PDA

View Full Version : Crew 2 freezing mid game

S4ntaD4Cl4us
06-28-2018, 03:37 PM
Hello, when i play crew 2 it freezes mid game and it doesn't say anything and when i open task manager it show that crew 2 is not responding. I dont know what to do to fix it please help!

VANDALZ7
06-28-2018, 06:42 PM
Ive the same damn issue, running win 10/ latest nvidia drivers. mid-game hang up.

cargames275
06-28-2018, 06:42 PM
I have also got this problem

NeverHadurCar2
06-28-2018, 07:36 PM
Mine would crash out until i disabled car ghosting and turned off geforce experience, and ran the game as well as battleye exe as admin.

Kjeks2k
06-28-2018, 10:08 PM
Did anyone find a solution for this?[

Muhnie
06-28-2018, 11:24 PM
Well, not really a solution, but I think I found the root cause of this issue.

Can you check that on your end for me? Look in your windows event log, is there something like the following

event log:

Log Name: Application
Source: ESENT
Event ID: 916
Task Category: General
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Description:
DllHost (11700,G,0) The beta feature EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled in ESENT due to the beta site mode settings 0x800000.

That seems to be an issue with Windows build 1709 and the behavior of SSD's - found the following thread on the windows forums:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9054b832-d001-4543-b3b0-bcbb729d5f24/esediskflushconsistency-win10-1709?forum=win10itprogeneral

Muhnie
06-29-2018, 12:44 AM
Well, can't find a way to edit my previous post, so...

The issue seems to come from somewhere else. After setting the game to Borderless and monitoring the event log, once the freeze occurs, there is only a Application Hang in the log. No other error in the log, and the app hang log doesnt say anything that helps...

UbiSailorScout
06-29-2018, 01:15 AM
Hi guys! Thanks for the report. It's important to first verify that you meet the minimum requirements (https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/Faqs/000035169/) for TC2. If you do meet the minimum requirements, I'd recommend verifying your game files (Depending if you purchased the game through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335) or Uplay (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000019000/Install-Uninstall-Verify-A-Game-in-Uplay/)). These PC steps (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/faqs/000025947) should also provide help.
If you are still having this freezing issue, could you please make a ticket (http://www.support.ubi.com) with your msinfo and dxdiag files attached (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/Details/kA030000000emSbCAI?name=how-to-submit-dxdiag-and-msinfo-files)? We can look into this issue further once we have that info available. Thanks in advanced!

object02
07-04-2018, 01:32 PM
I just submitted a ticket. Copying the info here for fun.

My freezes have always occurred during street races, never in any other scenario. Interestingly, I was able to complete the 40 minute hypercar race without freezing. I think all the freezes have occurred when I was turning sharply, e.g. around hairpin turns.

I usually run the game on Ultra, but have experienced freezes in High and Medium, too.

Dryminator
07-04-2018, 08:34 PM
I just submitted a ticket. Copying the info here for fun.

My freezes have always occurred during street races, never in any other scenario. Interestingly, I was able to complete the 40 minute hypercar race without freezing. I think all the freezes have occurred when I was turning sharply, e.g. around hairpin turns.

I usually run the game on Ultra, but have experienced freezes in High and Medium, too.

Hi object02,

I have been having freezing issues as well since closed alpha, but those only occur with 60FPS mode. I have a very old but still active ticket with Ubisoft Support and made this demonstration video for them. Can you advise if this is the same issue you are complaining about? The freeze timestamps are in the youtube video description, copying them here as well:

07:18 - Game freezes (Ultra, Borderless, 1080p, 60FPS Mode, Vsync Off)
19:24 - Game freezes (Ultra, Borderless, 1080p, 60FPS Mode, Vsync On)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkrNrx11Ygw

PS! I did Vsync tests because was asked so in the ticket.

Ubi-Mullac
07-05-2018, 10:00 AM
Hey guys,

Do you get any error codes?

- Cheers

MaFia1-
07-05-2018, 11:38 AM
same Game freezes :F

MaFia1-
07-05-2018, 11:39 AM
Nope just freeze and restart t he pc

Dryminator
07-05-2018, 03:15 PM
There have never been any error codes (see the video I put in the thread. It simply freezes. I can click on the game screen with my mouse, from where it says that the application (TheCrew2.exe) is not responding (correct name maybe different, I wrote it randomly). It never resumes, can only be closed.

StrecCZ
07-05-2018, 04:26 PM
Same problem. Game freeze and dont response after cca 1 hour.

Dikkazz
07-05-2018, 10:56 PM
same, exactly the same

Ubi-Mullac
07-06-2018, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the info guys,

You don't by any chance use Bluetooth Xbox One controllers?

- Cheers

PixelShifts
07-06-2018, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the info guys,

You don't by any chance use Bluetooth Xbox One controllers?

- Cheers

No, I'm using a wired Xbox One controller. I also tried playing without my controller plugged in and my game still froze.

Ubi-Mullac
07-06-2018, 03:43 PM
No, I'm using a wired Xbox One controller. I also tried playing without my controller plugged in and my game still froze.

