PDA

View Full Version : Revenge is a joke

pzea_469
06-30-2018, 11:48 AM
I seriously don't get it. How do you have a game that seems to really want to be competitive and skill based, and then you throw in a ridiculous Revenge mechanic to artificially swing fights in your favor? I get that people don't like losing to more than one opponent and think it's unfair, but seriously? Even 1v1 battles become coin flips where you are about to win the fight only for the enemy to get Revenge right then and there and insta counter your attack and kill you. This makes 4v4 matches ridiculous where revenge is being gained all over the place almost instantly, not to mention the stupid armor stats building Revenge as well.

What's the point of it anyways? You're not supposed to consistently win 1v2 or 1v3 battles. It's already possible to do without Revenge, just very hard, and Dominion already punishes bunching up by having points to take. It's really sad that Revenge is in this game and I can't believe that this last patch actually buffed it significantly. Since it seems to be here to stay and people apparently love this silly mechanic, can we at least keep it out of Brawl? That mode already doesn't have feats or armor stats. Can we please just finish making it competitive by removing Revenge completely from it?

Mirage6201
06-30-2018, 02:51 PM
Ive posted a lot that we needed to buff defense of revenge and majorly decrease the attack. So far they did the first now Iím waiting for the latter. Decreasing attack kills its advantage in even fights. It should only be used to survive ganks longer. I think they should buff defense more with all the cc in 4s.

Protos_88
06-30-2018, 02:56 PM
revange is f joke for slow class with 0 aoe animations. Higlander can kill 4 with 2 move, Warden 2 with 10 moves?

Devils-_-legacy
06-30-2018, 03:16 PM
revange is f joke for slow class with 0 aoe animations. Higlander can kill 4 with 2 move, Warden 2 with 10 moves?
Tbf warden still hasn't been reworked he's one of the few classes that havnt catched up yet( Valk,Shug,warlord)

ArmoredChocobo
06-30-2018, 03:23 PM
I like how OP cites that Dominon discourages deathballs while being THE mode where most deathballs happen, and are quite effective.

By ďlikeĒ I mean I question if he knows wtf heís talking about..

Protos_88
06-30-2018, 03:55 PM
Tbf warden still hasn't been reworked he's one of the few classes that havnt catched up yet( Valk,Shug,warlord)

yea f nice i will wait next 6 month for rework becouse they need to prepare next s pass. f that and ppl who work on the balance. They have 0 talent and brain

Devils-_-legacy
06-30-2018, 04:38 PM
yea f nice i will wait next 6 month for rework becouse they need to prepare next s pass. f that and ppl who work on the balance. They have 0 talent and brain

They have done a lot of reworks/changes just to balance it out but yes they have left some heros in the dust like warden for a ****ing long time (Valk,Shug,warlord) but I'm sure they will bring them to a viable level at s7 now we have a new fraction for October or there will be making a mistake imo but to say they have 0 talent and brain is pushing it as ive only returned for the shoalin and breach mode

Knight_Raime
06-30-2018, 05:55 PM
It's easy to play around revenge and bait activations in order to avoid being knocked down. Problem is 90% of players just spam attacks in a group fight without coordination or setting things up for an ally to maximize punishes. Heck most players don't even know how to properly lock on in fights.

We.the.North
06-30-2018, 06:18 PM
It's easy to play around revenge and bait activations in order to avoid being knocked down.

But is it fun ?? No, especially given the amount of punish someone can do while his target gets knocked down. The fact it also negates half of heroes' kit (no Shinobi kick, no Shinobi frontroll kick, no valk sweep, etc.) is also ******ed.

Does it breaks your immersion ?? Yes, it makes no sense for your whole team to suddenly back away from someone about to go super sayien.

I't Dominion ffs. Crowd Control and teamwork should be the way to play. Adding CC immunity to revenge is like telling players you dont want them to coordinate and gank someone.

It. Is. Dumb. Revenge is dumb.

Devils-_-legacy
06-30-2018, 06:27 PM
But is it fun ?? No, especially given the amount of punish someone can do while his target gets knocked down. The fact it also negates half of heroes' kit (no Shinobi kick, no Shinobi frontroll kick, no valk sweep, etc.) is also ******ed.

Does it breaks your immersion ?? Yes, it makes no sense for your whole team to suddenly back away from someone about to go super sayien.

I't Dominion ffs. Crowd Control and teamwork should be the way to play. Adding CC immunity to revenge is like telling players you dont want them to coordinate and gank someone.

Someone could say the same with some cc moves certain ones gives a gank a massive punish

Wasnt it ment To give a player a chance by using revenge to regroup or stall till a team mate can help? it may be dominon but I don't think they intended to give gank no counters that's how I see revenge
the only dumb part of revenge for me is rewarding someone for bad play eg from revenge gain from being hurt

Vakris_One
06-30-2018, 06:33 PM
This thread is hilarious

Knight_Raime
06-30-2018, 07:32 PM

It's not fun to be cced either. But cc exists in hero based games to keep power in check. Just because something isn't fun doesn't mean it's automatically a problem.
saying it negates certain heros kits by a significant amount is not only hyperbolic but also not revenges problem. The three heros you mentioned have bad kits and should be made to be better. Not nerfing a mechanic that doesn't cause their kit to be garbage.

There are plenty of things in this game that "don't make sense." Such talk is not a point in discussion of balance. Which this is.
Adding CC immunity makes sense because of the amount of CC that exists in this game. If revenge didn't ignore CC then revenge would basically mean nothing.
And again hyperbolic. You can coordinate with your team without using CC. Good example is having an ally getting parried by the revenge person so shinobi can get a free ranged GB for sickle rain.

It's not. You're just throwing a fit.

Arekonator
06-30-2018, 07:39 PM
If i could see enemy revenge bar under enemy stamina bar, it would be all i need for happines.

TheTool85
06-30-2018, 08:06 PM
I really don't know if revenge, supported by gear stats, is meant as a solution or answer to the ganking we all face in 4vs4...
If so, i have to ask why the devs did not implement a 4th zone in dominion for example? I mean.. 4 players, against other 4, you know...
And why didn't they just connect the 4 feats in a 4vs4 directly to these zones?
Like : you want to unlock your catapult? Go and hold zone D for a couple of minutes!
IMO it would be also an anti gank thing, if points are ONLY achieved if the zone is occupied by someone of your team. Or, at least, you need to hold a zone for let's say 1 minute till minions arrive or something...

Revenge is a usefull tool, to hold a point till help arrives, but as soon as you can prepare your hero with gear stats as a revenge trigger, it is just as bad as light spam, unblockables spam and ganking itself.
Just my opinion

Erhanninja
07-01-2018, 04:30 PM
The problem is yes we say revenge is a tool to hold out until help comes or means to get away. But itís impossible to do either when Iím constantly staggered by CC attacks. I was just fighting against a shinobi, warlord and Shaman. I couldnít even do anything against headbutt, kick and pounce. I couldnít even move. It doesnít matter even if I have 1000HP. I understand itís very hard to find a solution to this if can.