PDA

View Full Version : Discrimination?

KingBaldwinV
07-03-2018, 01:46 PM
So the game has factions from all major cultures. Europeans, TWO asians.

Where is the arabic faction? What is the reason why a culture with such rich history is excluded, located between Europe and Asia?

You can fight as a samurai against a black viking, but you cant choose an egyptian, persian or ottoman warriors that conquered half of the world for a millenia.

So why isnt there an arabic/muslim faction?

Mia.Nora
07-03-2018, 01:54 PM
Absence of <X> does not translate into discrimination. Following your logic For Honor is discriminative against; Mongolian, Russian, Polynesian, African, Incan, Aztec, Indian, Spanish (yes Spanish, their design of weapon and armor is very distinctive and different than the ones in For Honor which is more inline with Frank, Teutonic, British style)

That list would keep going longer, but I guess you got my point?

Halvtand
07-03-2018, 02:02 PM
Not to mention that the factions portrayed are not historically accurate in any way which can also be seen as a form of discrimination.

Just keep your pants on. we're getting a new faction, which opens up the possibility for more factions in the future. Perhaps an arabic faction is next in line? It has been suggested a few times.

I-ModernSpartan
07-03-2018, 02:06 PM
Bro why do you think this way?
As the guy who wrote the previous comment said, we dont have many factions.
Ubi made a good job and brought us 3 factions and is going to release a new one.
We don't have aicent Greece and not even a Roman faction (cent and glad in the knights faction doesn't count).
Its not that Ubi has many factions ready and they can realse a faction whenever they want.
Think about how difficult and complicated it is to create just one character... and you are asking for a few factions.

KingBaldwinV
07-03-2018, 02:14 PM
i got your point, but you seem to ignore or refuse to fully understand mine.

maybe except mongolians (that is actually also connected to chinese faction) all those countries shared similar cultures and historical impact. mesoamerican civilizations are already covered with shaman. greeks are similar to romans.

middle east had a very important historical role in time period if not the most, they were HUGE. yet there isnt a single muslim hero. that is my point.

KingBaldwinV
07-03-2018, 02:21 PM
centurion and gladiator dont count? lol thats two heros for one civilization, its more than enough. also the coolest ones

Halvtand
07-03-2018, 02:32 PM
mesoamerican civilizations are already covered with shaman. greeks are similar to romans.

Excuse you, but no. Shaman is very much a viking even though her design is awful. Greeks are similar to Romans in the same way arabs are similar to Scandinavians, if you know your history well enough you'll understand.
We understand your point perfectly and I agree that an arabic faction would be pretty great, but so would an African or American one. In reality the muslims were pretty much on top of the world during the timespan we have in this game (unless you also count the romans). But here's the thing, this is a fantasy game. This is not a historically accurate game. For all we know there is no such thing as an arab-equivalent in the world of For Honor. Nor Africa, nor America. The only thing we can do is argue that a faction would fit into the world and put forth good reasons why. Crying discrimination and demanding it will only have the opposite effect.

DrinkinMehStella
07-03-2018, 02:37 PM
we cant have 100s of factions so unfortunately some will get hurt that they don't have their choice of faction in the game, I too would like to see Persian or Egyptian etc but i'm not offended because they don't have it. also ubi accept any suggestions and may in future release new factions so be sure to post your ideas.

KingBaldwinV
07-03-2018, 02:44 PM
lol we both know hats ******** and muslims arent included because of the negative popularity thanks to media and world affairs, also possibly that game makers are christians and dont like muslims.

chinese are included because of the $$, huge market share.

thats the real truth, no need for hypocrisy.

Baturai
07-03-2018, 03:06 PM
lol we both know hats ******** and muslims arent included because of the negative popularity thanks to media and world affairs, also possibly that game makers are christians and dont like muslims.

Agree with you 100%. I have made numerous constructive Threads about this. Devs seem not to give a damn about it. look at Turkish made Game Mount And Blade , you can see how every Culture is represented kindly, as detailed as Possible. When it comes to european benefit motivated game like for honor. All you get to experience is how self centred it is . cant wait mount and blade 2 release.. we just have to accept that we dont fit in their World. İ have no high expectations from For honor in this regard anymore.. İts makers are Sons of colonists... which have prooved several times what intentions they had towards other Cultures throughout the History.. they left their homes for Gold.. and wealth. i am not suprised. ill probly be banned again. But i so dont give a damn.

