PDA

View Full Version : Questions about later DLC

Brunadas
10-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Guys do you know if Ubisoft will release the pre-order bonuses as a later DLC?I'm getting the Collector's Edition but I'd really like to have the "weapons capacity upgrade" and the "Turkish Assassin Armor",so do you think they will release in PSN/XBOX or even via Uplay?

Cheers

Brunadas
10-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Guys do you know if Ubisoft will release the pre-order bonuses as a later DLC?I'm getting the Collector's Edition but I'd really like to have the "weapons capacity upgrade" and the "Turkish Assassin Armor",so do you think they will release in PSN/XBOX or even via Uplay?

Cheers

SleezeRocker
10-11-2011, 07:02 PM
After seeing how AC2 and ACB have done with their proerder bonuses (in-game wise) im fairly sure we will see an Addon with all the preorder offered around like weapons+, costumes/skins, multiplayer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Brunadas
10-11-2011, 07:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
After seeing how AC2 and ACB have done with their proerder bonuses (in-game wise) im fairly sure we will see an Addon with all the preorder offered around like weapons+, costumes/skins, multiplayer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok,thanks for the information http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Black_Widow9
10-11-2011, 07:48 PM
It is always questionable. Sometimes they remain exclusive. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Serrachio
10-11-2011, 07:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
It is always questionable. Sometimes they remain exclusive. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kind of like the Copernicus Conspiracy for the PS3 users.

wapikas
10-12-2011, 12:39 AM
Don't care for extra ammo and single player costumes are purely cosmetic. Having them would be cool but I really hope that preorder multiplayer characters will be available later as DLC.

Chronomancy
10-12-2011, 12:59 AM
I would really hate for anything in the preorder packs to be included in a DLC.

I pay more for a reason, for exclusive stuff.

If you either dont want to pay more or you cant access this preorder deal too bad.

Vice8641
10-12-2011, 01:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chronomancy:
If you either dont want to pay more or you cant access this preorder deal too bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's a bit narrow-minded. You do get exclusivity though, at least for some time (4-5 months?). I think it's dumb that I don't get to experience, I don't know, Vlad the Impaler's prison just because I can't preorder it. What does it mean to you if other people don't get to play this?

Chronomancy
10-12-2011, 01:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vice8641:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chronomancy:
If you either dont want to pay more or you cant access this preorder deal too bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's a bit narrow-minded. You do get exclusivity though, at least for some time (4-5 months?). I think it's dumb that I don't get to experience, I don't know, Vlad the Impaler's prison just because I can't preorder it. What does it mean to you if other people don't get to play this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because i'm paying extra that's why.

I've missed out on SO many missions, cosmetics etc in games its ridiculous, people need to accept that they can't get the preorder deal they want every release.

wapikas
10-12-2011, 02:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vice8641:
That's a bit narrow-minded. You do get exclusivity though, at least for some time (4-5 months?). I think it's dumb that I don't get to experience, I don't know, Vlad the Impaler's prison just because I can't preorder it. What does it mean to you if other people don't get to play this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've missed out on SO many missions, cosmetics etc in games its ridiculous, people need to accept that they can't get the preorder deal they want every release. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do have preordered ACR collectors edition, and I am paying more for some exclusive content, but I don't see anything wrong with it that ubisoft releases exclusive content later as DLC. Especially when there are so many different preorder options. Unless you buy all different preorder editions you can't have all exclusive content. And those who won't get preorder bonuses cause they "don't pay more" have to pay for DLC anyway, so just saying you have paid more is kind of arrogant and selfish.

Chronomancy
10-12-2011, 02:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wapikas:

I've missed out on SO many missions, cosmetics etc in games its ridiculous, people need to accept that they can't get the preorder deal they want every release. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do have preordered ACR collectors edition, and I am paying more for some exclusive content, but I don't see anything wrong with it that ubisoft releases exclusive content later as DLC. Especially when there are so many different preorder options. Unless you buy all different preorder editions you can't have all exclusive content. And those who won't get preorder bonuses cause they "don't pay more" have to pay for DLC anyway, so just saying you have paid more is kind of arrogant and selfish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the real world if you don't get what you want you deal with it and move on.

Chronomancy
10-12-2011, 02:36 AM
In my pack I get the Ottoman Jester and the Crusader.

