PDA

View Full Version : Do you think it is too easy?

pieman167
06-30-2018, 03:08 PM
Hello, I just want to ask if you guys think this game will be harder when it is released, because from the demo this game seems a bit too easy. I hope they either make it harder with smarter AI or at least add difficulty levels for us to choose.

Moreover, for the conquest battles, it doesn't feel much like 150 vs 150, it doesn't feel like real war, i believe if they make enemies attack you from everywhere and put some chaos in there and not just pick your target and kill him while everyone else ignores you, then that would be a lot of fun

In addition, when you are knocked down, the animation of standing up is way too fast in my opinion, you should be slower at standing up because for now whenever you are knocked down, you just roll away as if nothing happened and there isn't this feel to it that you are on the ground and you should be worried, even though there should be

Thank you for reading this!
Looking forward for playing the game!

gordon677
06-30-2018, 05:27 PM
It's always too easy in demos, they make it that way. The game will be more of a challenge on release. I bet the difficulty will be the same as in Origins. I put yes cuz as I said in the demo it's made to be easy.

MnemonicSyntax
06-30-2018, 05:51 PM
I'm guessing you didn't see Giant Attack Bear.

Slimgrin
06-30-2018, 08:49 PM
I'm guessing you didn't see Giant Attack Bear.

This. The elephant sized bear looked pretty bad ***.

topeira1980
07-01-2018, 10:29 AM
the E3 demo was definitely too easy. it takes more than 10 hits to kill the player and i only saw ONE player die in the demo even though almost everyone played as if they never played AC:O before.

And just because the bear was hard doesnt mean the game will be. having 1% of the enemies tough is really not enough to make a game fun for me.

I just really hope that like origins - there will be difficult settings. if, again, they go back to a game without difficulty setting i will simply not buy the game. tailoring a game to my challenge is super important to me.

ChasUGC1
07-01-2018, 12:47 PM
I don't know why I feel that Origins was too easy. But, I do feel that way. Maybe its because I played it so much that I developed easy attack and assassination strategies. I can only talk about Origins, because Odyssey isn't really out yet. The hard difficulty in Origins was really just a medium difficulty. The medium difficulty in Origins felt exactly the same as the easy difficulty. I guess I will try nightmare, although, I'm not sure it will even be realistic. I am playing through Origins on regular hard now, after playing it on easy, medium and game plus hard.
The AI in Origins was actually pretty good. I liked how the guards would talk to each other and make it difficult not to alert the other guards.
I liked how some bandits in Origins would spot you really easy, making it near impossible to assassinate them.
I wish I could think of something realistic to make the game more of a challenge. One idea is that I don't think its realistic to assassinate a guard with an arrow to the head when they have metal helmets, and many of them had helmets in Origins. So, maybe you could have metal balls on arrows that could knock out guards with helmets, or really daze them, and give you a short amount of time to assassinate them up close. But, then if you don't get close, the guard would automatically alert the whole Garrison. It should be the same for any failed assassination attempt. I don't think its realistic for a guard to chase after you when he could easily just alert the whole garrison right away. This would be more of a challenge, because one mistake would create a growing mess. Then, if you ran away from that challenge, any guards that were assassinated would be replaced and additional reinforcements would come to the area as well. Additional red flame guards could also start searching through the whole town for you. So, you would have to leave the entire town. And, if any guard saw you during your garrison attack, he will know you anywhere. The game could have red flame on those guards, even if they move to another town. So, if one red flame guard is in a group of four guards, they are all a serious danger to you. The Lion AI was awesome though and so was the Hyena's. The animals seemed smarter than the humans. Sure, the animals have better senses, but the guards, in comparison, seemed kind of stupid.
I think another good idea is a distance diversion. You could throw something to distract a guard to separate them for an assassination. Once the guard goes to the idea of the noise, they would start to search the area where the distraction may have come from. This way, if guards are facing each other from a distance, you could break their line of sight. A small popping smoke bomb would do the trick. I didn't like how a fire bomb worked in Origins. If you threw one, the guards would come directly to you, even if they didn't see what direction it came from. The arrow shooting distance for assassination wasn't realistic either. These are arrows not marksmen rifles.
So, I think the guard AI and arrow usage could have been better in some areas and more realistic in other areas.

