PDA

View Full Version : Crashes (possible fix)1

Kjeks2k
06-30-2018, 10:35 PM
If you are getting crashes without error and the game just freezes and u cant alt + f4 and you are using a wireless controller, thje controller might be the issue.
What fixed it for me was to just switch batteries on the controller and eveyrthing went back to normal.

UbiGabrinth
07-01-2018, 12:35 AM
Thanks for telling us. If you switch back to the old batteries, does the issue happen again?

Kjeks2k
07-02-2018, 04:30 PM
Thanks for telling us. If you switch back to the old batteries, does the issue happen again?

Dont know, haven't tried it yet.

LimsDes
07-02-2018, 08:58 PM
I confirm. After changing the batteries on the controller or connecting it to the wire (Xbox One Controller with bluetooth), the crashes disappear.

LimsDes
07-03-2018, 09:43 AM
UPD. The game is still crashing with new batteries. With wire this didn't appear yet.

Ubi-Baron
07-03-2018, 02:15 PM
Were they fully charged batteries/straight out of the packet batteries?

It sounds then like it might be an issue with the BlueTooth connection. Have you tried un-pairing and pairing the controller again?

Thank you

OrbWeaver73
07-08-2018, 11:40 PM
there is an issue with the Xbox one controller for sure, I was getting random hard crashes within 10 minutes - 2 hours of play so I decided to try an Xbox 360 wireless controller and have gone over 20 hours without a single crash now.

Dryminator
07-09-2018, 02:46 AM
I seriously doubt it being anything to do with the controller, but hey, maybe our issues are different. I have tracked my freezes to be directly related to very high CPU loads. And since I can play just fine in 30FPS mode using the Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 for hours and hours, I seriously doubt that the thing that causes no issues for me is the issue.

LimsDes
07-09-2018, 10:33 AM
All batteries is fully charged. On this moment it apperas on both of batteries, with wired connection and on keyboard too with 60fps lock. The only solution i found is set high priority in task manager.

OrbWeaver73
07-09-2018, 11:41 AM
This is about the game hard crashing and locking up the PC, I think your issue is different to this. I was using the Xbox one controller both wireless and wired and getting hard crashes every time I played. I now play with the XBox 360 controller and over 20 hours of play not a single crash.

Ubi-Mullac
07-09-2018, 01:22 PM
Hey guys,

Can you please uninstall and reinstall the Xbox One controller driver.

Also, can you try running the game through a different windows profile with the Xbox One controller?

- Cheers

R3537L1F3
07-10-2018, 12:36 AM
This is about the game hard crashing and locking up the PC, I think your issue is different to this. I was using the Xbox one controller both wireless and wired and getting hard crashes every time I played. I now play with the XBox 360 controller and over 20 hours of play not a single crash.

I have a wired Xbox 360 controller (I have no wireless ones) and still get the crash

Keeezer
07-10-2018, 06:51 AM
Assuming your computer is up to the required specs & your GPU is updated (mine is at 398.36).

With the help of another post here I was able to solve my crashing by switching my in-game video settings from "fullscreen" to "windowed-borderless" @ (1920X1080/60fps).

My Specs

i56600k
Windows 10
1060(6GB)
16GB RAM

Hope that helps you and anyone else.

R3537L1F3
07-10-2018, 12:40 PM
Assuming your computer is up to the required specs & your GPU is updated (mine is at 398.36).

With the help of another post here I was able to solve my crashing by switching my in-game video settings from "fullscreen" to "windowed-borderless" @ (1920X1080/60fps).

My Specs

i56600k
Windows 10
1060(6GB)
16GB RAM

Hope that helps you and anyone else.

With the exception of the processor (I have the i3-8350k) I have the same setup so I'll give that a shot and report back my findings tonight.

Nacobo
07-10-2018, 11:34 PM
i have a problem with the game keeps crashing. i get past the main menu into the game and once the first race starts it crashes. longest i have come is to the first corner of the race. tryed to disconnect ps3 contoller (wired) and use only keyboard, tryed with newest versjon of nvidia drive, tryed downgrading to nvidia driver 397, tryed with borderless, tyed to set video settings to medium and it still keeps crashing. pc spec is win7 64, amd fx8950, 32gb 2400mhz ram (tuned at 2133mhz) and gtx1080ti. please help.

