PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G29 does not work in 6-29-18 released game

Wind_in_HisHair
06-29-2018, 10:08 PM
Update, Disregard the title I originally created for this thread. The truth is I go back and forth about TC2 and the G29. Sometimes I like how different it is compared to wheel use in TC1. Other times....I hate it. There is definitely something missing in TC2 with the G29. When in an aggressive high speed turn the FFB comes into play, but only in a certain part of the turn do you really notice the FFB. Most of the time there is a lack of feedback from the wheel, a dead feeling, nothing there, no road feel. Other times it's pretty cool, but....so weird how it's not consistent like TC1. Most of the time you don't have much feedback, there's no road or tire contact with the ground feel. Unless, like I said, you are in an aggressive turn, and only certain parts of the turn, then it goes back to dead, nothing there.

Below is original post from first day and many issues with G29 dropping out, game crashing:

I played the Beta version a few times and the G29 barely functioned, no FFB, buttons not programmable, etc.. Now with the purchased version released the G29 still does not function. I've chatted with case support and they virtually know nothing specific about the game. The just game me a standard troubleshooting list.

In The Crew (1) the G29 works awesome. Not so in The Crew 2. I have a high end pc, triple monitors, GTX 980SC in SLI so there is not a hardware problem. I initially start G29 software, select my programmed The Crew 2 icon, Start Uplay, start The Crew2. Game starts, I go to controls, settings, wheel settings, configure basic functions, go to continue to start game. wheel has no FFB at all. After a couple button pushes for Nitrous, etc. Logitech software drops out, signaled by windows sounds installing removing device. Now wheel does nothing.

I power down pc, restart everything, retry again same steps, same problem. Is anyone else having this problem? Even in Beta the G29 barely functioned and I thought it would all be corrected in final release.

MsgNinja
06-30-2018, 03:58 AM
Wait? Is it true? I just bought the game and found out it was fun so I decide to buy a Logitech G29 today on amazon. If it is true that it doesn't work well, then I will be wasting my money on Ubisoft fail game again like they did on Far Cry 5 where you can't use X-Input controller like Xbox 360 on PC.

So if it is true, that mean I wasted $400 on Logitech G29 + Shifter and $60 on Crew 2 for PC.

Mashv96
06-30-2018, 07:43 AM
I made the same mistake. I bought G29 specially for this game. Wheel is working but no force feedback.

Wind_in_HisHair
07-01-2018, 06:04 AM
Well, for some reason it's working better today.
Yesterday wouldn't work at all. Today it's much better. I didn't really do anything so I don't know why it's working today. I have a logitech Joystick and yesterday C.S. told me to unplug the Joystick. I tried that and nothing changed, that was yesterday.

Today I decided that I would maybe try the game with keyboard just to play a little. But I still opened up the G29 software AND the Joystick software. I went into settings and made a few adjustments and the G29 is much better. Kept playing with the Deadzone and Linearity adjustments and it's getting there. There is FFB today. I don't know why that is. Strange. Yesterday I would make a couple button presses on the G29 and the software would drop out and couldn't use the G29 at all. Had to reboot system and start all over. Did that everytime I played yesterday.

I can't say I did anything that got it working. So I don't know why it's better today. Was able to play about 4-5 hours today with only 2 game crashes. Got through about 30 events and made Popular rank.

The FFB would be good on one vehicle then later would be nonexistent with another vehicle. I just kept playing with wheel controls and it's working much, much better. Go figure.

There is something strange about using the G29 with the boats. To trim the boat for fastest speed you hold down the X button. Everytime I would make a turn while holding the X button down ESC menu's would suddenly come up right in the middle of event. Had to keep doing events over and over, finally learned to let go of the X button in turns. I remember this happened during Beta and I then contacted Logitech and they had a simple test where you open the software and press buttons to verify they were working properly.....and all worked properly. So, there must be some software glitch with The Crew 2 and this sequence of button pushes because the glitch is still there.

Just go ahead and get the G29 and go for it. If I find anything much different I'll update. Something I remember from The Crew is that when you first start playing the game the car levels are very low and it takes some time to upgrade to highest level of car. I seem to remember that the FFB is much better with highest level cars and not so much with entry level. Just a thought.

Rallymen007
07-01-2018, 03:34 PM
Have you tried to plug the wheel with the game running? I noticed it completely un****ed the FFB on my G27.

Wind_in_HisHair
07-01-2018, 05:37 PM
I know what you are referring to. With The Crew and G29 software I had discovered FFB would not work unless I played with the software while the Game was launching. I do the same thing with TC2. I open the G29 software, then click on TC, or TC2, then while the launch process is working I click back and forth within the Logitech software until the game is fully loaded, then click the taskbar game icon.

This always got the FFB working in TC. Have always done the same with launching TC2 but during the Beta testing phases FFB never worked. Yesterday for reasons I don't understand FFB began working and no dropping out of software for wheel. Maybe....it has something to do with Settings, Wheel, and choose Custom. But, the FFB has been weak and then a bit stronger off and on. Deadzone I keep at minimum but sometimes it works great like TC, other times vehicle response is wild and barely controllable. Continue to tweak.

Aliyn-_-
07-03-2018, 04:24 AM
g920.. wheel menu greyed out.. in bindings menu it registers as a flight stick.