I want the doctor so much more than the Crusader, but people who are lucky enough to live in a region that is advertsising the doctor as a part of the preorder package, have a certain prestigous factor about them when you either get killed or kill this certain character for example.

EscoBlades
10-12-2011, 02:53 AM
That's a bit narrow-minded. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed to be honest. Plus, business is business. If eventually, Ubisoft make a business decision, then....well....that's the way it goes.

wapikas
10-12-2011, 02:59 AM
In my pack I get the Ottoman Jester and the Crusader.

I want the doctor so much more than the Crusader, but people who are lucky enough to live in a region that is advertsising the doctor as a part of the preorder package, have a certain prestigous factor about them when you either get killed or kill this certain character for example. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I want doctor too. But you can always end up in team mode being a doctor when your team leader has preordered edition which includes doctor http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ProletariatPleb
10-12-2011, 03:57 AM
I would definitely want it, as in my region nothing except Standard edition can be ordered.

sp33dd34m0n
10-12-2011, 04:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
It is always questionable. Sometimes they remain exclusive. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What was exclusive in ACB and AC2 that wasnt released later as DLC?

Imo its fair that all exclusive stuff from special editions will be released for everyone later as DLC. If you pre-order you will have that stuff a few month earlyer. So basicly u pay more to have it first.

albertwesker22
10-12-2011, 04:56 AM

This.

itsamea-mario
10-12-2011, 05:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wapikas:

I do have preordered ACR collectors edition, and I am paying more for some exclusive content, but I don't see anything wrong with it that ubisoft releases exclusive content later as DLC. Especially when there are so many different preorder options. Unless you buy all different preorder editions you can't have all exclusive content. And those who won't get preorder bonuses cause they "don't pay more" have to pay for DLC anyway, so just saying you have paid more is kind of arrogant and selfish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the real world if you don't get what you want you deal with it and move on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but this is one if those things that doesn't need to be unfair.
The only reason everything iisnt available to everyone straight away is because people flock to the word exclusive like children to a sweet shop.
There's no reason for ubi not to release them as DLC at a later date, it's good for them and good for us.

Brunadas
10-12-2011, 06:54 AM

Let me tell you with that attitude you don't go far.I'm buying the Collector's Edition so I can get the Embers animated short film and the Vlad(don't really care with MP characters because I'm a SP person).So in your opinion If I wanted all the pre-order stuff I'd need to buy the Collector's,Animus,Special edition...

BTW if Ubisoft is releasing the DLC after the game launches won't be for free so I really don't know why you think like that.

Cheers

CRUDFACE
10-12-2011, 07:53 AM
@Brunadas: yeah, I'm still going to pay for it later...

Edit: the ps3 exclusive DLC was frequently warned that only the PS3 would be able to get it. So that wasn't much of a surprise, well, except that Sony keeps throwing money at Ubisoft to make their editions special even though more people play on Xbox

what if I can't because of all these different preorder bonuses? It's not that I wouldn't pick up the DLC, it's that because I live in NA, can't get the other stuff, I don't have the option to

Brunadas
10-12-2011, 09:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

Edit: the ps3 exclusive DLC was frequently warned that only the PS3 would be able to get it. So that wasn't much of a surprise, well, except that Sony keeps throwing money at Ubisoft to make their editions special even though more people play on Xbox </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes like me,I'm getting the Collector's but than if Ubisoft release all via DLC later on,I will get the Weapon Upgrades,Turkish Armor and Armor of Brutus.

From AC:Revelations which DLC is exclusive to PS3?I didn't know that AC:R has ps3 exclusive content...

Cheers

Krayus Korianis
10-12-2011, 11:07 AM
I pre-ordered the Signature edition. Which is the only edition available for me in the US.

With it, I get the Vlad the Impaler mission, weapon upgrades and Ottoman Jester. I also get the Embers DvD and Soundtrack for AC:R.

They'll release the "exclusive" crap later in an add-on DLC. No skin off my back since I'm not paying more than what a regular game is worth. The reason you pay more isn't for DLC, it's for the extra crap that comes with the edition like the DvD movie Embers, Soundtrack, Encyclopedia, and everything else with them European editions.

sp33dd34m0n
10-12-2011, 11:12 AM
I think the only stuff that remains really exclusive are things like the art-books and stuff what is in the box of Animus or collectors edition.

