��

ermm I have tried it and parrying is easier, CGB easier, blocking easier not saying im now a god at parrying but I can parry more lights on reaction than I can on ps4 infact most light parry on console is just guess work or by accident. counter GB is much easier on PC that little ting difference in MS you say is too little to notice actually helps me CGB more consistently. Im just saying from my perspective on my setups I can notice a difference.

Darkmight_cz
07-05-2018, 04:31 PM
ermm I have tried it and parrying is easier, CGB easier, blocking easier not saying im now a god at parrying but I can parry more lights on reaction than I can on ps4 infact most light parry on console is just guess work or by accident. counter GB is much easier on PC that little ting difference in MS you say is too little to notice actually helps me CGB more consistently. Im just saying from my perspective on my setups I can notice a difference.

Yes so it's your "feelings"coz I hardly doubt that you can see 33ms difference also it depends if you are playing on PC with mouse or controller. That could make difference coz mouse seems more sensitive or responding to guard switch reactions to me but it creates different problems and that's sometimes accidently unwanted gurard switches. So even when I play on PC and i was raised on mouse and keyboard I bought controller. It was hell for me to get use to it.

DFQN1
07-05-2018, 08:52 PM
Yeah, ~17ms more time to react. Massive. ;)

It is massive if we talk about reaction.

Knight_Raime
07-05-2018, 09:15 PM
They clearly do otherwise they wouldn't make hero changes.
They stated long ago they're not going to do platform balancing. I really don't want to type out a paragraph on why it would be a bad idea. Especially since i've done it a million times before.
Nor do I want to get into how the difference between the two isn't actually a big deal.

ChampionRuby50g
07-05-2018, 11:23 PM
Can someone explain to me then why when I played FH on my friends PC, I had a much easier time reacting, blocking and parrying compared to when I play on my Xbox One X, with a wired controller and 1ms response time monitor? Because it really does feel like a huge difference, almost like an entire new game. Itís like people are saying the difference isnít that big without even trying it themselves, just relying on stats. Sometimes stats can be wrong, and you canít deny other peopleís experience.

HazelrahFirefly
07-05-2018, 11:41 PM
There's not a single person who switched from console to PC who doesn't say it's a better experience in terms of framerate and parrying ability.

Could just be a game-wide placebo I guess

bwahaha!

Darkmight_cz
07-05-2018, 11:43 PM
Can someone explain to me then why when I played FH on my friends PC, I had a much easier time reacting, blocking and parrying compared to when I play on my Xbox One X, with a wired controller and 1ms response time monitor? Because it really does feel like a huge difference, almost like an entire new game. Itís like people are saying the difference isnít that big without even trying it themselves, just relying on stats. Sometimes stats can be wrong, and you canít deny other peopleís experience.

Well my friend has console and since I play on Xbox controller I wanted to try it. So I did. I have to say that i didn't experienced any differences on blocking or parry. Maybe its coz I'm use to it since on PC my average fps are slightly above 30 fps 😉 and that's what I am talking about. Tomorrow I will try turn off some details and I try to play on 60 fps but I really doubt It makes any difference at all. I mean 33ms? Really? 😁

ChampionRuby50g
07-05-2018, 11:49 PM
There's not a single person who switched from console to PC who doesn't say it's a better experience in terms of framerate and parrying ability.

Could just be a game-wide placebo I guess

bwahaha!

Everyoneís under the same delusional Jedi mind trick that Ubisoft have spun on us it seems.

Knight_Raime
07-05-2018, 11:51 PM
Can someone explain to me then why when I played FH on my friends PC, I had a much easier time reacting, blocking and parrying compared to when I play on my Xbox One X, with a wired controller and 1ms response time monitor? Because it really does feel like a huge difference, almost like an entire new game. It’s like people are saying the difference isn’t that big without even trying it themselves, just relying on stats. Sometimes stats can be wrong, and you can’t deny other people’s experience.

Assuming you have the same monitor in use for both xbox one x and when you play on pc it's frames. If you can have 60+ frames for your monitor setup then it's going to be easier. Also when you refer to response time on your monitor are you referring to the refresh rate on it? Or literally just input delay?

Just so we're clear here i've never argued that frames don't matter. I'm just arguing that switching from 30fps to 60fps isn't going to instantly make you a parry god. You're not getting much of a different window in terms of reaction. You just see things in more detail.

In my personal experience I didn't see a jump performance wise for me when I played on a pc for a few hours versus me playing on a monitor with my xbox one. The big difference I felt was when I switched off of my standard 720p LCD tv to a decent monitor.

ChampionRuby50g
07-06-2018, 12:24 AM
Assuming you have the same monitor in use for both xbox one x and when you play on pc it's frames. If you can have 60+ frames for your monitor setup then it's going to be easier. Also when you refer to response time on your monitor are you referring to the refresh rate on it? Or literally just input delay?

