PDA

View Full Version : Live Xtreme Series Episode 1 Steam Achievement Missing

RFSQ.Dryminator
07-03-2018, 08:45 PM
Hi,

Any idea how I could redo the Episode 1 of Live Xtreme Series to get the achievement? To note, I have not done any of the other episodes yet (I am Icon 122).

https://i.imgur.com/iD8ElA0.png

Thanks,
Dryminator

ubi--unicorn
07-03-2018, 09:43 PM
Hey Dryminator, which achievement are you trying to get?

RFSQ.Dryminator
07-03-2018, 10:34 PM
Hey Dryminator, which achievement are you trying to get?

The one that is greyed out on the right side (greyed out on the right side means I have not achieved it yet). Achievement is called "Welcome to MotorNation". I have been playing it since the 26th (Gold Edition Pre-Order early access).

Ubi-Baron
07-04-2018, 10:34 AM
Is it just the one that you're having issues with? I can see you've gotten others, but are there any different ones that didn't unlock?

Unfortunately I'm not sure if it's possible to replay the series, do any of the events still show on the map?

RFSQ.Dryminator
07-04-2018, 12:09 PM
This is the only one that I cannot do in any way. Have not had any issues with any other ones.
As this is the only mission that you play with vehicles in the very very beginning of the game before you get your first vehicle. The one that starts with the Porsche GT3RS (the one in the forum's background), then is the boat part, then flying. In the Activities section in main menu and in the map, only episodes 2, 3, 4, 5 are available, first one is not. Maybe make it an option to redo the first one?

I know achievement not unlocking is a minor issue, but some of us want to 100% this game.

PS! Also, 64% of all The Crew 2 steam players receiving the achievement for competing the tutorial of the game is pretty bad. 36% of people are therefore missing it (of course it also counts in players who have never played the game I think)

Ubi-Baron
07-04-2018, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

I can pass that on, but for the moment you could try verifying the game files through the steps here (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335) and then fully restarting the Steam client.

It does indeed count games that have never been played, which can be the cause for lower than expected numbers on some achievements.

RFSQ.Dryminator
07-04-2018, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

I can pass that on, but for the moment you could try verifying the game files through the steps here (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335) and then fully restarting the Steam client.

It does indeed count games that have never been played, which can be the cause for lower than expected numbers on some achievements.

Hi,

Verification did not help here. I have been playing the game for over a week now, the computer has been shut down and restarted many many times in the interim, so restarting Steam is already done.

I don't believe The Crew 2 has any written in code to check for achievement triggers. Some games have the option to retroactively trigger achievements. For example is a game releases in early access, but without Steam achievements. You play the game and then when the developer includes achievements in the game, they will code in a feature that will check for all the trigger points in the game file. Achievements are activated, you turn the game on and BOOM, hello bazillion of achievements. But this kind of a solution requires further development and this would probably be a very slow answer to this.

But yeah, I doubt the achievement will unlock itself, the trigger for it is to finish the intro mission and there is no way to redo it. I finished my intro mission on 26.06.2018 around 08:30-08:40 AM GMT+3.

The earliest achievement that I have unlocked which I can find is this: The Collector (Own 30 different vehicles) - Unlocked 26 Jun @ 8:49am
If I remember correctly, this occured when I had picked my first free car and got access to my HQ, so it unlocked all the vehicles from reward system, deluxe edition, gold edition and pre-order onto my account.

For more info, here is my Steam profile with The Crew 2 achievements: https://steamcommunity.com/id/dryminator/stats/646910/?tab=achievements

stickdeath1980
07-05-2018, 05:13 AM
i'm on the same boat started 26th as well

RFSQ.Dryminator
07-07-2018, 01:38 PM
@Ubi-Holz @ubi--unicorn

Did you manage to get the information required for the investigation now or is anything else needed?