PDA

View Full Version : New voice overs

Kryltic
07-01-2018, 05:04 PM
Ubi, if you have any sense of humour you will at least do the following with the new voice overs and changes!! If you don't... I feel you have wasted a massive opportunity and I shall be deeply upset.

When a female Bezerker sees an enemy Raider she cries
"Raaaiiiddeerrr"

When a Valkyrie battles an opposing Samurai and they speak any kind of Japanese
"I don't speak Japanese"

If you don't get why this is funny... You need to replay the campaign.

Also there's likely others that I have missed but these are clearly the best.

Ps. Replace the announcer with Apollyon again.

Illyrian_King
07-01-2018, 05:15 PM
Ps. Replace the announcer wirh Apollyon again.

+1

I hate how the current announce speaker talks. Every sentence he says sounds like from an angry japanese karate teacher. No matter if a play as a knight or viking.

Halvtand
07-01-2018, 07:49 PM
+1 Yes

Lord_Cherubi
07-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Yeah +1

The_B0G_
07-01-2018, 09:13 PM
Raaaaaaiddddeeeeeeerrrrr!!!!

Ianoneshot
07-01-2018, 11:35 PM
I would like it if they soublty hint at it.
It would be weird for your Berserker to screach RAAAAIIIDDDERRR out of nowere whilst fighting a Raider.

UbiInsulin
07-02-2018, 02:31 AM
Ubi, if you have any sense of humour you will at least do the following with the new voice overs and changes!! If you don't... I feel you have wasted a massive opportunity and I shall be deeply upset.

When a female Bezerker sees an enemy Raider she cries
"Raaaiiiddeerrr"

When a Valkyrie battles an opposing Samurai and they speak any kind of Japanese
"I don't speak Japanese"

If you don't get why this is funny... You need to replay the campaign.

Also there's likely others that I have missed but these are clearly the best.

Ps. Replace the announcer with Apollyon again.

Lol, very nice. I'll definitely send these ideas on to the team.

We let the team know that a lot of players wanted the Apollyon announcer to stay after the event, but I don't have any additional information on a possible return of that voice.

E1seNw0Lf
07-02-2018, 04:46 AM
Waiting for announcer voice packs since release (Apollyon, Momiji, "The Orochi", ...).

Just ... just do it - take my money/steel god damn!

Tyrjo
07-02-2018, 07:25 AM
I think the english voice lines are really bad actually. In one instance your character is speaking latin/japanese/icelandic, only to speak in english a little bit later. It detracts from the immersion and it's a bad design choice.

Lord_Cherubi
07-02-2018, 09:27 AM
I really much enjoy the voice acting in the game. Everything except GLADIATOR. He sounds annoying as **** no matter if you're playing as male or female...

Armosias
07-02-2018, 12:58 PM
The reason those lines won't happen:
As stated in a den, the process of creating new lines for our heroes does not imply giving them the identity of story mode characters. Runa is A Valkyrie, not THE Valkyrie, same stands for Siv. Although those lines are really fun this could lead to confusion for For Honor's lore.

S4k4b4at0u
07-02-2018, 02:27 PM
Well, for me it would be best if I could choose a voiceset from the previously avaialable - default, Apolyon, and some more. Best if the "yarrrr" type for vikings, stoic-crystalclear english for knights, and grumpy-Mifune for Samurais - also to be set by player choice, and not by faction.

I would also have some more voice-emotes for a mixed keybinds - like shift+F, or G, or alt+F or G on keyboard.

My personal preference: the "valhalla!!!" roar for every viking that could be applied to a jump/fall/rain kill command. Just picture it: you jump on your enemy from above with the valhalla roar, or even the other for other factions, like "Banzai!, or "Morieris!".

Fairemont
07-02-2018, 03:02 PM
I think the english voice lines are really bad actually. In one instance your character is speaking latin/japanese/icelandic, only to speak in english a little bit later. It detracts from the immersion and it's a bad design choice.

People can be multi-lingual.

Tyrjo
07-02-2018, 04:09 PM
People can be multi-lingual.

True, but I feel it would be more immersive if what we only heard came from the same language. It would be more "in character" so to speak.