Just so we're clear here i've never argued that frames don't matter. I'm just arguing that switching from 30fps to 60fps isn't going to instantly make you a parry god. You're not getting much of a different window in terms of reaction. You just see things in more detail.

In my personal experience I didn't see a jump performance wise for me when I played on a pc for a few hours versus me playing on a monitor with my xbox one. The big difference I felt was when I switched off of my standard 720p LCD tv to a decent monitor.

Not the same monitor my friend uses, not sure what the specs of it would be either. I was also referring to the refresh rate of the monitor that I own.

Iím not a parry god on Xbox, and I certainly wasnít when I played PC. But I know that I was having a much easier time of it. When I used to use a TV to play on and made the switch to a monitor, the difference was instantly noticed. When I played on PC, I again noticed a difference. That detail really helps in identifying attacks and the quicker you identify whatís coming your way, the more time you have to react. In a game like FH, every ms counts.

Itís like two people complaining of a headache, both taking the same medication and only one is cured Of a headache.

As I understand it, may be wrong, but 60fps is giving PC players double the amount of frame, giving them double the detail and double the amount of on-screen info which then gives them basically double the time to react. Attack speeds are still the same, but with all the extra detail itís much easier to react.

I know you said you didnít want to write up a paragraph explaining it again, so donít feel like you have to in response to me. Iím just not the most tech savvy person, and have a bit of trouble getting my head around all of this and the differences.

pzea_469
07-06-2018, 04:48 AM
The only way to really know for sure is to play people of the same skill level from one platform to the other. If you play a ton on consoles and face better people and then you switch to PC to try the difference, then you're going to be parrying newbs all day at the start and you might think it's that much easier on PC. I don't know anyone who has truly done that. It would be great to see someone go through that process. It's hard to trust people though. Lots of people say Orochi lights are not reactable on PC even though they very clearly are. Otherwise everyone is just psychic. It's not easy but it's very doable. I can't speak for consoles, but I do hope everyone on consoles is using Game Mode. Also is high level duels dominated by people just spamming lights on consoles?

dekot11
07-06-2018, 06:25 AM
I don't know if it's fps or input lag or monitor but there IS a difference between consoles and PC. I play on my xbox at home and on a friend's PC and the difference is night and day. Virtually everybody who has played on both platforms say there is a massive difference, including youtubers. I don't know why there are people here who seem so set on denying this, The devs really should try and attempt to balance the game separately for the different platforms, they owe it to the console players who kept this game alive while PC player count nosedived during the dark times.

Charmzzz
07-06-2018, 07:58 AM
As I understand it, may be wrong, but 60fps is giving PC players double the amount of frame, giving them double the detail and double the amount of on-screen info which then gives them basically double the time to react. Attack speeds are still the same, but with all the extra detail it’s much easier to react.

Did you read my explanation? It gives, at max, a 17ms advantage on 60 FPS compared to 30 FPS. That's literally IT.

Again:

30 FPS: every 33ms a Frame is drawn
60 FPS: every 16ms a Frame is drawn

Animations look smoother, sure. But if you just look at the indicators to block / parry then you will only have a 17ms advantage in the best case on PC. When you take a 500ms Attack the Console player would have 467ms left to react, the PC player 484ms (if the Attack timings were actually constant...).

Camemberto
07-06-2018, 08:41 AM
Is there anyone who plays on console and says that the difference is negligible? Because I only see the "the difference is only 17 ms, git gud"- argument from PC-Only users ONLY. You have no idea, what you are talking about, do you? Numbers don't mean sh!t here. Have you ACTUALLY PLAYED on a console once? Have you experienced it? I don't think you have.

Also what the Fck is "So it's your feeling, ok. so it doesn't matter" for an argument?? If out of a 100 console players, 98 have that feeling, is that NOT a valid concern? No apparently, because the numbers say it's only a 17 ms difference, so their OPINIONS MUST BE WRONG.

What the hell is wrong with you PC players?

Also the whole "you have to buy new hardware with 0ms input lag on the monitor for like 3000$" is just plain stupid. No other game requires you to spend a fortune, just to rectify their poor A$$ balance choices. Ubisoft, get your head out of your A$$.

Darkmight_cz
07-06-2018, 08:50 AM
Is there anyone who plays on console and says that the difference is negligible? Because I only see the "the difference is only 17 ms, git gud"- argument from PC-Only users ONLY. You have no idea, what you are talking about, do you? Numbers don't mean sh!t here. Have you ACTUALLY PLAYED on a console once? Have you experienced it? I don't think you have.

Also what the Fck is "So it's your feeling, ok. so it doesn't matter" for an argument?? If out of a 100 console players, 98 have that feeling, is that NOT a valid concern? No apparently, because the numbers say it's only a 17 ms difference, so their OPINIONS MUST BE WRONG.

