PDA

View Full Version : Sequence 11 Help

eddie87_289
02-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Hi, I've stupidly got myself into a bit of a problem.

I can't seem to complete the mission at the end of Seq 11 where you have to 'kill' Rodrigo. The reason being is that not once during playing the game have I upgraded my armour and health. Annoying thing is that on previous levels you could abort the mission, but on this one I can't seem to at all. All I want to do is to go back, but there doesn't seem to be any option to do this. Can anyone shed any light on this?

My only other option right now is to restart the entire game. I don't want to do that...

eddie87_289
02-06-2010, 08:03 AM

I can't seem to complete the mission at the end of Seq 11 where you have to 'kill' Rodrigo. The reason being is that not once during playing the game have I upgraded my armour and health. Annoying thing is that on previous levels you could abort the mission, but on this one I can't seem to at all. All I want to do is to go back, but there doesn't seem to be any option to do this. Can anyone shed any light on this?

My only other option right now is to restart the entire game. I don't want to do that...

shimpaku
02-06-2010, 10:06 AM
WOW!! You played all the way to that level without once upgrading your armor!
Sounds like you simply wanted to rush through this game!

I imagine then that you never took the time to invest in the Villa at all let alone gaining all the Codex pages. If I may ask, why did you ignore, for all practical purposes, the entire game? As far as I recall, the last level is the one level where you cannot abort the memory. Seems as though you are now paying the price for rushing through an otherwise great game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Abeonis
02-06-2010, 10:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eddie87_289:

My only other option right now is to restart the entire game. I don't want to do that... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry, but how is you not upgrading armour or health affecting you playing this mission in any way, shape or form? I went through the game without upgrading health or armour, and had no trouble completing this mission...

shimpaku
02-06-2010, 11:43 AM
It could simply be that he does not have very many health squares (which accumulates with upgraded armor)and keeps getting killed in battles. Also, without upgraded armor you are more easily damaged in fights.

Now, I have the same question for you. Do you mean to say that not once did you ever buy better armor and played the entire game with the original assassins uniform from sequence 1? If so.....why? Just curious.

elaine8405
02-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Eddie,

Most missions give you an Accept/Decline option. The one where Ezio is in disguise to take the Apple to Borgia just has Accept. I think that's why you can't abort the memory. You would think the game developers would be consistent & let you quit, but there it is.

To the fight: Keep at it and use lots of defense/counter-attacks. I always have trouble with the spearmen but if I go to unarmed combat and just get up into them, pummeling them with my fists, I can usually keep them off balance until I knock them out. However, when you're surrounded, the other soldiers are probably going to get some hits in while you're occupied battering the spearman. When the brutes show up, either disarm them or use hidden blades & just keep hitting them. Usually you can hit them faster than they can counter and eventually, you'll kill them.

Good luck!

shimpaku
02-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Forgot to mention something very important!
Once you kill a guard search them. In this particular sequence it is very generous with the killed guards having health vials on them! They also have smoke bombs which will easily enable you to fight them more easily.

elaine8405
02-06-2010, 06:17 PM
In Sequence 11, there isn't time to search bodies. You can't search when soldiers are actively fighting you/locked on to you--i.e., a red circle around the mini-map in the bottom right corner. I just finished that fight (playing the game for the 5th time) so it's fresh in my mind.

In Sequence 14, at the Vatican, there's time between fights to search bodies on your way to confront Borgia.

shimpaku
02-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Strange....I had plenty of time to search the bodies! If I hadn't, how would I know that they had plenty of health vials and smoke bombs? Once you kill one group of guards (there are certain stages of them) you have all the time in the world to search them! Well, at least I did and I just finished that last sequence 3 days ago. Then you simply go on to the next encounter with the guards. The reason the developers did this is that they knew you could not replay this sequence and that you might very well be in need of more health vials and perhaps smoke bombs. Of course, I am referring to when you are in the Vatican and that is what the first poster is referring to as that is the only sequence that you can't delete the memory that I'm aware of. Is there perhaps another one that I didn't notice? Just curious.

elaine8405
02-06-2010, 11:58 PM
shimpaku,

Please re-read what I wrote and you will find no conflict with what you're saying: At the Vatican/Rome, there's time to search bodies.

