PDA

View Full Version : Bad antialiasing

TG_striker890
07-02-2018, 09:23 AM
So since the 60 fps cap isn't already bad enough in a racing game, the FXAA makes the distance so blurry, that you can't even see turns probably. It's extremly anyoing.
I even tried to disable FXAA ingame and use MSAA x4 via NVIDIA Control Panel, which seems to not work probably as well. Still blurred, though much better...

Can we please have a proberly implemented AA?

Ripperino2K
07-02-2018, 09:59 AM
I dont see MSAA in the Nvidia control panel , only AA i see is FXAA.
And yes i agree the games AA is very blurry

TG_striker890
07-02-2018, 11:10 AM
I dont see MSAA in the Nvidia control panel , only AA i see is FXAA.
And yes i agree the games AA is very blurry
FXAA - Off
AA Setting - 4x
AA Mode - Disable application settings
AA Transparency - Multisample

That's MSAA (multisample antialiasing).

Ripperino2K
07-02-2018, 03:05 PM
thanks i guess thats better then the original AA , also there is TAA X4 in documents the crew 2 folder.

Ubi-Baron
07-02-2018, 03:11 PM
Hey guys,

I know that the team have looked into some reports of this, to help us with this could you please provide a video example of this and also please create a case here (support.ubi.com) with a DxDiag & MSINFO (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000023904/How-To-Submit-Dxdiag-MSinfo/).

Let me know when you have done this and I can pass this on to the team.

Thanks

TG_striker890
07-04-2018, 09:01 AM
Hey guys,

I know that the team have looked into some reports of this, to help us with this could you please provide a video example of this and also please create a case here (support.ubi.com) with a DxDiag & MSINFO (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000023904/How-To-Submit-Dxdiag-MSinfo/).

Let me know when you have done this and I can pass this on to the team.

Thanks

I guess that's more of a generall problem. FXAA is just the worst AA possible. It makes the screen blurry but has good performance. Though it shouldn't take the dev team too much of their time to give us better options.
I don't think the dev team have any advantages when they have MSINFO and DxDiag ...