Also the whole "you have to buy new hardware with 0ms input lag on the monitor for like 3000$" is just plain stupid. No other game requires you to spend a fortune, just to rectify their poor A$$ balance choices. Ubisoft, get your head out of your A$$.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionRuby50g View Post
Well my friend has console and since I play on Xbox controller I wanted to try it. So I did. I have to say that i didn't experienced any differences on blocking or parry. Maybe its coz I'm use to it since on PC my average fps are slightly above 30 fps 😉 and that's what I am talking about. Tomorrow I will try turn off some details and I try to play on 60 fps but I really doubt It makes any difference at all. I mean 33ms? Really? 😁

Here you go 😂

Charmzzz
07-06-2018, 09:02 AM

I can turn this around: did Console Players play on PC so they KNOW it is THAT big of a difference? Did you?

What I am trying to do is analyze facts, not feelings and impressions. Fact is that 30 - 60 FPS is only a negligible difference in reaction time. Fact is that most Console Players use a normal TV to play which increases input lag ALOT. So I assume that their experience is lacking due to their TV, not the FPS difference.

DrinkinMehStella
07-06-2018, 09:16 AM
so numerous people on here have said that they have an easier time on pc reacting with blocking and parrying, so clearly that 17ms difference does help. At least its not just me who notices that PC is easier in general to react.

Charmzzz
07-06-2018, 09:19 AM
so numerous people on here have said that they have an easier time on pc reacting with blocking and parrying, so clearly that 17ms difference does help. At least its not just me who notices that PC is easier in general to react.

Could be the 17ms difference. More likely it is because they played on a Monitor on PC instead of a TV with their Console...

DrinkinMehStella
07-06-2018, 09:21 AM
I can turn this around: did Console Players play on PC so they KNOW it is THAT big of a difference? Did you?

What I am trying to do is analyze facts, not feelings and impressions. Fact is that 30 - 60 FPS is only a negligible difference in reaction time. Fact is that most Console Players use a normal TV to play which increases input lag ALOT. So I assume that their experience is lacking due to their TV, not the FPS difference.

stop going by what It says on paper, sometimes feeling and Impressions override paper. for example My car on paper goes 0-62 in 5.7secs but I recorded it doing it in 4.8secs so my point is your analytics are not accurate because thats a general figure which applies to a smallish percentage of PC vs Console but the majority clearly notices more difference on pc than your analytics say, and maybe that is a bit of FPS and a bit of input lag and maybe a bit of how your setup it, if the majority are affected and do not have pro setups then the game should be balanced separately to allow for this issues. Maybe you don't notice a difference but judging by others on here more people do notice a difference. I understand what your saying about its more likely console players TV causing input lag but that like 90% of console players so therefore the game should be balanced separately for that reason which is what this whole thread is about really.

Camemberto
07-06-2018, 09:42 AM

Yes, the TV does make a big difference in input lag, but is that news to a game developer? Because it shouldn't be.

These "facts" are utter BS and totally irrelevant here. If people have a consistently sh!t experience, the only thing that your "facts" prove, is that they are irrelevant to the problem at hand. Also here is another fact for you: 30fps vs 60fps makes a huge difference in animation fluidity, which plays a huge role in the brains perception of movement. You cannot deny that one.

You try playing the game at 15fps, by your definition, the difference would only be like 33 ms right? Or play the game at 5 fps, sure you would still be able to consistently parry any 400 ms attack, since given the attacks always start every 200ms (lag compensation, imagine time snap), you would always see it right when it started and have absolutely no disadvantage right? Do you see where this is going? Your "facts" are irrelevant.

ChampionRuby50g
07-06-2018, 09:42 AM
Did you read my explanation? It gives, at max, a 17ms advantage on 60 FPS compared to 30 FPS. That's literally IT.

Again:

30 FPS: every 33ms a Frame is drawn
60 FPS: every 16ms a Frame is drawn

Animations look smoother, sure. But if you just look at the indicators to block / parry then you will only have a 17ms advantage in the best case on PC. When you take a 500ms Attack the Console player would have 467ms left to react, the PC player 484ms (if the Attack timings were actually constant...).

Nope, because I was at work and just skimmed through all the posts and didnít take it all in. Cheers for the repeat explanation though.

So what I take from that is people only watching the indicators on PC still get a SLIGHT advantage.
My question is: do the indicators appear after the attack animation starts? Iíve been trying to see if thatís the case playing now but I keep forgetting to pay attention at the time lol. I swear I read somewhere that is the case. For example if I watch a raider stunning tap indicator, I struggle to land the Crushing Counter with Warden on it, but yesterday and today Iíve been paying more attention to the hero movements, and Iíve been landing CC on the stunning tap much more consistently. So that may be why myself and so many other players are convinced that console to PC difference is huge. With the amount of people saying there is a difference, and as someone even said some YouTubers who one would assume know what they are on about, i find it hard to believe the difference really is that small. Not saying that you are wrong, but all these experiences that say there is a huge difference between platforms I have some doubt.