HOWEVER, the OP is referring to Sequence 11, in Venice, not Sequence 14, in Rome--thus the title of his thread asking for Sequence 11 help. The Vatican/Rome Sequence is irrelevant to this thread and possibly constitutes a spoiler.

In Sequence 11, when you take the guard's uniform to carry the box with the Apple to Rodrigo Borgia, your only choice is to Accept the mission, therefore you can't later abort the memory. And during the fight, there's no chance to search bodies to gain health vials.

eddie87_289
02-07-2010, 05:46 AM
The reason I've never upgraded my health and armour is simply because I haven't had to yet. I haven't been rushing through the game either and I have done a lot of work at the villa and collecting codex pages. I'm not entirely sure why I never upgraded my armour, but like I said before, it was just because I never got to a point in the game where I thought "I'll upgrade my health and armour for this level."

All that's irrelevant though. The fact is I'm struggling quite badly with this level simply because of my low health. I've got quite close on a couple of occasions, but it seems like I'll just have to keep trying.

elaine8405
02-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Eddie,

Whatever the reason, I hope you make it through the fight and can finish it!

For future game play: New armor is usually available after each major mission & purchasing it increases the value of the Villa, thus getting you more money. Ditto weapons. So when you stop by the Villa to pick up money, check the blacksmith for any new armor/weapons. Also check the tailor shop for new pouches that increase the amount of health vials or knives you can carry.

If you've come close to beating Sequence 11, you'll probably succeed. Good luck!

shimpaku
02-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Yes, youíre absolutely right. I had the misfortune of purchasing the book along with the game as the book, in my opinion, is horrible as to the way it is laid out and in some way responsible for my misunderstanding. On recollection, by the time I had reached Sequence 11 I had made it a point much earlier in the game to invest in the Villa and by the time I reached this particular sequence I had quite a sum of money and had already upgraded my armor and weapons. I didnít have a very difficult time with that sequence so therefore I never knew that on this particular sequence that the memory could not be aborted. As far as I knew, (until now) the only sequence that could not be aborted was the last one so, I thought perhaps that this is the sequence that the OP was ([i]mistakenly[i/]) referring to.

As for what I said I seriously doubt that it could in any conceivable way be considered as a spoiler as I gave nothing away. Other than that, there were many times when I felt that certain things were next to impossible to complete but with persistence it certainly can be done. Usually when I did so it seems as though it came by surprise to me! That is part and parcel of this intriguing game. It, at times, can be quite irritating but that is what seems to draw you into to this game.

eddie87_289
03-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Just an update,

Still haven't managed to do this level. I left it for about a month and didn't play it. Now I've gone back to it, I still can't do it.

The only other option I have is to restart the game from the beginning, but I really don't have the enthusiasm to do that now.

Anyway, please, have any cheats, hints, tips. Anything?

rjcooper
03-30-2010, 12:29 AM
Okay first I would like to know where does it start you when you start the game? Immediately at the start of the fight with Borgia or do you gotta do the whole walk through the town to him first? If you gotta walk through the town perhaps there is an armor vendor along the route, or see if you can run t one when the fight starts, I don't know if the part your in gets white-walled off so you can't leave.

But if neither of them are options, Lastly try to beat Borgia into the Northwest corner area of the area if I remember right, there you can just beat him senseless and disregard his adds since your uncle will take them on. Otherwise try and stay focused on constantly pelting Borgia with sword strikes, preferably into a far corner.

LAST OPTION: I don't know the entire details on it or if it can be turned off or removed afterward, but if nothing else works you can go HERE (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3621035448) and use the tool talked about for the unlimited health feature to just get through it.

nitres15
03-30-2010, 09:39 AM
just disarm kill

elaine8405
03-30-2010, 10:43 PM
I haven't tried this, but you might be able to climb the roof of a nearby hut or building. The big brutes can't climb so you can just deal with regular swordsman. I'm not sure if spearmen can climb ... Anyway, knocking out the swordsman should give you a chance to keep healthy & maybe just air-assassinate the brutes when you're ready. Again, I haven't tried this technique, but given the situation you're in, it might be worth a try.