Mia.Nora
07-03-2018, 03:09 PM
i got your point, but you seem to ignore or refuse to fully understand mine.

maybe except mongolians (that is actually also connected to chinese faction) all those countries shared similar cultures and historical impact. mesoamerican civilizations are already covered with shaman. greeks are similar to romans.

middle east had a very important historical role in time period if not the most, they were HUGE. yet there isnt a single muslim hero. that is my point.

Your answer is way worse discrimination than your offended claims. Saying that Mongolian is included in Chinese shows how ignorant you are. I wont even get into how different Inca, Aztec and Indian from each other let alone saying shaman covers them. Also in your OP post you imply a dark Viking covers African / Zulu / Polynesian warriors too.

Vakris_One
07-03-2018, 03:14 PM
I love how the OP used the word "discrimination" without knowing what that means in the context of his argument. But to top it off he discriminates against:
1) Asians - as if they are lesser than Arabic cultures

2) Mongolians - basically calling them Chinese

3) Greeks and Romans - saying they are the same thing.

4) Christians - implying that the devs are racist against Muslims because they might be of the Christian faith.

I mean damn. That's a lot of cultural ignorance to put into one thread.

@OP, here's the simple truth of how the devs decide which culture to add. They look at the weapons first. On this occassion a certain culture had unique historical weapons that caught the devs' interest. That's it. Chill your beans and stop taking offense because your favourite culture isn't in the game. Lots of cultures aren't represented in the game. Deal with it.

DrinkinMehStella
07-03-2018, 03:28 PM

your making an issue out of nothing, there is no conspiracy or discrimination going on, stop looking for trouble and just accept the game is what it is. Wars and racism is created by people like you, twisting and bending an innocent thing and turning it into hate.

Hormly
07-03-2018, 03:36 PM
Do people these days ever get tired of being offended?

Fairemont
07-03-2018, 03:37 PM
"Someone didn't include Muslims so they must be discriminating!" Omission does not mean discrimination. There are time constraints and various reasons to include or not include certain character types.

You'll survive, just like the rest of us who wish we would see certain things make appearances in the game will survive.

KingBaldwinV
07-03-2018, 03:53 PM
funny arguments, but that was expected

1).Where did i say they are lesser? Actually the contrary must be true because they are being added and not arabs. Eventhough the game ALREADY has one major asian race.

2).They were located in asia, that makes them asian doesnt it? It doesnt have to be chinese.

3). Greeks were under the rule of roman empire. Roman military was inspired by spartan warriors and even their mythology was converted by the Greek. So without a doubt, they are very similar so its fair. Not to mention both share European cultures.

4). Thats a possibility. If you actually knew anything about history of mankind you would know the never ending hostility between both cultures.

Ah the weapons. Where should i start? Almost every piece of equipment was unique in eastern military, from their chainmail armor/helmet to curved swords. Look up how a Catapracht looks like. If you are gonna argue that its a cavalry unit, so were the knights. Yet they fight like a foot soldier in games so thats no argument.

*Illustration isnt the most accurate, looks like an asian depiction, warrior has no beard, sword isnt curved etc but you get the idea of a possible look.

https://image.ibb.co/eu9f1d/bdo_cataphract_musa_costume_weapon_4.jpg (https://ibb.co/kLxpuy)

Arekonator
07-03-2018, 03:55 PM
Developers from western cultural background made game focused mostly around western culture? Damn, thats racist!

CandleInTheDark
07-03-2018, 03:56 PM

Agree with you 100%. I have made numerous constructive Threads about this. Devs seem not to give a damn about it. look at Turkish made Game Mount And Blade , you can see how every Culture is represented kindly, as detailed as Possible. When it comes to european benefit motivated game like for honor. All you get to experience is how self centred it is . cant wait mount and blade 2 release.. we just have to accept that we dont fit in their World. İ have no high expectations from For honor in this regard anymore.. İts makers are Sons of colonists... which have prooved several times what intentions they had towards other Cultures throughout the History.. they left their homes for Gold.. and wealth. i am not suprised. ill probly be banned again. But i so dont give a damn.

(emphasis mine)

Do either of you have any idea how incredibly racist you sound while essentially accusing the devs of being racist?

psyminion
07-03-2018, 04:01 PM
(emphasis mine)

Do either of you have any idea how incredibly racist you sound while essentially accusing the devs of being racist?

if only the SJWs could realize irony...

but they can't as they are delusional.

at least that has been my experience...

