PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator's zone attack

Fanalis_
06-30-2018, 05:33 PM
When gladiator users his zone attack, the only way to avoid it would be to dodge, naturally. But after the first part of the zone attack he then hits you with his trident, the one that actually does damage. So, am i to wait for the first hit to make the second hit guaranteed or dodge and still get hit. Truly ridiculous. I cant dodge-attack as a ****ing highlander so please enlighten me.

Cyroy95
06-30-2018, 10:48 PM
As a Gladiator main, I have to say it's the safest move in his kit without a doubt. However it does come out rather slow. I'm not familiar with the Highlander, but try intercepting it with your fastest attack.

Erhanninja
07-01-2018, 02:17 AM
If you get hit with the first attack (shield bash) second hit is guaranteed unless he cancels it into something else like GB.

You need to dodge the first attack and wait for parry on the second unless he cancels it like I said.

With recent dodge recovery update I believe every hero can dodge it. I just watched a video Shugoki dodging it.

As HL I think you can dodge into offensive stance into kick into top heavy.

Cyroy95
07-01-2018, 03:59 AM
If you get hit with the first attack (shield bash) second hit is guaranteed unless he cancels it into something else like GB.

You need to dodge the first attack and wait for parry on the second unless he cancels it like I said.

With recent dodge recovery update I believe every hero can dodge it. I just watched a video Shugoki dodging it.

As HL I think you can dodge into offensive stance into kick into top heavy.

Second hit is not a guarntee and can be blocked.

Hormly
07-01-2018, 05:16 AM
I would encourage all glad to exploit thus broken move to the utmost extreme as it will hasten it's inevitable and we'll deserved nerf.

Inarguably one of the games most op moves

Trenk2009
07-01-2018, 04:50 PM
However it does come out rather slow.

600ms out of neutral with no gb vulnerabilty frame.... Just how the **** do you define "slow" exactly ?

EvoX.
07-01-2018, 05:43 PM
However it does come out rather slow.

Phaha, what?

Charmzzz
07-02-2018, 07:41 AM
Alright, nerf the current worst hero besides Valk. Do it. Make him even worse than he is (~45% Winrate in Duels and Dominion is even worse). I have seen people like you on here, I encouraged one of them to play Glad against me and I wrecked him with literally every pick (Warden, PK, Glad mirror).

Dodge the Bash (600ms is pretty easy, not like WL Headbutt or Conq SB @500ms), then wait for the parry. If he cancels the hit - he lost half his Stamina. Now attack him cause he is sh*t in defending with that 500ms Guard...

Btw his Zone is only good in Duels, in 1vX Fights it is pretty meh because you rarely get the second hit because of an interrupt. Your bash will only hit one person, the followup has a small arc. Look at Nobushi or Kensei Zone - they hit almost 360 @600ms / 500ms for the same Damage on the first hit.

He will get buffed, Ubi already confirmed that in the last Season Recap.

Vakris_One
07-02-2018, 10:26 AM
When gladiator users his zone attack, the only way to avoid it would be to dodge, naturally. But after the first part of the zone attack he then hits you with his trident, the one that actually does damage. So, am i to wait for the first hit to make the second hit guaranteed or dodge and still get hit. Truly ridiculous. I cant dodge-attack as a ****ing highlander so please enlighten me.
If you dodged the bash you can block or parry his trident hit unless he feints out of it in which case he's burned a lot of stamina.