PDA

View Full Version : New Found Bug/Issue related to Photo Mode

Lachy579
06-28-2018, 01:47 PM
All through Closed-beta and open beta I pretty much cleared as much of the photo albums that I could, quite easily with no trouble at all on my 21:9 ultrawide monitor, with resolution 3440x1440.

Now in Full released game (or early-access at least), When in photo mode, most cars, car actions and objects dont get recognised. For example, I could use the live photo tool to do take the photo of the Golden Gate bridge with no trouble, but if I was trying to drift through the Dragon Gate in San Fransisco, the gate would light up green, and the game recognises that I'm in a Street Car and Drifting by highlighting light grey, but when it comes to taking the picture they never turn green and I can't get the rewards for these photos. This wasn't an issue for me in the Closed-Beta and Open-Beta, only now in Early-Access.

So far I've only found one work-around - which is to temporarily change my resolution to 2560x1440 resolution stretched to fullscreen and then take it without any problems.

I thought this was confusing not only because it should work regardless of resolution, but the Live photo tool is forced to a 16:9 ratio anyway and has black bars either side when playing in ultrawide and actually default runs at 2560x1440.

It's quite frustrating and I don't exactly want to be changing my resolution any time I want to simply take a picture.

Ubi-Bandicoot
06-28-2018, 03:58 PM
Hey,

Thanks for posting your experience with this, I have passed this thread on to the team for them to check out :)

stone_hz
07-21-2018, 11:55 PM
the problem still exists and i cannot complete the photo activities.
can we get an ETA when and if you are planning to fix this?

Lachy579
07-22-2018, 01:55 AM
I agree - ive stopped playing for a bit as the game has become unplayable like that - im beyond disappointed that this hasnt been properly addressed

UbiGabrinth
07-22-2018, 02:27 AM
Our team was able to reproduce this issue, and it is being looked into. Please note that our PC requirements do recommend using a 1080p resolution.

EL_79
07-22-2018, 11:13 AM
Our team was able to reproduce this issue, and it is being looked into. Please note that our PC requirements do recommend using a 1080p resolution.
you do know that photo's that being taken are in 3840x2160, right? regardless of resolution enabled in the game
what is playing the game in 1080p has anything to do with it, i'm probably talking to a bot but whatever