PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaking is unfair

Rickster_
07-01-2018, 07:46 PM
why does it feel like ubi messed up the skill level pairing on purpose because it always says on par with both while my team is full of low rep while our enemy team is full of higher reps then my teammates. why do i fell like that for them it says higher than, and if so why do they get the level 3 bots instantly while one or to of my low rep players rage quit because they know that is an uneven match, get replaced by level 1 bots and the game finally gives us the level 3 bot to balance the match, near the end of the match.

Its like the matchmaking is giving you fixed matches on purpose like you are being forced to lose. like how is this fun. when ever the match is obviously unfair or we have a bot in the beginning or a get a bot mid game i leave because its an instant loss.

i guarantee that even if we stayed the rest of the match that bot would be a level 1 bot; 100 percent guarantee it there was no way on coming back to at least being neck at neck.

I don't care about losing if it we were going to make a comeback or at least starting to pull our own weight near the end of the match but if we are losing because the match is so uneven that it was a guaranteed loss no matter what then that is when i leave 100 percent of my matches

UbiInsulin
07-02-2018, 02:20 AM
Thanks for telling us how matchmaking's been going for you, Rickster_. It's worth noting that rep level is not the same as matchmaking rating (i.e. skill). There's a detailed description of how FH matchmaking works on this page (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000033550/Matchmaking-in-For-Honor-dedicated-servers-FH/).

The system also has to factor in player location when creating a game. As matchmaking goes on, these parameters gradually relax (making elapsed time, location, and skill the three values being looked at). The balance between these is something that the FH team works hard to maintain.

Armosias
07-02-2018, 12:50 PM
Rep only reflects the time played on a hero, it does not hint how strong the player his.
Has for the filthy matchmaking forcing defeats it is the same as any other games, because de all know that devs are trying to ruin out game experience through flawed MM and broken balance...
T'was sarcasm. Everyone have bad games, everyone get stomped, blaming the matchmaking for it is not a solution.

Haplo_Bane
07-02-2018, 01:23 PM
Yep. I'm living proof. Over 200 rep and still only an average player(too lazy,old and arrogant to practice) I can even tell when I win due to Rep intimidation. I often still get beaten by lower lvl players and lvl 3 bots. But I've been waiting for game like this since I first saw space invaders when I was eight and have fun playing. Isn't that what games are for? A chance to escape in a world where you're decisions and actions doesn't actually affect real life.If your playing to prove something to yourself or others you're using the wrong medium. To conclude: Rep does not dictate skill,simply time played,as Mr Armosias stated.

Fairemont
07-02-2018, 02:59 PM
The bot disparity can be a bit of a bother, but yeah, rep means literally nothing and has no bearing on skill.

Its basically a measure of how much someone has played. It'll likely mean they know a fair bit about the characters, but doesn't guarantee they know how to deal with any of that information.

SlapO_xFight
07-02-2018, 05:36 PM
Look Ubiinsulin,

You and the rest of the people in this game including the devs say that Rep is not the same as skill. However this is not the total truth and to think so is ignorant. In life we know the more we do something the better we get at it. Most the time it doesn't matter who you are practice makes permanent. I have been in this game since beta and I can tell you that I have learned tricks exploits that are still in the game and ways to cheese other fighters due to the overwhelming amount of time I have put into the game. Now i am only 77rep max 47 with my Orochi. Plus I took a break from this game due to the broken foundation and balance issues that still plague the game to this day. 80% of the matches I am put in end up with my team having 1-2 bots or people who literally have no idea what they are doing and I've said it before. You guys say this game is a team based game, but even having 1 bot on your team when you are playing PVP will ruin you, you say its team based but literally can't fill a lobby full of actual people because so many people are dropping the game.

Instead of listening to the top 1% 2% what the ef ever % maybe look at things that make sense like all characters having a viable opener because you know we are all human after all right?
Just and idea that I for one don't expect you to listen to. So many people saying nerf this nerf that, This is the first game that I have come across in my 25yrs of gaming that isn't consistent with it self other than the idea that you go stab people or blow this up for about 10mins to get the same results. This is the only game I played in my entire life that isn't honest with its self, no structure, horrible foundation, and a poor dev team behind it with a sour attitude to people who do see the issues that Mr. Rickster and many others like me see and address with no cause of action to fix by Ubisoft Montreal. Even RB6 Siege fills parts or will even wait in pre game screen if someone drops to fill that spot with someone. I feel like you guys should have pushed FH back another year to think about what you actually intended the game to be.

The moral of this story is. You can't say having experience something for long periods of time will not effect the skill gap of said experience. Rep= playtime yes however playtime = exp and exp = wisdom and knowledge thus you have created an understanding of how this work now you have the upper hand. Be wise my fellow gamers not ignorant and blind. Rep does = Skill to an extent and it does make a difference in Life and Video games.

UbiInsulin
07-02-2018, 09:53 PM
Absolutely, in-game experience can help you win matches. We've been letting the team know that newer players are encountering higher rep players, particularly since the Starter Edition introduced a lot of new players to the game.

We've also mentioned that players have been getting frustrated when stuck with bot teammates.

Haplo_Bane
07-02-2018, 10:11 PM
As weird as it sounds,I'd rather be a man down than have a lvl 1-2 bot.They only serve as easy points and quicker feat gain for the opposition. Wasn't there a brief time when all bots in pvp were lvl 3 ? Why did it change back?