PDA

View Full Version : Crater on the ground - respawn time?

AH_Cutora
12-03-2004, 01:11 AM
Hi all,

I registered with pleased a new feature in PF, bombs make craters on the ground. It is fine message for bombers and team leaders, we can hit TO and landing runways now and damge them. If plane wants TO or land at damaged RW, it loses gear in the crater :-). It is necessary protect homebasis now :-).

But the craters have too short respawn time, approx. 1 min! How to set respawn time for craters in dogfight and coop missions? I think, the best way is at [Respawn time] section, similar as for ships, artilery, aeroanchores, ....

Thanks,

AH_Cutora
12-03-2004, 01:11 AM
Hi all,

I registered with pleased a new feature in PF, bombs make craters on the ground. It is fine message for bombers and team leaders, we can hit TO and landing runways now and damge them. If plane wants TO or land at damaged RW, it loses gear in the crater :-). It is necessary protect homebasis now :-).

But the craters have too short respawn time, approx. 1 min! How to set respawn time for craters in dogfight and coop missions? I think, the best way is at [Respawn time] section, similar as for ships, artilery, aeroanchores, ....

Thanks,

Tooz_69GIAP
12-03-2004, 04:52 AM
The size of the crater is dependant on the size of the bomb that is used to create it.

The time a crater stays on the field is also dependent on te size of the bomb that made it.

I believe the craters last from 90 seconds to 10 minutes depending on what bomb created the crater. The FAB5000 bomb carried by the Pe-8 makes the 10 minute craters I think.

AH_Cutora
12-03-2004, 07:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tooz_69GIAP:
... The FAB5000 bomb carried by the Pe-8 makes the 10 minute craters I think. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

5ton bomb and 10 minutes only? There have to be a lot of wery fast monkeis that fill up the crater.

Now serious. I need the time for 250kg bomb for 30 minutes minimaly. 1 hour is much better. The best way is a value in [Respawn time] section of .mis file in my oppinion.

Thanks,

Tater-SW-
12-03-2004, 08:20 AM
Yeah, if typical runway denial-sized bombs don't have a lifetime of several minutes at leqst, it was a waste to even bother. The minimum time for some little bomb should be 5-10 minutes. 15kg, 5 minutes, 100lb 10 minutes, 250 - 2000lb 30 minutes, anything bigger 1 hour.

That might be reasonable.

tater