KingBaldwinV
07-03-2018, 04:01 PM
an actual ottoman armor in a museum

https://image.ibb.co/m1OyMd/ottoman_armor.jpg (https://ibb.co/gGtLZy)

DrinkinMehStella
07-03-2018, 04:10 PM
will a moderator close this trolling thread now as you cant be for real.

KingBaldwinV
07-03-2018, 04:10 PM
if it was that innocent, oriental / arabic / muslim warriors would be added into the game instead of SECOND asian faction.

why chinese? they are so similar to japanese.

KingBaldwinV
07-03-2018, 04:12 PM
give me one reason that is nothing to do with racism, of why they are adding a new faction that is so similar to existing one instead of something entirely unique like arabs.

im just asking a question

Arekonator
07-03-2018, 04:14 PM
You said it yourself, chinese market is much more profitable to aim for. No racism, just bussines.

KingBaldwinV
07-03-2018, 04:27 PM
or maybe adding muslims isnt profitable because of the customers racism against them

Fairemont
07-03-2018, 04:33 PM
funny arguments, but that was expected

1).Where did i say they are lesser? Actually the contrary must be true because they are being added and not arabs. Eventhough the game ALREADY has one major asian race.

2).They were located in asia, that makes them asian doesnt it? It doesnt have to be chinese.

3). Greeks were under the rule of roman empire. Roman military was inspired by spartan warriors and even their mythology was converted by the Greek. So without a doubt, they are very similar so its fair. Not to mention both share European cultures.

4). Thats a possibility. If you actually knew anything about history of mankind you would know the never ending hostility between both cultures.

Ah the weapons. Where should i start? Almost every piece of equipment was unique in eastern military, from their chainmail armor/helmet to curved swords. Look up how a Catapracht looks like. If you are gonna argue that its a cavalry unit, so were the knights. Yet they fight like a foot soldier in games so thats no argument.

*Illustration isnt the most accurate, looks like an asian depiction, warrior has no beard, sword isnt curved etc but you get the idea of a possible look.

https://image.ibb.co/eu9f1d/bdo_cataphract_musa_costume_weapon_4.jpg (https://ibb.co/kLxpuy)

Sorry to break this to you, buddy, but the middle east is part of Asia, so your logic indicates that we should not get a middle eastern culture, but maybe an American and African.

Despite Romans pirating a few aspects of their culture from the early Greeks, whom they lorded over for a while, they were VERY different cultures. Calling them the same is like calling the Japanese and Chinese the same, and we know neither of those two peoples wants to hear that.

Also, is that a picture of the Tiandi? This is a joke, right?

Vakris_One
07-03-2018, 04:39 PM
(emphasis mine)

The irony is; no they do not.

Mia.Nora
07-03-2018, 04:40 PM
if it was that innocent, oriental / arabic / muslim warriors would be added into the game instead of SECOND asian faction.

why chinese? they are so similar to japanese.

If you can't tell how discriminating and racist this is, then you definitely do not deserved to be taken seriously over the topic of discrimination at all.

Arekonator
07-03-2018, 04:43 PM
or maybe adding muslims isnt profitable because of the customers racism against them

Thats just your assumption.
BTW: if we want to throw acustations of racism around, you stating japanese and chinese are incredibly similar is incredibly racist and in general would be considered serious offense.

Hormly
07-03-2018, 04:46 PM
give me one reason that is nothing to do with racism, of why they are adding a new faction that is so similar to existing one instead of something entirely unique like arabs.

im just asking a question

Shifting the burden of proof. The cause is not assumed to be racism until one of us convince you it isn't. You think it's racist, then it is your burden to argue it.

Knight_Raime
07-03-2018, 04:57 PM
-Posts about discrimination-
-slaps 2 different and diverse cultures under one banner-
:thinking:

Arekonator
07-03-2018, 05:10 PM
-Posts about discrimination-
-slaps 2 different and diverse cultures under one banner-
:thinking:

Its almost like it is just bad bait.

Halvtand
07-03-2018, 05:12 PM
http://img.techpowerup.org/090421/Do-not-feed-the-troll.png

Baturai
07-03-2018, 05:21 PM
When The vast Majority of Player base think its totally o.k To call "Deus Vult" and use The Game as a Tool ..
its For Honors fault who made it Possible For them...

and i find this Thread 100% accurate its Pure Discrimination Towards Other Cultures and Beliefs...

If thats the Case, give us Muslim Warriors...Allahuakbar !

FredEx919
07-03-2018, 05:23 PM
Hey everyone, we're going to close this thread up to avoid it getting out of control. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the topic at hand.