PDA

View Full Version : Alt + Tab causes low contrast

JustusL.M.
07-01-2018, 12:54 AM
Whenever I use Alt + Tab to switch out of the game and then switch back by using Alt + Tab again or clicking the icon in the Windows taskbar, the contrast is for some reason very low. It looks as though the game was in HDR mode, but I do not have an HDR display and Windows isn't set to HDR (and before pressing Alt + Tab it looks just fine).
This looks very unpleasant and the only way to get it back to normal is to restart the game, which essentially means that every time I need to use another application, even if it's just for ten seconds, I will need to restart the game to do it.
I tried to capture this using screenshots, but making them thorugh uplay with F12 the difference wasn't visible, however I am certain it is there.
Perhaps this can be recreated and examined.

UbiGabrinth
07-01-2018, 01:11 AM
Please see if this issue persists when changing to another screen option such as windowed fullscreen.

JustusL.M.
07-02-2018, 10:17 PM
After a bit more testing, this is what I figured out:
-the issue won't always come up, but when it does, it is previously noticeable that the icon of the running game in the taskbar is incorrect (it shows a generic icon instead of the The Crew 2 icon). Also, it will have some trouble switching back to the game, it only works if I try it twice
-when the issue comes up, it is only in fullscreen mode, borderless and regular windowed mode look just fine. Additionally, the display sometimes does weird things when switching to fullscreen mode while the issue is ocurring, which leads me to believe it is actually switching to HDR mode even though the display does not support it.