PDA

View Full Version : Buff nobushi

HypertoastHP
06-30-2018, 11:27 AM
as a nobushi mains i gotta say nobushi deserves a buff as she is useless in high levels and against broken characters such as nobushi centurion gladiator etc..
warden is no bad high levels and hes getting his buff so why not nobushi??

ChampionRuby50g
06-30-2018, 11:32 AM
“Buff Nobushi...” “useless agaisnt broken characters such as Nobushi...”

Lol what?

Cyroy95
06-30-2018, 12:22 PM
I'd say with the recent nerfes to many characters their dodge speed, her Hidden Stance and quick long reaching lights have become even more powerful tools. I think she's fine.

Fairemont
06-30-2018, 02:51 PM
According to the mods, they have no intention of updating, reworking, tweaking, or buffing Nobushi in any fashion.

Cyroy95 brings up a potentially good point, except the dodge speed nerf really only impacted 2-3 characters. Even then, no one in their right mind actually dodges Nobushi's lights. They just parry them. They are literally parry-bait.

At the same time, she just got another nerf. Her side-dodge attacks have all gotten 100 ms slower so they have basically been turned into useless droppings atop the rest of her kit.

HazelrahFirefly
06-30-2018, 04:05 PM
Absolutely needs a buff

Knight_Raime
06-30-2018, 05:58 PM
Won't happen anytime soon. They consider her to be fine because hidden stance carries her through all skill levels till you get to high tier. That and despite how she's been getting worse (for the most part) she still remains strong in 4v4. Blatently put there is no glaring evidence to the dev team that she's in dire need of an update. They need to see that her ultra defensive style has not aged well with the game and that she needs offense of her own in order to fit into For Honors new direction.

Fairemont
06-30-2018, 06:43 PM
With the loss of her dodge attacks to the recent update, her only tactics now are to either light poke to interrupt people with reflex guard, and some without, or block/parry until she can get an attack thrown at her that is safe to hidden stance and do her only combo.

She has become an extremely one-dimensional hero. Worse than shoulder bash and shield spam and stuff like that.

Erhanninja
07-01-2018, 02:22 AM
We have been waiting for a buff for months and all we kept getting is a nerf.

Even though she is bottom tier they still think she needs a nerf because of her hidden stance which is extremely stamina consuming and useless against assassins and HA heroes.

Her zone is mediocre. No HA like Kensei or instant like Kensei/Zerk - very easy punish.

Doesn't get side winder from heavy parry anymore.

Shaolin is the new Nobu/Valk.

Nobu won't be seeing any love for sure.

JadeBosson.
07-02-2018, 09:30 AM
TFW your main keeps getting nerfed and the one thing you don't use is a powerful tool

Fairemont
07-02-2018, 03:05 PM
Why are you playing Nobushi and not using Hidden Stance? 85% of her content is based off hidden stance! You lose the majority of your power that way.

Its like saying, I am conqueror but I will never once use his shield bash.

JadeBosson.
07-03-2018, 09:02 PM
any time i try to use it i get hit by more attacks or the enemy is way outta range

HazelrahFirefly
07-03-2018, 09:08 PM
any time i try to use it i get hit by more attacks or the enemy is way outta range

I agree with this. I think Hidden Stance definitely needs tweaking so that it dodges better. I am surprised by being struck while going into HS more often than it is successful. I need more experience, sure, but most other heroes I have an easier time dodging with. It just feels as if something is wrong with HS.

UbiInsulin
07-03-2018, 10:16 PM
as a nobushi mains i gotta say nobushi deserves a buff as she is useless in high levels and against broken characters such as nobushi centurion gladiator etc..
warden is no bad high levels and hes getting his buff so why not nobushi??

Any specific changes you'd like to see made?

ArmoredChocobo
07-04-2018, 01:26 AM
Why are you playing Nobushi and not using Hidden Stance? 85% of her content is based off hidden stance! You lose the majority of your power that way.

Its like saying, I am conqueror but I will never once use his shield bash.

Except shield bash doesn’t come with a hefty stamina penalty.

Fairemont
07-04-2018, 03:51 AM
Any specific changes you'd like to see made?

Start simple with all neutral lights 500ms and same damage.

Add dodge properties to sidewinder and undodgable to cobra strikes.

Sovengardian
07-06-2018, 12:46 AM

+1

She really needs some love, its disheartening to play her right now

Kryltic
07-06-2018, 06:21 AM
Something that has always bugged me since the parry changes is that any parry is treated the same in regards to the range ie parrying a Nobushi is no different to a Centurion.