Ubi-Mullac
07-11-2018, 11:53 AM
i have a problem with the game keeps crashing. i get past the main menu into the game and once the first race starts it crashes. longest i have come is to the first corner of the race. tryed to disconnect ps3 contoller (wired) and use only keyboard, tryed with newest versjon of nvidia drive, tryed downgrading to nvidia driver 397, tryed with borderless, tyed to set video settings to medium and it still keeps crashing. pc spec is win7 64, amd fx8950, 32gb 2400mhz ram (tuned at 2133mhz) and gtx1080ti. please help.

Hey man,

Can you please create a ticket on our support site with your dxdiag and msinfo: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000026442/Submit-Dxdiag-and-Msinfo/

We will be able to investigate further.

- Cheers

joridiculous
07-11-2018, 09:40 PM
I have played this game for quite a few hours and the first "crash" happened to day. Game just hung on loading back from maps screen..
Back to topic: I play with a Wireless Xbox one controller (and the Bluetooth dongle). No issues. Today it ran out of power, nothing happened in game except for 0 control (duh!) ,until i hooked the power cable to the pad to charge the battery, and resumed playing like nothing happened.

R3537L1F3
07-12-2018, 02:06 AM
So going borderless windows did not help for me. I also monitored my CPU and GPU (since some are saying that a spike in CPU causes it) and at no point did it hit 100% (or even past 80%) usage in either before crashing. I'm gonna try doing the support ticket but this is very aggravating when a game that ran perfectly during betas suddenly is unplayable. I've gotten further in 3 days of beta than I've gotten in, what it's been a week now since release?

keyonee90
07-12-2018, 04:25 PM
I started to crash in the middle of turning/driving (using a Logitech G29 wheel which is on the supported list for the game).

What i have read up on is the Force Feedback being the issue. Testing this theory, i disabled Force Feedback. Sure enough i played for a solid 30-45 min without a single crash. Before, it would crash 5-10 minutes in, Force Feedback would act up, and then the game would crash.

I also played for a good hour with my xbox one controller, no issues.

Sucks that i purchased a supported peripheral to deal with crashes.

Note: I did not experience any issues whatsoever during closed and open beta.

InstaFaceTweet
07-14-2018, 03:03 AM
I use a wired xb360 controller and my game is freezing when it wants to. Right now i ended the Drift Event Terminal E and just when i picked the loot drums it froze.

There isnt even a pattern to it, i can play for 30mins or i can play for like 8 hours, it crashed after races (at the end of a race, still in event mode RACE), in the Photomode and mostly in freedrive.

I have this problem since the open beta, closed Beta was fine but then Ivory changed something and since they sell the game with the same base as the open Beta it stays unstable

Dryminator
07-14-2018, 03:49 AM
This is towards all the people who have complained here. Can you guys check your MSINFO files (WIndows Error Reporting section) if you notice any repeating errors around the times the game freezes for you. When the issue affects me, Windows does log a totally generic error that does not tell me anything, which is visible in MSINFO. Just press Windows + R and write msinfo32 .

For me these freezes are logged like this (this is from the exported .txt MSINFO log):

https://i.imgur.com/59ZacDy.png

The two codes after "ID:" correspond to empty spaces, so no actual error code of any kind is given. This place can tell you what they mean: http://www.endmemo.com/unicode/ascii.php

R3537L1F3
07-14-2018, 08:01 PM
I found a temporary solution but it would only work with people in the Geforce Now beta. It streams the game as it is played on a maxed out system and I had no crashes. But it's still a beta and lagy at times. However, until a proper fix is found I will have to stream it :(

Dryminator
07-15-2018, 08:55 AM
I found a temporary solution but it would only work with people in the Geforce Now beta. It streams the game as it is played on a maxed out system and I had no crashes. But it's still a beta and lagy at times. However, until a proper fix is found I will have to stream it :(

30 FPS mode does not work for you?

Tintinus-FR
07-23-2018, 10:49 PM
30 FPS, windowed-borderless, wired Xbox One controller, I still have crashes