Chronomancy
10-12-2011, 03:20 PM
So what makes you think I don't want the other things in the other packages?

You have to deal with it and accept the fact that YOU are not getting that package.

Get over it really.

Rakudaton
10-12-2011, 03:21 PM
This idea that "I paid more, therefore anyone who did not MUST NOT GET WHAT I GOT" is an unbelievably childish and selfish mentality.

What you are getting with your special edition -- besides extras like short films and books -- is early access to content. Not content that is ONLY for you. Besides, we have to pay to get the DLC: it's not just given to us for free.

Some people need to be taught a few lessons in... well, just generally being nice.

EDIT -- Chronomancy, despite you repeatedly saying "get over it", you're the one showing you have an issue with others getting content. Irony much? Oh, and by the way... this post as a whole is directed at you.

Serrachio
10-12-2011, 03:28 PM
I wish Copernicus was released to Xbox before Revelations comes out. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

LightRey
10-12-2011, 04:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:
I wish Copernicus was released to Xbox before Revelations comes out. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I wouldn't mind that either, but I don't really see it happening.

Jexx21
10-12-2011, 04:20 PM
If it goes to Xbox it better come to PC. I would love to play it.

Chronomancy
10-12-2011, 10:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:
This idea that "I paid more, therefore anyone who did not MUST NOT GET WHAT I GOT" is an unbelievably childish and selfish mentality.

What you are getting with your special edition -- besides extras like short films and books -- is early access to content. Not content that is ONLY for you. Besides, we have to pay to get the DLC: it's not just given to us for free.

Some people need to be taught a few lessons in... well, just generally being nice.

EDIT -- Chronomancy, despite you repeatedly saying "get over it", you're the one showing you have an issue with others getting content. Irony much? Oh, and by the way... this post as a whole is directed at you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never said it was only for me you tool, the content is for people who PAID for it. I don't expect things for free in this world unlike you, everything comes at a price and if your not willing to pay it you don't deserve it.

And the oh.. this is directed at you, is that a little intimidation? Kiddo take it back to the playground.

I just think the stuff that is in the preorders as I said in a previous post has a certain prestigous factor to it, and thats where it should stay in the preorder package.

I'm done with this thread people expect stuff for free these days how pathetic.

Serrachio
10-12-2011, 10:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:

EDIT -- Chronomancy, despite you repeatedly saying "get over it", you're the one showing you have an issue with others getting content. Irony much? Oh, and by the way... this post as a whole is directed at you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never said it was only for me you tool, the content is for people who PAID for it. I don't expect things for free in this world unlike you, everything comes at a price and if your not willing to pay it you don't deserve it.

And the oh.. this is directed at you, is that a little intimidation? Kiddo take it back to the playground.

I just think the stuff that is in the preorders as I said in a previous post has a certain prestigous factor to it, and thats where it should stay in the preorder package.

I'm done with this thread people expect stuff for free these days how pathetic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your attitude is the thing that is pathetic.

You do not get things often for pre-ordering, all that does is guarantee you a copy of the game. What you are buying is an edition of the game for the physical items and digital content.

Seeing as it is Ubisoft's digital content, they can do with it as they wish, but even if they do release it at a later date, it is never 'free'.

It may make some people's editions a little lacking than what they were before, but they've had plenty of fun with them and the DLCs rarely ever come with just that content, Pre-orderers get new content as well.

What you have seemed to have side-stepped is that people actually pay for these items in a DLC, so it is clear that they are still contributing something for the content.

Right now, I suggest that you step back from the resentment you seem to have, because all it does is make you seem like a greedy child who does not want to share, and it is rather disappointing.

Rakudaton
10-13-2011, 12:45 AM
Thank you, Seracchio. He seems to have got it in his head that the DLC will be free. But the main problem is that he's basically a ******, which I don't think we can really solve. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

tyrce111
10-13-2011, 01:04 AM
In terms of the Copernicus conspiracy. I don't really think it was that good, and would get over it quite quickly if Microsoft brought it.

It is really just a couple of fight scenes and maybe 5 races more or less.

