PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Adjustable Walk/Run Speed on Mouse Wheel

DaelosTheCat
07-01-2018, 11:18 PM
Hello!

I have passionately requested the feature for adjusting the movement speed on PC since Origins. Unfortunately, it was never implemented. Here's hoping this can be possible for Odyssey. As I've said over at Origins forum (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1776196-PC-Adjustable-Walk-Run-Speed-on-Mouse-Wheel-Forums), in Ubisoft games on PC you can't adjust walk / run speeds. This effectively prevents players from seeing animations / accesing functionality that is already in game. As an alternate control option, can you please make those adjustable with mouse wheel similar to first Splinter Cell games? That would be amazing.

In Origins (PC) only two available movement speeds are available with one having players sprint as if bitten by a crocodile and the other is walking very-very slowly (as if intentionally walking as slowly as possible). Running around like crazy is very counter-immersive. On the other hand walking is just so slow, it would take ages to get anywhere. Can't we walk faster? Or run slower? I hope adjustable movement speed can be added in Odyssey.

Also third person RPGs need to have a movement speed that is in between sprinting and walking. Look at The Witcher 3, which I am sure ACO drew many inspirations from. It has walking, jogging and sprinting. When character's default movement speed is sprinting, it really makes him stand out from the crowd, which is very counter-immersive.

In earlier AC games this wasn't so much of a problem as you'd normally climb a rooftop and naturally parkour while sprinting. The new AC games are much less vertical and you travel around among NPCs. Sprinting all the time by default is a very very bad solution imo. And while some players may have no problem with this, I hope the developers will keep everyone in mind when implementing controls for PC.

cryptocricket
07-02-2018, 03:01 PM
sounds good to me

kissybyc
07-05-2018, 05:07 PM
Whenever I see this request, I press like.

Really, this feature is SOOOO important for the immersion of KB/M users. It never hurts to bump this request up. I'll be singing Ubi's praise if this feature is implemented. If not? Well, I guess that's just one more way we see how much "love" they truly put to the PC version.

Locopells
07-05-2018, 11:57 PM
Yeah, this one comes up quite frequently, there's already been a couple of threads on the topic.

But that's still a +1 from me.

kissybyc
07-06-2018, 03:54 PM
At the very very least, allow us to adjust default walking speed via the options menu upon release.

I know Ubi is proud of the world they created. Well, the best way to encourage players to spend more time in it is to allow us to walk at a pace that we like. This feature helps everybody.

Hitman47x.
07-06-2018, 05:51 PM
I agree.

Ubisoft, please make the character in Odyssey walk much faster than Bayek.

Bayek just walks too damn slow.

DaelosTheCat
07-14-2018, 06:02 AM
Same applies to mounted movement btw. I want to travel the world and not rush through it. In gallop mode it seems like the hero is always in a rush to get somewhere as opposed to travelling and exploring.

renboy
07-20-2018, 07:11 PM
Yes please!!

I like to immerse myself in the game and just walk around and see the sights - but the walking speed (in Origins) really got you no where, so it was nice to stay in some area for a bit - but not really explore the area more freely - without sprinting like mad.

Ensi.Ferrum
07-30-2018, 07:08 AM
In AC-Origins I resigned myself to Bayek either running around constantly hectic and nervous, or dawdling.
Mr. Sam Fisher was much more sensitive in his speed of movement.
Yes, I would also like the mouse wheel as speed control.

YazX_
07-31-2018, 07:42 AM
+1 for me

DaelosTheCat
08-16-2018, 01:28 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one passionately requesting this feature.

Olympus2018
08-16-2018, 09:11 AM
Just in case, I am going to buy an XBOX controller for the PC.... It's not too expensive and it does solve all the issues related to movement. :D

DaelosTheCat
08-17-2018, 01:08 AM
Just in case, I am going to buy an XBOX controller for the PC.... It's not too expensive and it does solve all the issues related to movement. :D

Not for people who already HAVE controllers, but are just anatomically unable to use them :) I've had a controller for years. Tried it on Origins for a while. But I just can't enjoy combat and aiming with a controller.