An interesting and kinda odd suggestion (and by no means meant as a full fix). What if the Nobushi gained a damage reduction vs any parry punish attack as a means to give her some kind of balance for long ranged but slow, easily readable attacks?

Im not a fan of everyone getting 400ms attacks to "balance" parrying.

Erhanninja
07-06-2018, 11:44 AM
HS issues:

-Too much stamina consumption.

-Stamina starts to recover good 3-4 seconds after returning to neutral state.

-Usually getting hit by enemy's second light attack before I can launch a light attack myself.

-Kick doesn't have HA - gets interrupted easily.

-Enemy just takes a step back after seeing HS and thats it. Nothing I can do.

Her top light is as fast as Cent heavy. Slow attacks.

Fairemont
07-06-2018, 02:52 PM
Hidden stance is perfectly fine where it is. She is a defensive character and it is to be used defensively as a potent counter-attacking tool. The stamina recovery is a nuisance, but a necessary one for some an indomitable tool.

Most of these other things are learning when and where to use hidden stance and kick.

Her top light, currently, is both slower and more damaging than her side lights. It would go a long way to making her three-poke combo viable if she had more than two options for attacking with it. Other than that, Hidden Stance definitely should remain as it is. Its already on the verge of overpowered and the only reason it isn't is because Nobushi doesn't have tools to abuse it hard enough.

UbiInsulin
07-06-2018, 06:42 PM
Thanks all for getting back to me with some more detailed suggestions! :)

Kryltic
07-06-2018, 06:55 PM
Thanks all for getting back to me with some more detailed suggestions! :)

Please can you make sure that something happens to improve her? It's just with the new characters, they do what she does but bette... The fact she was "reworked"... It scares me that she has dramatically dropped since those "improvements" to her 1vs1 fights.

BTTrinity
07-06-2018, 07:33 PM

I actually like this idea more than just adding dodge properties to both moves. +1

Sovengardian
07-09-2018, 02:27 PM
These two baffle/annoy me the most (though the hefty penalty for using HS stamina wise, while some other heroes can turtle up with no such disadvantage is a strong 3rd)

First of all a lot of the times the kick gets interrupted, which is just unfair as it is her only unlockable AND doesnt do damage, it is a prelude to possible damage, but not even that is guaranteed. Compare that to Highlander that can power through enemy attacks with unlockable heavies from the attack stance doing somewhere in the ballpark of 40-50 damage each (so about half of Nobus health) and for that he only needs to right click, while Nobu has to pull several diff things to get that kick.
Another issue with the kick that i really hate is that if you start your kick at the same time as the enemy does his equivalent, you will ALWAYS lose, shinobi kick, warden shoulder, conq shieldbash all these interupt Nobushis kick, that thing that is vital for her offence.

Slow attacks. A girl in a kimono with a knife on the end of a stick attacks slower than a full plate dude with a helbard, a two handed axe wielder and a celtic burly white dude from the mountains wielding a twohander. Anyone whos had any experience with medieval weaponry will tell you that spear pokes move much faster than sword/axe/haleberd swings, if nothing for the shorter distance they have to travel (straight as opposed to sideways).
It even more absurd when you consider she has no armor, small hp pool, pathetic sidestep, but attacks slower than heroes that have all that. Also cent can uppercut you as a punishment for blicking his light, then jump on you and take of about 60% of Nobus HP, while if the whole mess starts you cant defend yourself. Compare that with nobushi that has to either land two hits, or a heavy or go into hidden stance and sacrifice a part of her stamina, just to get a kick that doesnt stun, doesnt drop you, and that leaves you open for one light or maybe a heavy attack that will do faaaar less dmg.

Sovengardian
07-09-2018, 02:29 PM
I see now i didnt get the quote in my post above, its a reply to Erhaninja mentioning kick being easy to interrupt and her top light being as slow as centurions heavy

Helnekromancer
07-09-2018, 04:36 PM
Can you guys also improve Swift Recoil? I have gotten Nobushi to Rep 50 and almost never used that move.

It makes you dash backwards after blocking an attack and it locks you into it's animation, leaving you vunerable to get hit by other people.
It's will get you killed if you are getting ganked and in a 1v1 if the person you are fighting someone who have range or a gap closer they will get a free hit off before you are out of the Swift Recoil animation.

There is almost never a good time to use this move.

*Either allow the move to be canceled into HS or make the Swift Recoil animation deflect/reduce all incoming damage until the animation is over or both?
I would love to have some options when playing Nobushi the only good mix-up she has is feinting her first light into HS but you only get that 1-2 times before it stops working.