PDA

View Full Version : Failed to join mission, you will play alone

Bobib1231
06-30-2018, 01:26 PM
When I try to join my friend in a storyline mission, it will just stay black-screen and tell me: "Failed to join mission, you will play alone". Why does this happen, we have tried eeverything.

kurosaruo
07-13-2018, 02:52 PM
Me and my friends have the same problem, We cannot play togeter anymore, but could on the day we bought the game. I can play fine with 1 friend, but not 2.

Please send help

Dryminator
07-13-2018, 11:11 PM
So far the only issue I have found with Co-op is when you add someone to your friendlist via UPlay while the person is in-game. In most cases the crew joining and game joining does not work. Once players have restarted their game applications, it starts working fine. I've had no issues with 2-3 player coop (have not tested 4 players yet).

Can you provide some additional details what you are trying to do that does not work?

Also, please note that the final missions in each family (where you unlock the ultimate vehicle) are solo missions and cannot be completed in coop.

UbiGabrinth
07-14-2018, 02:08 AM
One important note is to determine who can play with who in your situation. If you are able to play with one friend, but you cannot play with both players, see if those two players can play together. There may be a connection issue between those players, especially if one has a strict NAT type.

Tex_Hexonian
07-14-2018, 07:54 PM
We had that too. Interesting fact is, that we played together without problems on first day after buying. Then starting the next day, only 2 of us could play missions together. As soon as we get the 3rd player involved we all get kicked. Sometimes even the crew gets disbanded. Interestingly enough the friend with the problems is listed as NAT type open. We all three have green NAT type open, two of us can play, as soon as the third is involved in whatever combination, it doesn't work. He got all ports forwarded, everything checked in the firewall. But it just doesn't work. So why would it work one day for hours, and then suddenly not at all anymore? Bought the game specifically for multiplayer, so any help would be appreciated.