PDA

View Full Version : Engravings (Weapon Perk Upgrades)!!!!!!!!

WendysBrioche
07-03-2018, 01:24 AM
Just watched a video from Joraptor about a new feature Odyssey is introducing called engravings.

I didn't understand precisely what it is but it looks like you'll be able to unlock new perks/bonus effects for your equipment by performing certain tasks to unlock them!

I loved the customization in AC Unity, but one of it's biggest weaknesses was that your base and early equipment became essentially useless and in some cases comprimised your ability to play the game against tougher enemies, bosses and levels later in the game.

Origins did a LOT to fix that, and I'm super glad I can upgrade and use my Medjay shield efficiently in combat by the end of the game if I want to do that!

I'm just super glad they're taking this direction with the franchise by adding more perks to using lower level equipment with the ability to upgrade weaker gear if you appreciate their visual style to higher level equipment and you still want to use them!

Super happy about this and I hope Ubi keeps going in this direction cause this is definitely what's right for the series! I love upgrading my equipment, especially the weaker stuff if it looks cool, these are definitely the kind of RPG elements Assassin's Creed needs to keep and build upon!

Ichrukia56
07-03-2018, 05:54 AM
The engravings seem to be similar to the gems that were use to upgrade the weapons and armour in middle earth shadow of war which i think will be interesting to see how people use them to create their own playstyle.

cawatrooper9
07-03-2018, 02:20 PM
I loved the customization in AC Unity, but one of it's biggest weaknesses was that your base and early equipment became essentially useless and in some cases comprimised your ability to play the game against tougher enemies, bosses and levels later in the game.

Origins did a LOT to fix that, and I'm super glad I can upgrade and use my Medjay shield efficiently in combat by the end of the game if I want to do that!

For sure.

I know some people are worried about tying stats to gear again, but I think this is a smart way to keep many sets viable even into the late game, as opposed to Unity's clear hierarchical system.

Agent-Z46
07-03-2018, 03:07 PM
I saw it too! Really enjoying his videos. I just love all the stats and the potential to build your character however you want. Like I could find a spear and see that it has extra Assassin damage, so I go "Yeah, this fits my playstyle" I just love building my character and making choices based on stats, rather than how cool it looks. I do love cool looking cosmetics though!:D

WendysBrioche
07-06-2018, 02:27 AM
I saw it too! Really enjoying his videos. I just love all the stats and the potential to build your character however you want. Like I could find a spear and see that it has extra Assassin damage, so I go "Yeah, this fits my playstyle" I just love building my character and making choices based on stats, rather than how cool it looks. I do love cool looking cosmetics though!:D

Ya I'm actually really enjoying his videos for Odyssey, I'm sure there's plenty of other streamers with good footage and info as well, but Joraptor's are the ones that keep popping up for me!

For sure.

I know some people are worried about tying stats to gear again, but I think this is a smart way to keep many sets viable even into the late game, as opposed to Unity's clear hierarchical system.

Definitely agreed!