No worries, thanks for the answer. If you create a ticket on our support site with your dxdiag and msinfo, we will be able to see if anything is causing an issue: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000026442/Submit-Dxdiag-and-Msinfo/

Just to add, do you have any overlays active such as discord?

- Cheers

PixelShifts
07-06-2018, 04:34 PM
No worries, thanks for the answer. If you create a ticket on our support site with your dxdiag and msinfo, we will be able to see if anything is causing an issue: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000026442/Submit-Dxdiag-and-Msinfo/

Just to add, do you have any overlays active such as discord?

- Cheers
Hi,
I created a ticket (ref number: 06606030)

I usually play with discord on, but I also tried playing without any overlays active, but my game still froze a few times. Not as much, but it still happened.

StalkeR9101
07-06-2018, 05:11 PM
I have the same crashes that Dryminator showed in his video only in fullscreen. In borderless mode it just caps it self back to 30fps from 60 (no lag or fps drop just random fps cap change).

AE.SRX.SHEN
07-07-2018, 05:02 AM
An error code will appear during the visit. it has been going on for several days and it is useless to use the network solution in the forum.

Dryminator
07-07-2018, 01:58 PM
I am using XBox One wireless controllers (using the USB thingy that allows wireless play).
BTW, I noticed that MSINFO logs the freezes, im currently away from my PC to provide the errors here. Guys can you check MSINFO logs on your end if you can notice the errors of the freezes?

Just press "Windows + R", type msinfo32 . Then go to Software Environment -> Windows Error Reporting . Look around there if you can see some very generic TheCrew2 errors.

I will check later at home as well.

duma2007
07-07-2018, 02:26 PM
I am using XBox One wireless controllers (using the USB thingy that allows wireless play).
BTW, I noticed that MSINFO logs the freezes, im currently away from my PC to provide the errors here. Guys can you check MSINFO logs on your end if you can notice the errors of the freezes?

Just press "Windows + R", type msinfo32 . Then go to Software Environment -> Windows Error Reporting . Look around there if you can see some very generic TheCrew2 errors.

I will check later at home as well.

i checked MSINFO and every time the game freezes i get Application hand in the log

Dryminator
07-08-2018, 09:57 AM
Ok checked my MSINFO again, these errors look to occur exactly when the game freezes:

https://i.imgur.com/59ZacDy.png

EDIT: Had to make it into a screenshot. Forum eats up the unicodes, because they do not correspond to any symbols exactly.

R3537L1F3
07-08-2018, 06:09 PM
I notice support here is asking people to submit tickets but has anyone gotten a solution yet? My freezes seem to come at random (sometimes after a couple hours and other times after 30 minutes or so). I thought it was maybe my PC (since it is custom built) but turns out many others have the issue to. :(

Dryminator
07-09-2018, 02:56 AM
I notice support here is asking people to submit tickets but has anyone gotten a solution yet? My freezes seem to come at random (sometimes after a couple hours and other times after 30 minutes or so). I thought it was maybe my PC (since it is custom built) but turns out many others have the issue to. :(

I have an ongoing ticket with Ubisoft support since June 1, but back then I said that "it is Beta, issues can happen blabla" BS. Only once it was fully released, they started to think about it more seriously.
Some poeple think the issue is with the wireless connection of Xbox One controllers, but I seriously doubt that. My freezes are directly related to high CPU loads, but this is the only game I know of that can completely freeze when CPU load stays around 95-100%. No other game does that.

R3537L1F3
07-09-2018, 03:23 AM
I have an ongoing ticket with Ubisoft support since June 1, but back then I said that "it is Beta, issues can happen blabla" BS. Only once it was fully released, they started to think about it more seriously.
Some poeple think the issue is with the wireless connection of Xbox One controllers, but I seriously doubt that. My freezes are directly related to high CPU loads, but this is the only game I know of that can completely freeze when CPU load stays around 95-100%. No other game does that.

I doubt it's a controller thing. I use a wired Xbox 360 controller. I had no issue during closed or open beta. I have far more demanding games (I have to play those on medium or custom settings) that may not run super smooth but are playable and never freeze. At least not like The Crew 2 is doing.

S4ntaD4Cl4us
08-09-2018, 08:12 PM
I made a ticket and I didn't get any proper solution from them and still have that same issue.

renanwanek
08-18-2018, 09:10 PM
I've already tested the game with v-sync on and off, full screen and bordered play, in all possible graphics, I've started the game with windows clean mode, bluetooth headset and cord phone, playing on the keyboard , playing G27 steering wheel co, playing in xbox one control.
ALL possible modes make freezing happen.
I realized that the game sucks VERY of the cpu, I do not know if this is normal, I have an i5-7300hq that is more than the minimum that the game asks for and even playing with the graph at least the cpu stays at 100% for a long time during the game

renanwanek
08-20-2018, 06:27 AM
Guys, I think I've found a solution to the problem.

