PDA

View Full Version : Firmware for dvd rom drive

T_raider69
02-10-2005, 06:33 AM
I have read the posts about installing firmware onto a floppy. Could someone please help me with the steps so that I can do a firmware upgrade on our dvd rom drive. We have a Sony DDU 1621 series dvd rom drive. I have been trying to install Myst Revelation onto our hard drive with no luck. The error message that is coming up is:
Feature Transfer Error
Feature: ***IS_String_Not_Defined***
Component: English manual files
File E:\common\support\manual\english\manual.pdf
Error: Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy check)

Same 1st 2 lines then Common game video files
E:\common\data\video_2.m4b
Error: Data Error (cyclic Redundancy Check)

Same 1st 2 lines then E:\common data\english\sound.m4b
Data Error: (Cyclic Redundancy check).

I have installed the Myst Revelation game onto this computer before and have had it going. I cleaned both dvds. I installed the game onto my laptop with no problem except I cannot play the game as I need a better graphics card.

I have tried to install Myst Revelation directly to the hard drive it also comes up with a Cyclic Redundancy check. I have been able to install the game to the hard drive before with no problem.
I have recently reformatted the hard drive.

Computer Specs are:
Amd Athlon 1600, 1.4Mhz, 640mb Ram, Nvidia Geforce Mx 2 graphics card, sound blaster Live sound Card, Cd rw drive and Sony DDU 1621 series Dvd rom drive, Driver version 5.1.2535.0 2001. Windows Xp home edition Sp1. The only other game we have that is a Dvd is Half Life 2 which works on the computer.

T_raider69
02-10-2005, 06:33 AM
I have read the posts about installing firmware onto a floppy. Could someone please help me with the steps so that I can do a firmware upgrade on our dvd rom drive. We have a Sony DDU 1621 series dvd rom drive. I have been trying to install Myst Revelation onto our hard drive with no luck. The error message that is coming up is:
Feature Transfer Error
Feature: ***IS_String_Not_Defined***
Component: English manual files
File E:\common\support\manual\english\manual.pdf
Error: Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy check)

Same 1st 2 lines then Common game video files
E:\common\data\video_2.m4b
Error: Data Error (cyclic Redundancy Check)

Same 1st 2 lines then E:\common data\english\sound.m4b
Data Error: (Cyclic Redundancy check).

I have installed the Myst Revelation game onto this computer before and have had it going. I cleaned both dvds. I installed the game onto my laptop with no problem except I cannot play the game as I need a better graphics card.

I have tried to install Myst Revelation directly to the hard drive it also comes up with a Cyclic Redundancy check. I have been able to install the game to the hard drive before with no problem.
I have recently reformatted the hard drive.

Computer Specs are:
Amd Athlon 1600, 1.4Mhz, 640mb Ram, Nvidia Geforce Mx 2 graphics card, sound blaster Live sound Card, Cd rw drive and Sony DDU 1621 series Dvd rom drive, Driver version 5.1.2535.0 2001. Windows Xp home edition Sp1. The only other game we have that is a Dvd is Half Life 2 which works on the computer.

Heimdall_G
02-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Sony Support has all of the updates, manuals, etc., for your DDU 1621 available here (http://sony.storagesupport.com/dvdrw/ddu1621_dwn.htm).

-- See Firmware Upgrade 2.72 (http://sony.storagesupport.com/legalagreement.zulu?dlid=dvdrw/downloads/ddu1621/S4.2.zip) to download the latest firmware.
-- See Instructions (http://sony.storagesupport.com/dvdrw/downloads/ddu1621/ddu1621update.htm) for detailed firmware installation instructions.