PDA

View Full Version : Make a mistake as Orochi and you're DEAD. Make a mistake fighting AGAINST Orochi...

Snooze49
06-28-2018, 12:18 PM
... and ALL you get as a punishment is a NERFED 2 top LIGHT attack combo.

At higher levels, where people know every heroe's weaknesses and strenghts and the amount of mistakes is practically the same in both sides, the Orochi player will ALWAYS lose...

I think it is time to buff this character.

What do you guys think?

Charmzzz
06-28-2018, 12:22 PM
You serious? After his Rework Orochi is pretty strong. His "nerfed double top light" still gives him one of the highest heavy parry punishes in the game. His Storm Rush indicator is occurring veeery late in the animation (200ms after startup...) which makes it incredible hard to counter. He has very decent Deflect options. His level 1 Feat (Kiai) is probably the best level 1 Feat in the game at the moment. His Damage and Speed is very high compared to other Assassins.

Oro is fine.

Jazz117Volkov
06-28-2018, 02:01 PM
Side, top, side feint, double top, side feint, top heavy, zone, etc. Since the rework you can pretty much combo anything, and throw feints into it to throw your opponent off and make your lights almost completely safe. Punish CC with Riptide and combo Zephyr Slash with feints for almost guaranteed extra damage. Orochi is a very strong character who, ironically, specializes in counter attacks: if you make a mistake against an Orochi who knows what they're doing your day is sort of ruined.

Orochi is a razor blade on a turntable.

We.the.North
06-28-2018, 02:57 PM
Orochi has the best deflects in the game. Also, throwing down an opponent (easy with either revenge or kai feat) leads to 2 top heavy punish.

Orochi is fine.

LEGENDz_31
06-28-2018, 03:03 PM
When we got the rework I reallly wasn’t a fan. I am warming up to it but I still do have trouble with turtles. I know it has been said but I would like a short range unblockable that maybe needs to be unlocked by a feint. Doesn’t need to be powerful just give the opponent something to think ablout. This would just keep people honest who choose to not attack. Some people are getting very good at blocking our lights hoping for us to go oas.
I see this a lot in 4v4 too where they will simply wait for help.

Legion25846
06-28-2018, 03:15 PM
Is this a troll post for real.........I can't even fathom what went through your head when you made this post.

Snooze49
06-28-2018, 05:08 PM
When we got the rework I reallly wasn’t a fan. I am warming up to it but I still do have trouble with turtles. I know it has been said but I would like a short range unblockable that maybe needs to be unlocked by a feint. Doesn’t need to be powerful just give the opponent something to think ablout. This would just keep people honest who choose to not attack. Some people are getting very good at blocking our lights hoping for us to go oas.
I see this a lot in 4v4 too where they will simply wait for help.

I couldn't agree more, an unblockable move, even if it is just a kick like the one of the nobushi would make Orochi competitive again at higher levels.

SlapO_xFight
06-28-2018, 05:57 PM
The orochi definitely needs and opener he and the pk are the only ones without now and it's just bias on character creation to give every character an opener Sept these two. With the Chinese faction coming it wouldn't make sense not to give these two an opener. At that point every character in the game will have some form of opener which will make picking these characters obsolete. All he needs is an opener. No trolls here most people don't want him to have an opener same people who cry he's op and lights are to hard to react to....

Protos_88
06-28-2018, 06:03 PM
this topic is a joke? try play warden vs orochi. warden get punish for everything

Baturai
06-28-2018, 08:24 PM
Just turtle v.s orochi he will loose :/ his kit is not a big secret

jmac70
06-29-2018, 02:30 AM
Your kidding right this character needs the light attacks nerfed badly on console it's almost impossible to block and it's the cheapest character to play

MinorTreat
06-29-2018, 05:12 AM
I disagree, I think he needs something else. His rework did make him stronger but he has no mind games as a character. You have to rely entirely on reaction and spamming light attacks, as his heavys are not nearly as useful (not useless just not as useful as lights). Peacekeepers rework was spot t on as it focuses a lot on the mind games, but rochis only mind game is going for storm rush now.

