PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts So Far...

CreamyRootBeer
06-28-2018, 10:58 PM
Overall this seems like a solid game with a good amount of content.
It does have some problems, however.

Bugs/Issues
I had two primary issues:

The hand-based controls (for the Oculus, at least) were slightly off. Most VR games have their movement plane parallel to the flat surface on the Oculus Touch, but not Space Junkies. This made it awkward, and unnatural-feeling.
When using some weapons (the rapid-fire, rotatey one that kinda looks like a plasma rifle from Halo, shown here (https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/c/c3/H2A_Render_PlasmaRifle.png), comes to mind), the weapon does not perfectly track your hands, but is kind of slow, making it really difficult to aim.

Gameplay
To me, the gameplay is fun, but missing something small but important. It lacks a sort of mental engagement.
Here are a few of suggestions:

Make the weapons and utilities more unique; powerful in their own separate ways.
Increase the number of players in a match to 3v3, or possibly more.
Add to or change the gamemode with more goals. For example, a king of the hill would be really cool. A more difficult, but IMHO more fun idea, is capture the flag with more players on a larger map, allowing for strategic assaults on an enemy position.

I want to stress, however, that this is MY OPINION, and I prefer more strategic games, so take that as you will. Not everyone will agree with me, and I may be in the minority with up to 100% of these ideas.

This is a fun game with a lot of potential, but in its current state kinda misses the mark by just a little. I hope this turns out well!

CreamyRootBeer
06-28-2018, 10:59 PM
Oh, one thing I wanted to add, was that most of the weapons feel too similar: They need some more variety, such as a charge laser, like Halo's Spartan Laser.

Ubi.Flo
06-29-2018, 10:58 AM
Hello CreamyRootBeer,

Thank you for your impressions on our Beta!
Hand-based navigation has just been implemented, thank you for your thoughts on it it's very helpful.

Thank you for your suggestions as well, we'll look into it.