The problem started with the CPU and the GPU being forced to the maximum for some reason, my CPU was 100% all the time. Ubisoft told me to upgrade my video software, but they were all up to date.
My notebook is an i5-7300hq, GTX1050, 8gb ddr4 RAM, ssd550mbps. Theoretically the game should work normally.

After a lot of research with people who were suffering the same problem, I managed to get to a setup that made the game stop crashing.

I put the game on my HD because I saw a guy saying that his game was giving the allocation problem inside the SSD .. Check

I turned off all the replay ghosts of the game ... Check

NOW the most important !!!
I caught the FPS at 30 and kept vsync on.
I noticed that when the game was with the fps limiter at 60, the game itself did not reach that amount of FPS and both CPU and GPU went into extreme work mode, reaching 100% work all the time, it's as if the computer tried to play the FPS up and the game itself did not let that happen, so it generated this "bottleneck", with that amount of effort the game obviously caught. I left the limiter at 30 FPS and now both my CPU and my GPU are running normally at lower oscillations. The game simply stopped crashing, which makes me think that the problem is a bad optimization of the game. At the moment I am running the game in HIGH quality at 30fps without any locking.

I hope this helps those who were going through the same problem as me.

I also recorded a video to show the percentage difference of CPU and GPU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxKTAVv0CD4

[Português]

Gente, acho que achei uma solução para o problema.

O problema começava com a CPU e a GPU sendo forçada ao máximo por algum motivo, minha CPU ficava o tempo todo em 100%. A Ubisoft me disse para atualizar os meus softwares de vídeo, mas já estavam todos atualizados.
Meu notebook é um i5-7300hq, GTX1050, 8gb RAM ddr4, ssd550mbps. Teoricamente o jogo deveria funcionar normalmente.

Depois de muita pesquisa com pessoas que estavam sofrendo o mesmo problema, consegui chegar até uma configuração que fez o jogo parar de travar.

Coloquei o jogo no meu HD, pois vi um rapaz dizendo que o jogo dele estava dando problema na alocação dentro do SSD.. Check

Desliguei todos os fantasmas de replay do game... Check

AGORA o mais importante!!!
Travei o FPS em 30 e mantive o vsync ligado.
Percebi que quando o jogo estava com o limitador de fps em 60, o próprio jogo não atingia essa quantidade de FPS e tanto a CPU quanto a GPU entravam em modo de trabalho extremo, atingindo os 100% de trabalho o tempo todo, é como se o computador tentasse jogar o FPS para cima e o próprio jogo não deixasse isso acontecer, então gerava esse "gargalo", com essa quantidade de esforço o jogo óbviamente travava. Passei a deixar o limitador em 30 FPS e agora tanto a minha CPU quanto minha GPU estão funcionando normalmente com oscilações mais baixas. O jogo simplesmente parou de travar, o que me faz pensar que o problema é uma má otimização do jogo. No momento estou rodando o jogo na qualidade ALTA a 30fps sem nenhum travamento.

Espero que isso ajude a quem estava passando pelo mesmo problema que eu.

Também gravei um vídeo para mostrar a diferança de porcentagem da CPU e GPU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxKTAVv0CD4

Ubi-Mullac
08-20-2018, 11:50 AM
Hey!

Thanks for sharing that info, hopefully others can use this to help themselves in the future :)

- Cheers

Animiles
12-07-2018, 11:12 AM
Renanwanek,
I also have regular crashes, and I've noticed that they mostly happen in cities where my CPU can't handle it and my frames drop below 60 fps.
I really want to fix these crashes, but 30 fps is simply unplayable. Especially for a fast-paced racing game. I already get bothered by the maximum fps of 60, since I have a 165Hz G-Sync display. Anything under 90 fps isn't really acceptable, but I put up with the 60 fps in The Crew because (despite its many flaws) I quite like the game. I'm still trying to find a way to unlock the fps though.
Therefore, setting the fps cap to 30 is out of the question. It is not a solution and it will never be. It makes the game unplayable.

To ubisoft support:
There is still no acceptable fix for this issue :/

UbiSailorScout
12-07-2018, 10:04 PM
Hey Animiles. Can you submit your MSNIFO and dxdiag files (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/Details/kA030000000emSbCAI?name=how-to-submit-dxdiag-and-msinfo-files) on a ticket? Please update this thread with your ticket number so we may check back into it for you.

alunwilliams1
12-09-2018, 11:33 PM
Hi object02,

I have been having freezing issues as well since closed alpha, but those only occur with 60FPS mode. I have a very old but still active ticket with Ubisoft Support and made this demonstration video for them. Can you advise if this is the same issue you are complaining about? The freeze timestamps are in the youtube video description, copying them here as well:

07:18 - Game freezes (Ultra, Borderless, 1080p, 60FPS Mode, Vsync Off)
19:24 - Game freezes (Ultra, Borderless, 1080p, 60FPS Mode, Vsync On)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkrNrx11Ygw

PS! I did Vsync tests because was asked so in the ticket.

this is the issue i'm having. if it's been a thing since beta and it still ins't fixed then there is a serious problem

alunwilliams1
12-09-2018, 11:40 PM
before a support staff suggests i create a ticket, i have already.