Edit:
Charmzzz you said this ďI can turn this around: did Console Players play on PC so they KNOW it is THAT big of a difference? Did you?Ē

Iím a console player whose played both on TV and Monitor, and monitor clearly wins. But when Iíve had the experience on playing on a monitor then go to PC, i can still see the difference and react, block, parry easier. So is the 17ms difference making more of an impact than you think, or what could be the cause of this effect so many of us feel?

Charmzzz
07-06-2018, 09:50 AM
Yes, the TV does make a big difference in input lag, but is that news to a game developer? Because it shouldn't be.

These "facts" are utter BS and totally irrelevant here. If people have a consistently sh!t experience, the only thing that your "facts" prove, is that they are irrelevant to the problem at hand. Also here is another fact for you: 30fps vs 60fps makes a huge difference in animation fluidity, which plays a huge role in the brains perception of movement. You cannot deny that one.

You try playing the game at 15fps, by your definition, the difference would only be like 33 ms right? Or play the game at 10 frames per second, sure you would still be able to consistently parry any 400 ms attack, since given the attacks always start every 100ms (lag compensation), you would always see it right when it started and have absolutely no disadvantage right? Do you see where this is going? Your "facts" are irrelevant.

Calling facts "irrelevant" - are you serious? Claiming that feelings and impressions are what counts, not facts, is like, wait, Mr. Trump calling "Fake News" on global warming...

If people on Console have a sh!ttier experience then increasing FPS to 60 won't change that because it is more likely their home setup and NOT the frames. Do you get that?

Everyone knows that FPS below 25 result in stuttering. And no, there is no 100ms Time Frame anymore. And yes, the reaction time difference would be 33ms from 60 to 15 FPS. If you would only look at the indicators you would not feel that much of a difference. And no, you would not see the indicator immediately when the attack started, you show again that you really dont understand what I am explaining...

The worst case for 15 FPS would be an indicator showing 66ms later than the attack started.

Camemberto
07-06-2018, 10:04 AM
Calling facts "irrelevant" - are you serious? Claiming that feelings and impressions are what counts, not facts, is like, wait, Mr. Trump calling "Fake News" on global warming...

If people on Console have a sh!ttier experience then increasing FPS to 60 won't change that because it is more likely their home setup and NOT the frames. Do you get that?

Everyone knows that FPS below 25 result in stuttering. And no, there is no 100ms Time Frame anymore. And yes, the reaction time difference would be 33ms from 60 to 15 FPS. If you would only look at the indicators you would not feel that much of a difference. And no, you would not see the indicator immediately when the attack started, you show again that you really dont understand what I am explaining...

The worst case for 15 FPS would be an indicator showing 66ms later than the attack started.

So what you are saying is that even with SO many people complaining how bad the console version is balanced, you denounce their opinions as being wrong, because you have "facts"? So facts are more important in creating a good user experience than the users' feedback? Are you serious?

Noone is asking to have 60fps on a console. What we want is separate balance for the console to accomodate ANY effects, that might lead to lag, be it TV-lag, wireless connection, 30-60fps, you name it.

DrinkinMehStella
07-06-2018, 10:10 AM

can you please get off your high horse and at least be less biased, just accept that people experience a difference between pc and console and accept its a big enough difference to notice, rather than saying the facts are this, the statistics are this, the analytics are this. blah blah blah because like I explained before those so called facts are not for the majority of gamers they are for specific pro setups Everyone is telling you that they have played both console and pc and still notice a difference but you keep diverting away form what were saying and bring up Facts based on a minority. your not always right and its ok to accept that 9 out of 10 players notice a difference (you being the other 1)

and your also your figures like '15fps would show 66ms later' its so specific that that doesn't apply for 99% of players because everyone is different, my ms changes literally every second from 15ms, 33ms,22ms,45ms and so on. on pc its a lot less erratic and more consistent.

Charmzzz
07-06-2018, 10:55 AM
I just stop here. Discussing with people who don't understand FPS, input lag, latency and such is nonsense.

I give you a fact that will shut this "discussion" down: separate balance will never happen. Sorry.

Camemberto
07-06-2018, 11:12 AM
I just stop here. Discussing with people who don't understand FPS, input lag, latency and such is nonsense.

I give you a fact that will shut this "discussion" down: separate balance will never happen. Sorry.

Discussing with you is indeed quite useless, since you don't seem to grasp the concept of personal opinions, let alone feelings. If 98% of people complain, there is something wrong with it. There is no discussion to be had about IF our concerns are REAL, but HOW they are to be alleviated. If you are not going to contribute to that part of the discussion, then get out.

Also the decision on whether or not there will be separate balance is absolutely not yours to make. You are behaving like some grumpy old man who refuses any change, even if it won't even affect him in any way. You keep playing on your SUPERIOR SUPER MACHINE and keep quiet about problems, that are not yours to discuss.

ChampionRuby50g
07-06-2018, 11:33 AM
Ok, so I give what I think to be a polite and reasonable reply, with the backing of many, many players (not backing my comment, but the idea behind it) and you simply dismiss it as nonsense?