I also didn't like the poison and the sleep darts. They aren't realistic. One idea could have been a paint bomb tipped arrow.
If you threw one into a fire, it could have temporarily blinded the guards. And, if any survived, they would alert the whole garrison.
You could shoot one at one guard, who couldn't see you, and this would give you a short amount of time to assassinate the guard facing him, who would walk to that guard and then turn around and come after you, if you didn't get to him first from behind.

Another idea is a blinding liquid bomb or liquid acid bomb, that would last longer than a paint bomb arrow. But, it would take a bit of time for the guard to get paint out of his eyes. So, you could have a ticking clock.

MnemonicSyntax
07-01-2018, 10:45 PM
the E3 demo was definitely too easy. it takes more than 10 hits to kill the player and i only saw ONE player die in the demo even though almost everyone played as if they never played AC:O before.

And just because the bear was hard doesnt mean the game will be. having 1% of the enemies tough is really not enough to make a game fun for me.

I just really hope that like origins - there will be difficult settings. if, again, they go back to a game without difficulty setting i will simply not buy the game. tailoring a game to my challenge is super important to me.

The bear was hard because there wasn't proper planning. It was also multiple levels above the player character.

I really don't know why you would even consider not having a difficulty level, considering it's been something that has been widely requested before Origins and has been widely received by everyone. Sure, there are some that think even with other difficulties like Nightmare the game is still too easy, but I can't speak for them because "Hard" is just too difficult for me.

Frag_Maniac
07-02-2018, 03:47 AM
I would definitely say too easy if you can dodge swords, spears, and arrows without a shield. It's like the hero is more Sorcerer then Spartan. I mean hell, he's even more capable than Achilles in the movie Troy, whom used a shield, and he was a demigod.

Grayfox-87-
07-02-2018, 05:48 AM
I Remember if start to Play Origins - the Problem with these Level System is allways that you have a lot to Explore into this BIG OPEN WORLD and a lot of Quests, which meens if you do all these side things (explore - Side Mission - Kill Enemys etc..) you are allways to Overleveld if you start the Main Quests - (That was my Opinion) and that was the Reason why i Stopt to play Origins!

I have wait for the Level Scalling System (for Enemys) and i will also Wait in Odyssey for it!
IMO they should impant these System from Beginning!

Enemy Level Scaling System 1+

Swailing
07-02-2018, 02:19 PM
Origins was easy if you only approached missions once you reached the indicated level. It was much more interesting if you didn't wait and just went for the harder challenges, which were still eminently doable even if you were severely under-levelled.

However, I'm not a fan of enemy scaling. I'm not sure what the point even is of a levelling system if you're just going to see your enemies matched to you anyway. It's fine if the player becomes powerful and then occasionally encounters areas they've missed that they can dominate easily. That's the only way to express how powerful you've become.

So, I hope Odyssey is like a fine-tuned Origins, and only allows you to be devastating in combat if you are paying close attention. I hope it's not like Dynasty Warriors.

topeira1980
07-02-2018, 02:46 PM
I Remember if start to Play Origins - the Problem with these Level System is allways that you have a lot to Explore into this BIG OPEN WORLD and a lot of Quests, which meens if you do all these side things (explore - Side Mission - Kill Enemys etc..) you are allways to Overleveld if you start the Main Quests - (That was my Opinion) and that was the Reason why i Stopt to play Origins!

I have wait for the Level Scalling System (for Enemys) and i will also Wait in Odyssey for it!
IMO they should impant these System from Beginning!

Enemy Level Scaling System 1+

i heard in one of the E3 videos of Odyssey that level scaling will be implemented on day one, so you (and me) should be happy.

Regarding difficulty of Origins - Making the most simple enemies take 10 hits before dying but making bayek die from 4 hits is not a proper way to make the game hard.
I think that how easy it was to die in origins never truly made the game feel difficult because dying had no consequence. You just spawned 20 meters away to try again.
And the game was also very easy because enemies were very slow (easy to dodge and counter) and because health would regen pretty fast during combat and out of combat.

In odyssey to heal you need to spend adrenaline, which is a nice twist.
But the other reasons that the game feels very easy are not likely to be addressed or changed.

Grayfox-87-
07-02-2018, 03:13 PM
i heard in one of the E3 videos of Odyssey that level scaling will be implemented on day one, so you (and me) should be happy.

Where you got this from?

