PDA

View Full Version : Speed up and drive faster with keyboard

Nafiganza
07-01-2018, 04:49 PM
hiho,

has anyone noticed that one accelerates faster with the keyboard than with the gamepad? and not only that, the final speed is also higher with keyboard.

with my current car straight on:

keyboard: 200kmh in 12sec and 260kmh in 23sec.

ps4 gamepad: 200kmh in 23sec. and 260kmh is not possible before the track is over on which I have tried.

I've always wondered why the AI in road racing is always so fast and I tried keyboard once and then I noticed that.

mfg

GoergMZB
07-01-2018, 06:01 PM
Checked on base 1969 Camaro RS. Same times with keyboard and xBox gamepad emulation (Steam controller with GloSC, coz Uplay dont support SC).

Nafiganza
07-01-2018, 06:22 PM
I found out that if I set the gamepad option throttle pedal tension to 0%, I can give gas as with the keyboard. I set this option to 100% then you give so little gas that you turn very late in the second gear.

Angel_Unit_55
07-05-2018, 01:22 PM
This needs more visibility, as I've had the same feelings as OP regarding difficulty.

Ubi-Mullac
07-05-2018, 02:21 PM
Thanks for reporting this, I have passed this on to the dev team. Does this happen in any specific class of race/vehicle? Or is it for everything?

- Cheers

Angel_Unit_55
07-05-2018, 03:56 PM
Seems to happen at the very least in Street Race, but the way OP phrased it, it could happen in any of the on-road racing disciplines.

SairAerwyn
07-05-2018, 05:16 PM
Clamping is what is causing your controller to 'feel' like the keyboard. 0 Clamping means that it is going to hit max imput immediatly, vs the 100 clamping would give your trigger it's full range of motion. What I'm wondering is if your controller is acting like it's only doing 75% max throttle even though you are holding it down, which means when you adjust clamping all the sudden it's better (but you can't hold the gas at 20% or 50% since it acts like holding a key on a keyboard)

Does this seem more like what OP is experiencing?

Angel_Unit_55
07-05-2018, 06:40 PM
Clamping is what is causing your controller to 'feel' like the keyboard. 0 Clamping means that it is going to hit max imput immediatly, vs the 100 clamping would give your trigger it's full range of motion. What I'm wondering is if your controller is acting like it's only doing 75% max throttle even though you are holding it down, which means when you adjust clamping all the sudden it's better (but you can't hold the gas at 20% or 50% since it acts like holding a key on a keyboard)

Does this seem more like what OP is experiencing?
Now that you've mentioned it, I went back and re-tested; there was no difference at max for me, and maybe this is what really happens for OP.

Ubi-Rich
07-06-2018, 04:52 PM
Hey!

Would you all mind sharing what type of keyboards you're using? Also, can you share exactly what you did when you carried out these tests? Were you pressing the controllers analog trigger full length? Or could it be that your controller might be faulty?

Thanks for any information you can give us!

ARHZ201
07-07-2018, 12:49 PM
striker TE with a key board throttle is eather on or off when you push the key it is at 100% there is no mid throttle