I recall you briefly saying in the past you worked in IT. Do all of us have to work in IT to understand the ins and outs of it, do we all have the time to research this as thouroughly as you have, and isnít the point of a forum to discuss with other people and help them understand or reach a common ground? But you just dismiss it as nonsense.

Did many people say that servers where never going to come at games release? But here they are. Many said that reworks would never happen, and itís was rumoured for months before been confirmed. Ubisoft probably wonít at this stage, but who are you to say that it will never happen, with all the changes that have already happened.

Every day you show more of what you are really like as a person. And itís not good.

DrinkinMehStella
07-06-2018, 11:38 AM

no one is disputing the definition of FPS, input etc but your not understanding that what is on paper and what people actually experience are two completely different things, if you have superior setup on console and PC to the point where its exactly the same then good for you but at least 90%+ do not have such setups and of course ubi will not balance it separately but this is a forum to discuss issues so its worth the devs taking note whether they do it or not.

Your not a very likeable person, you let your ego and stubborness take over and you treat others like crap because their opinion on experience and feelings doesn't match your technical specs. Every time someone says gladiator is to strong or PK is too quick you have to come back with season 4 or 5 % lol not everything has to be referred to the 1% of pro players, a lot of players struggle with things you clearly don't and thats where you have to be on the middle of the fence rather that be on the defence because everyone is different, man no one should be giving you advice on how to be civil in a social enviroment.

Discussing with you is indeed quite useless, since you don't seem to grasp the concept of personal opinions, let alone feelings. If 98% of people complain, there is something wrong with it. There is no discussion to be had about IF our concerns are REAL, but HOW they are to be alleviated. If you are not going to contribute to that part of the discussion, then get out.

Also the decision on whether or not there will be separate balance is absolutely not yours to make. You are behaving like some grumpy old man who refuses any change, even it won't even affect him in any way. You keep playing on your SUPERIOR SUPER MACHINE and keep quiet about problems, that are not yours to discuss.

exactly this ^^^^

Darkmight_cz
07-06-2018, 12:38 PM

I second that

Let me put it this way and also this is my last response for this useless topic. If you want to balance consoles ruining on 30fps then I want balance on PC also. I currently play on PC and my average fps is slightly above 30. So I want also balance changes for all PC players depending on how much fps they are playing 😉 Do you finally see how stupid and unrealistic this is?

DrinkinMehStella
07-06-2018, 12:53 PM
I second that

Let me put it this way and also this is my last response for this useless topic. If you want to balance consoles ruining on 30fps then I want balance on PC also. I currently play on PC and my average fps is slightly above 30. So I want also balance changes for all PC players depending on how much fps they are playing �� Do you finally see how stipid and unrealistic this is?

whats stupid and unrealistic? There was a lot of thing people said ubi will never do like dedicated server, new gamemodes etc I think they should balance the game for PC as well but just separate to console. This is not a useless topic because there has been so many discussions about this before, your fairly new to these boards so you won't know but this is a common topic and with Ubisoft the more you go on and discuss an issue the more chance they will look into it.

Darkmight_cz
07-06-2018, 01:01 PM
whats stupid and unrealistic? There was a lot of thing people said ubi will never do like dedicated server, new gamemodes etc I think they should balance the game for PC as well but just separate to console. This is not a useless topic because there has been so many discussions about this before, your fairly new to these boards so you won't know but this is a common topic and with Ubisoft the more you go on and discuss an issue the more chance they will look into it.

OK you don't get my point man its unrealistic to balance game depending on how much fps you has in game. I have average 30fps on PC but another guy have let's say 38 average fps you want for him also different balance of the game? That is really unrealistic. Ubi already said separate balance will never happen. And btw I'm in this game since closed beta that's just because you said I'm fairly new 😂

ChampionRuby50g
07-06-2018, 01:05 PM
I second that

Let me put it this way and also this is my last response for this useless topic. If you want to balance consoles ruining on 30fps then I want balance on PC also. I currently play on PC and my average fps is slightly above 30. So I want also balance changes for all PC players depending on how much fps they are playing 😉 Do you finally see how stupid and unrealistic this is?

You do realise that almost EVERYTHING in this game is balanced around PC? What do you mean you want balance for PC, is the majority of balance you receive not good enough for you?

Too quote the elitists ďif your PC runs on 30fps you need a hardware upgrade, get good donít complain if you have inferior hardware 😂😂👌💦😉Ē

PC can easily run 60fps. The thing is, so can consoles. So why isnít it a thing? Thatís what we are asking.

Edit: Stella also said that you are new to these forum boards, never mentioned anything about you been new to the game. Learn to read posts properly before commenting what you think is a fact.

Camemberto
07-06-2018, 01:09 PM
I second that

Let me put it this way and also this is my last response for this useless topic. If you want to balance consoles ruining on 30fps then I want balance on PC also. I currently play on PC and my average fps is slightly above 30. So I want also balance changes for all PC players depending on how much fps they are playing �� Do you finally see how stupid and unrealistic this is?