AnimusLover
07-02-2018, 03:33 PM
Origins was easy if you only approached missions once you reached the indicated level. It was much more interesting if you didn't wait and just went for the harder challenges, which were still eminently doable even if you were severely under-levelled.

Exactly. Once you introduce a levelling system the game is as hard or as easy as you make it. You don't need a difficulty mode.

However, I'm not a fan of enemy scaling. I'm not sure what the point even is of a levelling system if you're just going to see your enemies matched to you anyway. It's fine if the player becomes powerful and then occasionally encounters areas they've missed that they can dominate easily. That's the only way to express how powerful you've become.

I'm the same way. I think enemy scaling defeats the sense of accomplishment a player gets from all that work. It's nice to see how far you've come, to know that a Legendary Feral Ghoul you once killed you can now take in 2 hits. It also makes farming less of a pain. It reminds me of people who turn the difficulty up in Fallout when they become more adept. Why? The entire point is that you go from a wanderer to a survivor to the hero of the wasteland. It's nice for the wasteland to feel like this vast, overwhelming mystery at first but by the end it should start to feel more like home, it shows a journey, an arc. I've got enemy scaling on for my Nightmare mode on New Game Plus but that's because I am all geared up, I can go anywhere on the map and am not limited by level and I have pre-knowledge from my first playthrough so it makes sense that enemy scaling is on to provide me with a challenge.

topeira1980
07-02-2018, 06:19 PM
regarding level scaling - if the difference between levels is just damage input and output than it's a super lazy solution to a complex problem.
having more health and damage in a melee combat game makes sense to a very limited degree. being twice more powerful is OK, but in games like AC its being 10 times more powerful.
There is no logic to having the exact same enemy type do 20 times more damage to the player than the player to him just because of levels.
So this is a game like concept and i get it, but a good game will solve it on a deeper level.

A good combat system can make a high level player feel powerful because of the improved tools (skills or weapons) he has. Look at Shadow of War, which has one of the best combat systems ever created in a game. The scaling in gear in this game is not that great. when you are high level you dont one-shot everyone... or anyone. at least not on the harder difficulty settings. HOWEVER, you feel very powerful without being OP because you have all the skills you unlocked as you played that you can use in tendum and those skills you unlock allow you to handle more situations with ease. You never feel undefeatable. you never feel like you dont need to parry and dodge and know what you are doing. You are powerful only if you know how to play the game. again, at least on the harder difficulties like HARD, BRUTAL or Gravewalker. THAT'S how you make a great combat system.

In AC:O if you are high level you can be crappy and fight like it's the first time you ever touched a controller and dominate enemies 5 levels below you. IMO, thats a lazy combat design.

But the leveling system also comes to give a reason to the gear system which also needs a reason to exist.
I have solutions and better ways to make gear matter also without OPing the player and enemies but that's not the topic of this reply.

Now, Players divide into two main types - those who want to feel progress and those who want to feel challenged. These two types can never agree on a leveling system because being powerful means you feel like you progressed, but usually feel under challenged. Only rare games can gracefuly balance this notion (I.E. - shadow of war).
The ability to scale enemies is a half solution to this disparity of opinions.
A full solution is an OPTIONAL complete level scaling where high level enemies scale down too. This means that you are always fairly challenged and the growth you feel is the new skills you gain. And getting new weapons and armor is more like having your older gear degrade over use and you needing to find new one that is still in mint condition to keep up with the ever-stronger enemies.
upscale-downscale scaling solution only works for ppl who love a challenge and players who prefer to feel progress with feel its against everything they believe in.

And another thing - the reason a game doesnt feel hard is because there are no consequences to dying. so even if a game IS hard and you died 4 times during the same mission - you dont even feel like you were challenged if all you lost was 2 minutes of your time. death is just something you shrug off and it means nothing. you dont get an adrenaline rush in a game like AC because you dont care if you die or succeed.
A game like State of Decay 2 isn't hard, but death means something so you DO feel challenged because you NOTICE when things get a bit rough. that's when adrenaline DOES boil in your veins even though the game is easy.

AnimusLover
07-02-2018, 11:23 PM
I think Horizon Zero Dawn got the balance right too. I've only ever played it once on normal. By level 35 I felt like a capable hunter against the stronger robots but never OP. (I never acquired that special outfit everyone seemed to get either)