I think Ubisoft should have given Xbox the DLC by now. It's really not hurting anyone, except for the people playing it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

itsamea-mario
10-13-2011, 03:04 AM

I'm done with this thread people expect stuff for free these days how pathetic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You still seem to think ubisoft would benefit from not realeasing content at a later date. But that's completely wrong.
Preordering gives you early access, to content that can be bought at a later date.
Digital content is easy to make available worldwide, ubi would have no reason not to, they make more money that way.

You are actually being a bit dim.

Krayus Korianis
10-13-2011, 05:17 AM
So what makes you think I don't want the other things in the other packages?

You have to deal with it and accept the fact that YOU are not getting that package.

Get over it really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Because you state to "get over it" like an idiot. You probably got REALLY angry when they released the Jester/Officer, specially the Helmschmied Drachen Armor and the Templar Lairs to everyone who bought the Da Vinci Disappearance DLC.

2. Nowhere did I state I am unhappy. You did. I know I am not getting the European editions. I don't want the European Editions because I know Ubisoft is going to release the extra crap that costs pretty much nothing in a DLC for me and everyone else to buy.

3. Should take your own advice kid. Should really stop being a dbag. Bet you have the face fur to match the way you act.

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 05:22 AM
Also...

some game developers DO give their DLC out for free. At least on PC, I know Microsoft has some sort of policy that only the first DLC a company releases can be free.

For the companies I'm talking about see VALVe, with Team Fortress 2 and Portal 2, and CDProjektRED with The Witcher 2 where they are giving all of their DLC out for free along with all major updates and they already lowered the price down to 40 bucks for the Digial Deluxe edition which comes with a bunch of awesome stuff.

Really good company that CDProjektRED. Valve is awesome too, it recently came out with it's free DLC for Portal 2.

Oh, forgot a link to the game: http://store.steampowered.com/...20920/?snr=1_4_4__13 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/20920/?snr=1_4_4__13)

That's for The Witcher 2

Krayus Korianis
10-13-2011, 05:27 AM
Only three DLC packages can be free apparently. Look at RDR, it has outfit pack, MP Fan Appreciation pack and the Co-Op pack for free. While the other three DLC's are 800 points each.

AC:B has 2 free DLC (MP) and one bought DLC.

Brunadas
10-13-2011, 05:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:

You still seem to think ubisoft would benefit from not realeasing content at a later date. But that's completely wrong.
Preordering gives you early access, to content that can be bought at a later date.
Digital content is easy to make available worldwide, ubi would have no reason not to, they make more money that way.

You are actually being a bit dim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This ^^ By having that opinion "Chronomancy",you are against the studio itself because that way they would not do so much money as they do and all the players wouldn't have the same opportunity.The DLC is an "early acess" what means if you want early you buy it and if you want later you just wait to hit the Store/Marketplace and than buy it.

They do this because it's too much DLC and if they stuck all the DLC in one Edition would be TOO EXPENSIVE and they would't sell so much.

Enough said.

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 05:30 AM
Yea, I think that's why they are delaying the release of The Witcher 2 on consoles. Because first they have the scale the graphics down to run on the consoles, and they also want to get all the updates ready to release with the main game, so that the consoles get the game at it's finest.

But I myself haven't played The Witcher 2, mostly because I'm only 16 and the game has nudity in it and my father would kill me if he saw that. &gt;.&lt;

Krayus Korianis
10-13-2011, 08:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
Yea, I think that's why they are delaying the release of The Witcher 2 on consoles. Because first they have the scale the graphics down to run on the consoles, and they also want to get all the updates ready to release with the main game, so that the consoles get the game at it's finest.

But I myself haven't played The Witcher 2, mostly because I'm only 16 and the game has nudity in it and my father would kill me if he saw that. &gt;.&lt; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice lol. You play RDR yet? There's like only one part that has nudity but it's the womans top area... Even then you don't see much. I don't know why they put it as an M Rated game tbh.

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 01:46 PM
I play on PC, RDR is XBox exclusive.

Animuses
10-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Jexx, it's console exclusive.

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 02:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
Jexx, it's console exclusive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I said? Isn't it?

RzaRecta357
10-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Wow, that Chrono guy. Man, what terrible parents he must of had.