Do you guys realize that the ONLY reason why the console version of this game is so inferior, is because Ubisoft decided to balance everything around reaction time? The ONE field where the two versions differ the most from one another. THAT was stupid.

One could have achieved balance in a way that would not screw either one version eternally...

Here's the problem: Defense was/is too powerful, so what they did, was make it less accessible by making the timing shorter, thereby breaking the console version, because the timing is too short/humanly impossible. Adjusting it for the console would however break the PC version, because the timing would be too long/easy. That's the dilemma we're in right now.

They could have kept the defense as accessible as before and made it less powerful overall. Another huge parry nerf as well as several nerfs to normal blocking to make it less viable would have done the job equally for both versions. We wouldn't even be having this discussion right now, had Ubisoft not yet again proven how incompetent they are in terms of listening to feedback and balancing a game.

Darkmight_cz
07-06-2018, 01:26 PM
You do realise that almost EVERYTHING in this game is balanced around PC? What do you mean you want balance for PC, is the majority of balance you receive not good enough for you?

Too quote the elitists ďif your PC runs on 30fps you need a hardware upgrade, get good donít complain if you have inferior hardware 😂😂👌💦😉Ē

PC can easily run 60fps. The thing is, so can consoles. So why isnít it a thing? Thatís what we are asking.

Edit: Stella also said that you are new to these forum boards, never mentioned anything about you been new to the game. Learn to read posts properly before commenting what you think is a fact.

Your post I useless what I mean is when console players complaining about having 30 fps I will be complaining that I have 30 fps also since some folks has 100fps. And I'm in disadvantage 33ms lol.

Too quote the elitists ďif your PC runs on 30fps you need a hardware upgrade, get good donít complain if you have inferior hardware
Its same for console players you think PC version is better? Buy PC and play on PC so again this argument is useless.
Besides
I don't want to buy new HW why should I? I bought game for same prize as guys with PC for 2000 dollars so i want same experience as they have. That's cool to have different balance for consoles. But fck PC players with different PC spec and different FPS? That's why I told you its unrealistic.

Devils-_-legacy
07-06-2018, 01:36 PM
PC can easily run 60fps. The thing is, so can consoles. So why isnít it a thing? Thatís what we are asking .

Im glad someone said this tbf.
I've always wondered why they locked it to 30 fps? I always thought it was a stupid move from ubi

HazelrahFirefly
07-06-2018, 01:36 PM
^
The difference is that it's always been that way for PC. They have always been different from one another and upgrading is literally a part of the PC experience. You actually have the LIBERTY to upgrade.

Consoles players do not. The systems are hardlocked into their specs, and separate balance only makes sense.

I know the devs stated they won't ever do this, but it's either for misguided reasons, laziness, or a minimal team supporting a AAA title.

ChampionRuby50g
07-06-2018, 01:57 PM
Your post I useless what I mean is when console players complaining about having 30 fps I will be complaining that I have 30 fps also since some folks has 100fps. And I'm in disadvantage 33ms lol.

Too quote the elitists ďif your PC runs on 30fps you need a hardware upgrade, get good donít complain if you have inferior hardware
Its same for console players you think PC version is better? Buy PC and play on PC so again this argument is useless.
Besides
I don't want to buy new HW why should I? I bought game for same prize as guys with PC for 2000 dollars so i want same experience as they have. That's cool to have different balance for consoles. But fck PC players with different PC spec and different FPS? That's why I told you its unrealistic.

But thatís your choice to help at the disadvantage. You can easily upgrade your pc to run at 60fps and give yourself the level playing field. Xbox and PS4 can both run at 60fps, but the devs decided to kick it at 30. We donít have a choice to go to 60fps even though we can.

Itís not a useless argument, because we already have hardware that can run at 60fps, but we canít because the game wonít allow it. You have hardware that can run at 60fps, but you donít want to make that change and you get stuck with 30fps. Thatís the difference you arenít seeing. Why should console players have to spend housands of dollars to get a rig that runs at 60fps when we already own a platform that can do that?

You want the same experience off the expensive PCs? Well thatís on you for not paying that money, and Ubisoft shouldnít even think of changing it just because you donít want to upgrade. Console players donít need to upgrade. Do you understand that yet?

Itís not a blast to you because you donít want to spend the money to upgrade, and Ubisoft shouldnít balance it around pc players who donít upgrade to 60fps, because you can upgrade whenever you want. We donít need to upgrade because our hardware already supports it. So no, itís not unrealistic. Itís only unrealistic for you because you donít seem like you want to upgrade your own frames, and expect Ubi to do it for you.

DrinkinMehStella
07-06-2018, 02:17 PM
OK you don't get my point man its unrealistic to balance game depending on how much fps you has in game. I have average 30fps on PC but another guy have let's say 38 average fps you want for him also different balance of the game? That is really unrealistic. Ubi already said separate balance will never happen. And btw I'm in this game since closed beta that's just because you said I'm fairly new ��

to the forum your new I meant. Nono were not asking to balance based on fps, basically if attacks are coming out too quick on console because of latency or input lag etc then to balance the game on console just means rather than 400ms lights make its 450ms or 500ms to allow for any delays.

