PDA

View Full Version : For Honor Playerbase Won't Support Breach

Music_4_Therapy
06-29-2018, 11:10 PM
For Honor needs to stick to 2 Gamemodes and incentivizing ranked play. The playerbase isn't large enough to support all the different gamemodes this game has.

I am of the belief that Breach will either fail after seeing much use after the first month, perhaps sooner. Or split the playerbase further between Dominion, Duels, Brawls, Tribute, etc.... which is exactly what the game doesn't need.

The game was just given out for free and has been on sale, new players have been trying the game and little do they know that the devs are currently in the process of reworking many of the older heroes. Their first impression of this game is very important, and plays a huge part as to whether or not they stay. That's why I'm of these belief that failing to place more emphasis on maintaining 2 healthy gamemodes (Duels and Dominion) and balancing the heroes of the game and what gamemodes already exist (feats included) asap before Marching Fire should have been the priority.

CandleInTheDark
06-29-2018, 11:45 PM
Going by the number of times this has been requested I very much disagree. Yes I think it will take some population off of dominion, in fact I think it will take most of it if Breach drops in a good state. Players have wanted this mode since the beginning of the game, there have been any number of threads, posts, suggestions, game mode ideas, this is something the community wants. There are so many people that this mode would take. More xp because of the possibility of longer matches? People will take that, especially if it is not significantly longer than dominion which may be the case in lower tier if a team manages more or less a wipe. If the matches are indeed longer then that has a possibility of drawing another type of player who doesn't want to be in and out in ten minutes. Anyone who has been complaining about the objectives in dominion not meaning much? They'll go see what breach has to offer also.

It is something that players have wanted for a long time and now that the stability is in and longer matches are more a possibility, then it is the right time for it. Personally my hope is that breach takes the place of dominion in ranked and in tournaments because this is the first game mode that I look at and I think all those teams that play League of Legends and the like, they might actually take notice if the mode drops in the right state. This is possibly the most important update that Ubisoft have made to date.

As for reworks those are happening, the devs said yesterday Warden and Valk are coming in season 7, they said people will have balance changes before and after the Wu Lin. The characters that were dead bottom tier have been brought up to speed with the DLC characters, we'll have to see what they do with Warden and Valkyrie, we'll also have to see where they take other characters such as weaker DLC or the likes of Nobushi that has had a balance pass but has taken badly to it it seems but they haven't forgotten about reworks and balancing.

People keep using 'but we have new people' to try and push through getting stuff sooner, here is the thing though, I don't see any new people complaining, they are getting to grips with the game, with the characters and whether they know or not there are more reworks coming or another game mode they have plenty to be getting on with. Where I see most of the impatience is in older players who don't want to say 'but I want it now' so they bring up the fact that we have newer people and transfer their own wishes onto people who are not very vocal on the matter. That is dishonest and honestly very disrespectful to the new people coming into the game and it would be a dangerous view for the devs to take that they need to rush things through for new people. They are making ground in getting back old players and players who might be trying For Honor when it is cheap of free to see if it is still the buggy mess they have heard it is for the last year, the last thing the devs should be doing is rushing through balance changes and the like and not putting them out in a good state, especially the first ones since getting these people playing the game.

Music_4_Therapy
06-29-2018, 11:58 PM
I'm not saying rushing things is the answer, I'm saying every gamemode is new to a new player and half the gamemodes in this game are barely getting by as is. Skirmish, Deathmatch, Tribute. And the starter edition was free and I believe is now on sale, the Vanguards all need to be in a good spot balance wise and currently Raider and Warden are struggling... though Warden is getting reworked.

Either way, for Breach to succeed another gamemode will have to die. No one likes bots or long queues. For Honor has a fraction of the playerbase DotA2 has yet DotA2 focuses on 1 gamemode whereas For Honor splits it's already small playerbase between many. This can't be good.

Zombie.Face
06-30-2018, 02:27 AM
i think as long as the mode is fun people will play it. honestly i hope it will become the new dominion which im kinda getting bored of. the best mode has been the team kill modes where u get the death timer. i really hope the keep this in 2v2 and 4v4. sooooo much fun!

Mirage6201
06-30-2018, 05:12 AM
I bet it flops. People will play it first bc itís different but it will be frustrating due to the dependence of your teammates. People will go back to dominion.

pzea_469
06-30-2018, 06:51 AM
I think Breach has a good shot at taking over Dominion as the most popular game mode. The attack and defend mode really fits For Honor and it's a lot easier to understand than Dominion. My only concern is the King. The way the King works will make or break this mode, at least when it comes to taking seriously as a competitive mode. I wish they just gave the mode a more static and consistent final objective.

ViciousOphidian
06-30-2018, 11:47 AM
The playerbase has been steadily growing since S4.
I have no problems finding matches . Deathmatch was the least populated on PC but recently i can find matches for that too. I was waiting in 5 minute queues when i played DotA 2 as well and no one was complaining.
Breach will be more popular than Dominion and will stay more popular than Dominion because it is a more complete game mode.
Breach and the new faction will bring many new and old players because of the hype and a part of those will inevitably stick with the game.
No matter how big the player base of ANY game, there are always game modes that are the most popular and others that are not. The way you keep the other modes healthy is by doing event orders for those modes. I think that special orders should be done more often. Like once every 2-3 days. Not once every 2 weeks.

MuscleTech12018
07-01-2018, 12:29 AM
I'm sure Breach will be a new flop too. It's far from what the community asked for. Dominion will still be the (only) thing in this game...

Jrock42_
07-01-2018, 01:51 AM
Can't wait for breach. Been wanting a mode that actually incentivises team play. I hate the glorified team deathmatch that dominon is.

Music_4_Therapy
07-01-2018, 04:37 AM
I was waiting in 5 minute queues when i played DotA 2 as well and no one was complaining because they are not children with ADHD like you.

Let's be civil now. Expressing concerns that making a new game mode of this scale is a gamble and will/may impact the future of For Honor one way or another is by no means illegitimate. What are consequences for the game should it fail? What gamemode are they balancing characters around? IMO it's an unnecessary risk and they should have directed their attention toward making all characters viable (which they are doing) and making a gamemode fit for competitive play, be it Ranked Duels or Ranked Dominion. That said, if Breach is a smashing success and Dominion is reduced to low/medium Activity like Tribute is now and is deemed fit for competitive play then I'll gladly swap over. But that's unlikely imo

Mia.Nora
07-01-2018, 06:59 AM
Tribute is low/medium activity whenever I check. I fear after initial hype of the new mode, its fate will be similar to Tribute.

The main reason I think that will be the case is the ballistas and death ticket system. On paper as a design concept it may be ok, but in reality player behaviour will make the attacker role really frustrating. Of course I hope they prove me wrong, because I am sick of Dominion being a skirmish under the guise of objective game.

Jazz117Volkov
07-01-2018, 09:50 AM
On the contrary, I think Breach should actually replace Dominion (that won't happen), because Dominion is a pretty trash mode. I have to search between every round because everyone leaves constantly, both in match and between them, and the mode itself is pretty much comprised of sprinting between points avoiding ganks, or your team knows how to gank so you just walk around and watch singles get squished by two Raiders and a Warlord.

Dominion needs to die. Hopefully Breach kills it, and isn't itself a shallow shell of a mode that offers more run animation than actual gameplay.

ViciousOphidian
07-01-2018, 12:57 PM
Sorry, you are right. Comment edited to remove insult.

In the case that Breach is delivered in a stable state (no game breaking bugs), then it will replace Dominion and Tribute 100%. Forever, not just temporarily.