Anyway times have changed and I'm sure that we'll get most of the DLC sooner rather than later. I bet Vlad comes out a month or two after release.

I just hope the Turkish Assassin skin and the doctor release because - as i've complained about before - they never released a blackish version of Ezios outfit in AC2 until like a GOTY edition or something.

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 02:13 PM
I actually find it amusing that no one is replying to what I said about CDProjekt RED giving all their DLC away for free. I was expecting someone to yell for proof or tell me that I was lying or something.

C3G Jester
10-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Ok all. Relax.

Chrono: You get over it. The DLC in the game with preorder bonuses will possibly be exclusive. But all the mission/quests in the DLC will be released. I mean go to Gamestop.com and ull get Signature Edition for 60 bucks. Thats the same price as standard edition. The weapons and skins will highly be exclusive however the mission/quest dlc will be sold later down the road. I know this cuz they did the same with PSN exclusive DLC then decided to give Xbox users a chance. I love that.

Now its really about the money. Not the love for you Chrono. You got a problem with that, go complain to the Ubi people. Not to us. By talking like that, you show that you are just a teenager who complains about little issues. "If I buy the game, I deserve that" shows you are a spoiled brat.

To everyone: Do not worry, some will be sold as DLC later the road if Ubi decides since we buy the DLC, they get more money to fund the next game and to pay for the employees. However, lets hope the Revelation multiplayer maps are free like Brotherhood.

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 05:48 PM
Err.. the Copernicus DLC is still exclusive to the PlayStation.

And the Weapon isn't exclusive..

C3G Jester
10-13-2011, 05:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

And the Weapon isn't exclusive.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was shown that the DLC ur talking about has the Leonardo quests. Xbox has that too.

C3G Jester
10-13-2011, 05:59 PM

And the reason why Im thinking of whether to get Revelation or not is because if they make future DLC exclusive to PS3, Im not getting it. Im tired of Ubisoft making AC the main platform. Thank god Ghost Recon Future Soldier is Xbox main platform

roostersrule2
10-13-2011, 06:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by commanderjst:

I was shown that the DLC ur talking about has the Leonardo quests. Xbox has that too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>But that was never meant to be exclusive and xbox got it first so how can it be PS3 exclusive and then open for everyone.

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 06:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by commanderjst:

I was shown that the DLC ur talking about has the Leonardo quests. Xbox has that too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, so does the PC. Your point?

Or are you the guy who said the PC is bad because it has more keys or some crap like that?

EscoBlades
10-13-2011, 06:06 PM

And the reason why Im thinking of whether to get Revelation or not is because if they make future DLC exclusive to PS3, Im not getting it. Im tired of Ubisoft making AC the main platform. Thank god Ghost Recon Future Soldier is Xbox main platform </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think you know what you are talking about.

cless711
10-13-2011, 06:26 PM
They usually do release things for pre-order on dlc, which is nice. But as long as they don't pull an AC2 (Skipping 2 sequences till you buy them through dlc) than i am fine.

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 06:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cless711:
They usually do release things for pre-order on dlc, which is nice. But as long as they don't pull an AC2 (Skipping 2 sequences till you buy them through dlc) than i am fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
lol? You had to buy them? They came with my game when I bought AC2 for 20 bucks on Steam. And $20 is it's normal price now-a-days. If I waited until a sale I could of got it for 5-10 dollars.

SleezeRocker
10-13-2011, 06:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cless711:
They usually do release things for pre-order on dlc, which is nice. But as long as they don't pull an AC2 (Skipping 2 sequences till you buy them through dlc) than i am fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
lol? You had to buy them? They came with my game when I bought AC2 for 20 bucks on Steam. And $20 is it's normal price now-a-days. If I waited until a sale I could of got it for 5-10 dollars. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cuz the PC (and downloadble version on PS3) of AC2 have Chapters 12-13 included

When AC2 first premiered everyone said "WTfreak!?" when either Rebecca or Shaun said "Hey 2 memories were Haxed?" and then eventually like in January and February of last year they released CH12-13 (the Haxed memories) and the entire Assasisn Order (us) were dissed that we had to pay to "finish" and understand the game. which is why the first two addons for ACB were free to make up for the 2 adds for AC2

jmk1999
10-14-2011, 01:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Wow, that Chrono guy. Man, what terrible parents he must of had. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
please be respectful towards others. no matter your intentions, please consider what you're posting before you post it. thank you.

