PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Uninstall The Crew 2 Open Beta (Steam)

MechaG2
06-29-2018, 10:16 PM
I've been having trouble with uninstalling the Steam version of The Crew 2 Open Beta (I'm using Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium). I tried uninstalling via the Control Panel, and it removed it from my Steam library, but it's still on my PC (still shows up in my Uplay library, too). The uninstall process doesn't seem to initialize, and attempting to install/uninstall anything else prompts a notification window to pop-up stating the previous uninstall process needs to finish - only it never does. Nothing is happening when I check the Task Manager.

Can someone please help?

Racingkittens
06-30-2018, 02:27 PM
Delete the game folders manually.

Steam should be X:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/
(Replace X with the drive you installed steam on)

MechaG2
06-30-2018, 09:26 PM
Delete the game folders manually.

Steam should be X:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/
(Replace X with the drive you installed steam on)
Isn't doing it this way a bad idea? It technically doesn't uninstall properly, and could mess up the registry.

UbiGabrinth
07-01-2018, 12:39 AM
The open betas closed on June 25. You will not be able to play it at this time.

MechaG2
07-01-2018, 03:26 AM
The open betas closed on June 25. You will not be able to play it at this time.

I know that. I'm trying to uninstall it from my PC, but it won't. My initial attempt to uninstall it only removed it from my Steam library, but that's it. It's still displayed in both my Uplay library, and my Control Panel Uninstall Program list. Nothing happens every time I've tried to uninstall since then (there's no activity in the Task Manager), and I don't want to simply delete it's program files from the HDD because of the registry problems doing it that way causes (I learned that the hard way). Do you have a solution?

ChR1zTheRealOne
07-01-2018, 08:02 AM
Hi guys i have the same problem :(

MechaG2
07-02-2018, 07:02 AM
Does anyone know how to properly uninstall this? Nothing I've tried has worked, and I can't find any solutions online, either. This is starting to drive me nuts. :(

Dryminator
07-02-2018, 07:11 AM
I uninstalled the Steam open beta via Steam and it removed it from my Steam library, also deleted the stuff in the Steam folder, but the folder itself is still there, which is by design. The empty folders (with some logs and stuff) are not removed after Steam game uninstallation.

Checked also in uPlay, The Crew 2 Steam Beta only shows up under "Expired" category and when opening it, the app correctly shows the game as "Expired", cannot play it.

Everything looks fine on my side. Betas dont really disappear from Uplay once they have been expired. I don't think they ever did.

Example:

https://i.imgur.com/yxvXAFy.png

TG_striker890
07-02-2018, 09:44 AM
Isn't doing it this way a bad idea? It technically doesn't uninstall properly, and could mess up the registry.

If you don't want to mess up your registry you shouldn't use Windows :D
Just remove it. Those few registry keys will do no harm. (Don't run "Registry Cleaner" Software, this will destroy your registry on the other hand)

Ubi-Baron
07-02-2018, 12:06 PM
I'm sorry to hear you've encountered this.

There are some Microsoft tools that allow you to delete programs that are causing issues like this. Alternatively you can delete the files or speak with the Support Team here (support.ubi.com) for further advice.

MechaG2
07-02-2018, 11:15 PM
I uninstalled the Steam open beta via Steam and it removed it from my Steam library, also deleted the stuff in the Steam folder, but the folder itself is still there, which is by design. The empty folders (with some logs and stuff) are not removed after Steam game uninstallation.

Checked also in uPlay, The Crew 2 Steam Beta only shows up under "Expired" category and when opening it, the app correctly shows the game as "Expired", cannot play it.

Everything looks fine on my side. Betas dont really disappear from Uplay once they have been expired. I don't think they ever did.

Example:

https://i.imgur.com/yxvXAFy.png
I uninstalled The Crew 2 Open Beta via the Control Panel Uninstall A Program feature (the method I usually use), but this time it was only removed from my Steam library. It's still displayed in my Uplay library under the "Installed" category as well as in the Control Panel Uninstall A Program list.

Now, when I try to uninstall it via Uplay, it opens up the Control Panel Uninstall A Program list. When I try to uninstall it there, it opens up Steam. Only there's no The Crew 2 Open Beta in Steam anymore. So I don't know. Something definitely went wrong during the uninstallation process.

I can't believe something as simple as uninstalling a game is even a problem. This is so frustrating.

I'm sorry to hear you've encountered this.

There are some Microsoft tools that allow you to delete programs that are causing issues like this. Alternatively you can delete the files or speak with the Support Team here (http://support.ubi.com) for further advice.
There are? I'll check that out. Thanks for the advice.

I was hoping to find a solution here in The Crew 2 PC Technical Support Forum. Almost every time I've contacted Ubisoft's Support Team in the past, I ended up going round and round with them re-explaining the issues I was experiencing and desperately trying to get a fix. It was such a headache. I really don't want to contact them if I don't need to. Hopefully the tools you mentioned work. :)

FTJena
07-07-2018, 08:03 PM
Heya if you want to remove the beta but you cant i had this problem aswell.
but i fixed it with a long way around you need to uninstal steam itself but if you want to keep your other games then go with these steps

1. go to where you have steam installed mine was c > programsfiles(86) > steam.
2. go into your steamapps remove "The Crew 2 Open Beta" file
3. copy steamapps and paste it on your desktop.
4. remove steam from your pc via control panel.
5. try and remove The Crew 2 Open Beta via control panel it should now say it was probely already uninstalled and remove it
6. install steam once more
7. once you log back into steam go back to your steam folder c > program file (86) > steam and copy paste the old steamapps from your desktop into steam folder and replace the file with the new steamapps
8. exit steam and restart once you log back in your other games will be back and installed and The Crew 2 Open Beta wil be finaly gone from your pc

Hope this helped you all \o/
and sorry from my bad spelling :S
have fun bye ^^