Darkmight_cz
07-06-2018, 02:30 PM
But thatís your choice to help at the disadvantage. You can easily upgrade your pc to run at 60fps and give yourself the level playing field. Xbox and PS4 can both run at 60fps, but the devs decided to kick it at 30. We donít have a choice to go to 60fps even though we can.

Itís not a useless argument, because we already have hardware that can run at 60fps, but we canít because the game wonít allow it. You have hardware that can run at 60fps, but you donít want to make that change and you get stuck with 30fps. Thatís the difference you arenít seeing. Why should console players have to spend housands of dollars to get a rig that runs at 60fps when we already own a platform that can do that?

You want the same experience off the expensive PCs? Well thatís on you for not paying that money, and Ubisoft shouldnít even think of changing it just because you donít want to upgrade. Console players donít need to upgrade. Do you understand that yet?

Itís not a blast to you because you donít want to spend the money to upgrade, and Ubisoft shouldnít balance it around pc players who donít upgrade to 60fps, because you can upgrade whenever you want. We donít need to upgrade because our hardware already supports it. So no, itís not unrealistic. Itís only unrealistic for you because you donít seem like you want to upgrade your own frames, and expect Ubi to do it for you.

So guys don't ask ubi for different balancing because its not gonna happen but force them to have 60fps on consoles.... Problem solved.

Btw I dont expect Ubi to do it for me. I am just saying that different balancing is bad idea coz if ubi do that there are many PC players who can demanding same thing. Rather then that allowing 60fps can solve the problem without any doubts 😉 but not different balancing

DrinkinMehStella
07-06-2018, 02:30 PM
so this discussion has been constructive and I don't think its nonsense and what we need is a ubi moderator to please give a response on what they think and whether its something that could happen. CALLING MODS.

ChampionRuby50g
07-06-2018, 02:37 PM
So guys don't call for different balancing because its not gonna happen but call for ubi to have 60fps on consoles.... Problem solved 😉

Which, if you had been paying attention and been around the forums for longer, thatís exactly what the community has been doing. Calling for Ubi to either get 60fps on console, or balance it differently.

See, this is the common ground we can meet at, even if we start and remain at different sides of the argument. Itís not nonsense as Charmzzz said, itís civil people trying to work together to get a game we all love to improve and have everyone enjoy an equal experience. But more often than not the ego outshines this...

The_B0G_
07-06-2018, 02:49 PM
I think people attribute too much of the input delay on consoles to the 30 FPS difference, does it make a difference? Yes, but does it make a big difference by itself? No it doesn't.

It's only when the combined wireless controller, slower monitors/tvs and the 30 FPS together than make the noticeable difference.

The bottom line is that enough people I personally know and others I have talked to that went from console to PC all agree, every single one of them, that on PC it's much easier to react and defend against fast attacks, attacks that they can barely block on console, they can parry on PC.

One of my friends started streaming while playing on ps4, she started getting a lot of viewers so after playing ps4 for 4-5 months on FH she got a gaming PC, she comes back to console every now and again and complains about the light spam and how much harder it is to defend on console.

I personally think there should be different balances on the different platforms. I don't think it's too much to ask. Especially since the game is currently being balanced for the weakest of all 3 player bases...

DFQN1
07-06-2018, 03:09 PM
Im glad someone said this tbf.
I've always wondered why they locked it to 30 fps? I always thought it was a stupid move from ubi

Because water and light effects are more important than proper balancing

Charmzzz
07-06-2018, 03:11 PM
Iirc there were statements from Ubi Devs last year where they said that different balance and 60 FPS for Console is not gonna happen. That's why I said "Sorry, not gonna happen." I am really sorry for you, that's not meant mean or something. But I can understand that they don't have the manpower to double the balance-team, because that is what they would have to do. And 60 FPS on Console is not possible due to some things with their engine I think. Or Animations. Something in the tech it was.

All I am trying to do here is to get the "30 FPS no chance" idea out of your head. Upgrade your TV / Monitor. Wire your Console and Controller. That's the best you can do to improve your input lag by a good amount. Even a larger amount than 30 FPS more could ever do.

DrinkinMehStella
07-06-2018, 04:08 PM
Iirc there were statements from Ubi Devs last year where they said that different balance and 60 FPS for Console is not gonna happen. That's why I said "Sorry, not gonna happen." I am really sorry for you, that's not meant mean or something. But I can understand that they don't have the manpower to double the balance-team, because that is what they would have to do. And 60 FPS on Console is not possible due to some things with their engine I think. Or Animations. Something in the tech it was.