Wind_in_HisHair
07-03-2018, 04:59 AM
I'm not sure why mine started working. One YT video said to start your wheel software, then start Uplay, access the overlay, then start the game. I do it, don't know if that really did anything.

Another thing to try...if you can access the wheel settings at all...is change to Custom, this enables the ability to make changes below that point that were previously inaccessible. They only become available if you choose Custom though.

As a side note, besides a G29 I also have a Logitech Joystick...where previously encountered problems with Joystick and boat operation, I find no problem using the Joystick for boat control.

Aliyn-_-
07-03-2018, 02:55 PM
i don't know what software ur talkin about other than the (logitech gaming software) which is always running,, my wheel is g920... i also have the whole wheel menu disabled :/

Ripperino2K
07-03-2018, 04:00 PM
​G920 & G29 NOT WORKING SINCE RELEASE !!! 90 euro game BTW .

Wind_in_HisHair
07-03-2018, 05:36 PM
Aliyn,

Yes, the Logitech Gaming Software is what I am referring to. Make sure you Open it. Have you created a profile for TC2? You should. That software may always be running in background, but unless you open it I doubt it is actually working properly. I always open it before launching the game and that is the one I referred to about clicking back and forth within the software while I wait for game to be launched. I just click on the Wheel Icon then on the Settings Icon....back and forth. It seems to work for me. When I don't do that I don't have FFB. I click back and forth maybe 20-30 times.

I know it sounds silly and I've never read it anywhere but when I first purchased the G29 there were times when even though I opened the software, then the game, there would be no FFB. Or if I did the Shift F2, to access overlay, that would disable FFB. Then to get it back I would click on the Windows key, and do that back and forth clicking on Logitech Gaming Software, then click the game icon in the tray. Since discovering that would work I just always do that when launching a game.

What do you mean you have the whole wheel menu disabled? That doesn't sound good.

Aliyn-_-
07-03-2018, 06:04 PM
I click back and forth maybe 20-30 times.

I know it sounds silly
What do you mean you have the whole wheel menu disabled? That doesn't sound good.

it does sound silly :D but my problem is not only ffb, the game won't recognize my wheel.. it shows as a joystick in the mapping menu, and the wheel menu is totally inaccessible (greyed out).
actually when i connect both my wheel and my joystick (T16000M) it shows in the mapping menu that i connected 2 sticks.

https://preview.ibb.co/dUfCxJ/Untitled_1.jpg (https://ibb.co/gR8Mrd)

https://preview.ibb.co/nzTMrd/Untitled_2.jpg (https://ibb.co/bBKSWd)

https://preview.ibb.co/fcQCxJ/Untitled_3.jpg (https://ibb.co/gA1kHJ)

Wind_in_HisHair
07-03-2018, 06:31 PM
Aliyn,
There are two different Logitech Gaming Software programs. Do you have both and are both Open? Sounds like you have just the Joystick program.
Here's the link to the wheel software: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/downloads

Wind_in_HisHair
07-03-2018, 06:33 PM
In the Taskbar, my Joystick software appears as an Xbox controller and is a simple program showing the Joystick when open. The wheel software appears as a G in bold, Black in the taskbar.

Ubi-Rich
07-03-2018, 07:52 PM
ShelbyCobraSS, thank you for doing so much research and posting your results for other players to look into. We know (and apologize) that things are not working as simply as they should. The dev team is still looking into issues with FFB and issues where the game won't recognize wheels.

On the topic of Force Feedback, when force feedback doesn't work as intended (but steering does work), can you please check your firewall or connection so that your PC is allowing TC2 and BE full access to your network. Please let us know if this helps or not.

Thanks!

AdamsS
07-03-2018, 11:34 PM
G27 working barely, with no FFB, and its on the list of working wheels with the game :)

Aliyn-_-
07-03-2018, 11:53 PM
Aliyn,
There are two different Logitech Gaming Software programs. Do you have both and are both Open? Sounds like you have just the Joystick program.
Here's the link to the wheel software: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/downloads

https://preview.ibb.co/hs5zBd/Untitled_4.jpg (https://ibb.co/cbiVHJ)

i have that software.. dunno which other r u talking about.. my joystick is a Thrustmaster T16000M btw.
Note: the wheel works perfectly fine in The Crew 1... and it worked once in the Crew 2 alpha (without force feedback) but never again :/

Aliyn-_-
07-04-2018, 12:02 AM
On the topic of Force Feedback, when force feedback doesn't work as intended (but steering does work), can you please check your firewall or connection so that your PC is allowing TC2 and BE full access to your network. Please let us know if this helps or not.

Thanks!

How do u add Battle Eye to windows firewall exceptions ?? thx.

Gopro_Yell0
07-04-2018, 03:58 PM
Pleas work it out ubi i need to make content

Pvt.Badger
07-09-2018, 12:01 PM

Thanks!

I've reported problems with force feedback in CLOSED ALPHA. That was I believe in March?

So THREE MONTHS was not enough time for a supposedly AAA dev team to actually find the issue and implement a proper steering wheel support? Or maybe this is just something they simply choose to ignore?

Ubi-Mullac
07-09-2018, 12:35 PM
Hey guys as Ubi-Rich merntioned, if you could 'check your firewall or connection so that your PC is allowing TC2 and BE full access to your network'

Also, if you can forward you ports to the TC2 ports:

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000035320/Connectivity-Issues-in-The-Crew-2-On-PC-TC2

- Cheers