Serrachio
10-14-2011, 03:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cuz the PC (and downloadble version on PS3) of AC2 have Chapters 12-13 included

When AC2 first premiered everyone said "WTfreak!?" when either Rebecca or Shaun said "Hey 2 memories were Haxed?" and then eventually like in January and February of last year they released CH12-13 (the Haxed memories) and the entire Assasisn Order (us) were dissed that we had to pay to "finish" and understand the game. which is why the first two addons for ACB were free to make up for the 2 adds for AC2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The two add-ons to ACB were basically a multiplayer map and mode, which I doubt would have been really that significant to charge for.

And to those mentioning the Leonardo DLC, it is not linked to the Copernicus missions that I mentioned, and has so far been exclusive to the PSN.

With ACB coming to the end of its lifespan, because of ACR a little over a month away, it would be a nice sentiment to allow Xbox and PC players to assist Copernicus before everyone switches over to Ezio in Constantinople.

I would honestly pay for the content, even if it happened to be a small amount, because it would mean that I would have fully played the game to a degree.

I know that it is a Sony exclusive, but still, they've had the enjoyment of the mission pack for a long, long time (nearly a year). I think it's about time for Ubisoft to let its other players experience it.

Edit: Added PC in for Jexx. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 03:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

With ACB coming to the end of its lifespan, because of ACR a little over a month away, it would be a nice sentiment to allow Xbox players to assist Copernicus before everyone switches over to Ezio in Constantinople.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yayyyy.. more people forgetting the PC exists as a gaming platform.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

EDIT: Thanks man :P

Animuses
10-14-2011, 03:43 PM
With ACB coming to the end of its lifespan, because of ACR a little over a month away, it would be a nice sentiment to allow Xbox and PC players to assist Copernicus before everyone switches over to Ezio in Constantinople.

I would honestly pay for the content, even if it happened to be a small amount, because it would mean that I would have fully played the game to a degree.

I know that it is a Sony exclusive, but still, they've had the enjoyment of the mission pack for a long, long time (nearly a year). I think it's about time for Ubisoft to let its other players experience it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sony payed for that content, PC and XBOX aren't going to magically get it. Maybe Microsoft should stop screwing their gamers and actually use the money they get for XBOX live.

Serrachio
10-14-2011, 03:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:

I know that it is a Sony exclusive, but still, they've had the enjoyment of the mission pack for a long, long time (nearly a year). I think it's about time for Ubisoft to let its other players experience it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sony payed for that content, PC and XBOX aren't going to magically get it. Maybe Microsoft should stop screwing their gamers and actually use the money they get for XBOX live. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the same way, people pay for their pre-order content so that they can get certain content and bonuses first.

That doesn't stop Ubisoft from releasing it in a paid DLC later.

I don't see how this process is any different if Xbox and PC players have to buy it from the Steam/Live Marketplace. In that same way, Ubisoft are still getting money from their content.

Krayus Korianis
10-14-2011, 04:39 PM
I play on PC, RDR is XBox exclusive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And PS3. Can't rule out the future though. They put GTA IV on the PC after a while.

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 04:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
I play on PC, RDR is XBox exclusive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And PS3. Can't rule out the future though. They put GTA IV on the PC after a while. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meh, can't get GTA IV either.

Mad_Fox84
10-14-2011, 05:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

Edit: the ps3 exclusive DLC was frequently warned that only the PS3 would be able to get it. So that wasn't much of a surprise, well, except that Sony keeps throwing money at Ubisoft to make their editions special even though more people play on Xbox

what if I can't because of all these different preorder bonuses? It's not that I wouldn't pick up the DLC, it's that because I live in NA, can't get the other stuff, I don't have the option to </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If more people play on the xbox, then why is the ps3 animus edition not available to preorder anymore, and the xbox version still is? Just a thought.
Anyway I agree with DLC being offered later, as there are different preorder bonuses depending on which version you buy. Considering the only way to get everything is to buy all versions, then there has to be another way. It's like when Red dead Redemption was released. There were different preorder bonuses being offered, depending on where you bought it from. Soon after release Rockstar sold all of the preorder bonuses as DLC.