All I am trying to do here is to get the "30 FPS no chance" idea out of your head. Upgrade your TV / Monitor. Wire your Console and Controller. That's the best you can do to improve your input lag by a good amount. Even a larger amount than 30 FPS more could ever do.

trust me we get your point and understand what your saying but before you basically told us to not try and that were wrong in our "feelings" we tried hard fro dedicated servers and it happened, we tried for a siege mode and its happened we cried for new heroes and they gave us a new faction, ubi listen and if balence on console is a big problem which clearly it is then im sure they might consider it. All they need to do it get the console development team if there is one to adjust the heroes light output speed to rather than 400ms maybe to 450ms or 500ms what ever is easier to react to, thats the most realistic thing they can do.

The_B0G_
07-06-2018, 07:40 PM
trust me we get your point and understand what your saying but before you basically told us to not try and that were wrong in our "feelings" we tried hard fro dedicated servers and it happened, we tried for a siege mode and its happened we cried for new heroes and they gave us a new faction, ubi listen and if balence on console is a big problem which clearly it is then im sure they might consider it. All they need to do it get the console development team if there is one to adjust the heroes light output speed to rather than 400ms maybe to 450ms or 500ms what ever is easier to react to, thats the most realistic thing they can do.

Agreed, it wouldn't be massive changes, just to the point where we can actually react and defend against 400 ms attacks, other attacks can all stay where they're at, I think 500 ms attack for console are fast enough, even 450 ms or 475 ms would be hard to react to, especially the way Orochi spams them out. That's all the console player base is wanting, I really don't think it's too much to ask for.

I don't understand why PC players even argue against it, it doesn't affect them in the least.

ChampionRuby50g
07-06-2018, 10:59 PM
I don't understand why PC players even argue against it, it doesn't affect them in the least.

Itís because the need, to be the best at everything and hate the idea that some consoles like the Xbox One X may be better than their 2grand rig, not all are like this obviously, but many let it shine.

ChampionRuby50g
07-06-2018, 11:06 PM
Btw I dont expect Ubi to do it for me. I am just saying that different balancing is bad idea coz if ubi do that there are many PC players who can demanding same thing. Rather then that allowing 60fps can solve the problem without any doubts 😉 but not different balancing

ďIts same for console players you think PC version is better? Buy PC and play on PC so again this argument is useless.
Besides
I don't want to buy new HW why should I? I bought game for same prize as guys with PC for 2000 dollars so i want same experience as they haveĒ

ď If you want to balance consoles ruining on 30fps then I want balance on PC also. I currently play on PC and my average fps is slightly above 30. So I want also balance changes for all PC players depending on how much fps they are playingĒ

Mate thatís exactly what you said. You bought the same game as someone with a better PC but are upset you donít have the same experience. So spend a little more and you will. I donít need to spend anymore because my console, Xbox One x, can run 4K and 60fps without breaking a sweat.

PolishRifle81
07-07-2018, 03:58 AM
I am so glad I bought a 1 MS monitor and a Ps4 pro to play at 30 fps.

Erhanninja
07-08-2018, 12:29 AM
What is ďBalanceĒ? Never heard of it

Vordred
07-08-2018, 01:00 AM
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjj-J3dl47cAhUJUlAKHanPCx0QjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Fgifs%2Fcomm ents%2F4x7lp1%2Fin_case_you_dont_understand_fps_fr ames_per_second%2F&psig=AOvVaw221FYnBENY5LEqni6HD37h&ust=1531093793738542http://i.imgur.com/WleUBGG.gif

it's not so much about the MS difference which is indeed very small, but the lower the frame rate, the more visually the object lags behind where it really is. making timing judgements more difficult.
to further compound this, the smoother the image, the easier it is for your eyes to track that object.

there are also plenty of studies floating around of test on people performance and FPS, and as the FPS goes up as does people performance (to a point of course)

ChampionRuby50g
07-08-2018, 01:05 AM
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjj-J3dl47cAhUJUlAKHanPCx0QjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Fgifs%2Fcomm ents%2F4x7lp1%2Fin_case_you_dont_understand_fps_fr ames_per_second%2F&psig=AOvVaw221FYnBENY5LEqni6HD37h&ust=1531093793738542http://i.imgur.com/WleUBGG.gif

it's not so much about the MS difference which is indeed very small, but the lower the frame rate, the more visually the object lags behind where it really is. making timing judgements more difficult.
to further compound this, the smoother the image, the easier it is for your eyes to track that object.

there are also plenty of studies floating around of test on people performance and FPS, and as the FPS goes up as does people performance (to a point of course)

Nice gif youíve shared. The 60fps at the top moving across looks much smoother and runs across the screen easily. The 30fps looks blurry to me and I can notice itís stuttering a lot more. 15fps is just gross.

You can totally see how this would make a difference in a game like FH, when everything you see counts.

Erhanninja
07-08-2018, 06:54 AM
I donít even need the stats. I tried FH on my 15 old computer. It was still easier to play. You can easily tell everything is much smoother (watching YouTubers). I can react to light spam much easier on PC. On the console good luck. Itís not even about graphs FPS etc. Itís mouse vs stick.