I think he needs at least a soft feint to improve his kit to be more effective at mind games just like Pk has options off of her final heavy mix ups. I think ultimately the stats on the win and lose ratios will pan out in the future showing he just needs one more move to improve his kit.

Charmzzz
06-29-2018, 07:55 AM
I disagree, I think he needs something else. His rework did make him stronger but he has no mind games as a character. You have to rely entirely on reaction and spamming light attacks, as his heavys are not nearly as useful (not useless just not as useful as lights). Peacekeepers rework was spot t on as it focuses a lot on the mind games, but rochis only mind game is going for storm rush now.

I think he needs at least a soft feint to improve his kit to be more effective at mind games just like Pk has options off of her final heavy mix ups. I think ultimately the stats on the win and lose ratios will pan out in the future showing he just needs one more move to improve his kit.

PK Rework spot on? Having a 4-6 Damage Mindgame is strong or what? ^^

You as an Orochi Main surely want him even more buffed, I can understand that. Still it is nonsense. He HAS more Mindgames than PK in comparison (as that is your choice), they added completely new chains on Orochi. PK still has 3, how many Oro has now? 5 or 6? Then he has the Deflect Mindgame, PK does not have that. Then Oro has Storm Rush with an Indicator which is barely recognizeable because it is showing super late. Undodgeable Dodge-Attacks on Oro, PK - nope. Oro gets a guaranteed Top Heavy for 35 Damage from a GB, PK - nope. PK gets theoretically 38 Bleed Damage from a GB, but Debuff Reduction says "now you do only half the Damage" on almost everyone in Dominion. PK Heavy WITH Bleed followup deals 25-30 Damage depending on Debuff Reduction and if it was a basic or chained hit. Orochi? 30-35. Even Light spam is more effective on Orochi, 500 - 400 - 400ms triple Light Chain dealing 15 - 12 - 15 Damage is MUCH better than a 500 - 400ms Chain dealing 13 - 15 Damage and then ends.

GTFO, Orochi got alot of Love and PK got the Nerf Hammer. Oro does not need anymore buffs if he should stay in A-Tier.

Armosias
06-29-2018, 12:19 PM
You're right OP, not like your second and third light was 400ms with a good hit stagger, effectively granting a hidden unblockable property

MinorTreat
06-29-2018, 05:04 PM
I still disagree, but I am not a dev so you don't need to get your panties in such a bunch for voicing my opinion on the character. Yes I do want him to get a buff cause I think his kit is still limiting as your basically going to rely on light attacks for most of orochi's offensive. What I want as a player is a incentive to use orochi's heavy attacks so he can apply meaningful pressure with some mind games kinda like what shaman has.

But considering your probably going to tear me anew for just stateing my thoughts despite this being one of my only times posting anything, let me to go back to the previous statement I made before "we will see how the stats play out in the future on the win and loss ratio".

pzea_469
06-30-2018, 07:25 AM
Idk about consoles but on PC his lights are definitely reactable. You have to feint a lot as Orochi to really catch people off guard or else you'll get blocked and parried. You have no way to open good turtles up. They can literally block everything with no second thoughts. Imo he's pretty good but just needs some sort of short ranged unblockable. I like the idea of making him have to feint an attack to follow it up with this unblockable(maybe some sort of kick). That way it costs a good amount of stamina. I see a lot of complaints that his lights are basically a guessing game and that they are just impossible to block or parry. On PC at least, I get blocked and parried by good players a lot if I just throw lights out without feinting. They are definitely reactable.

Armosias
06-30-2018, 08:27 AM
On PC only the first light can be blocked that's my main concern, you don't have enough time to recover from a hit and switch your guard before the next light kicks in.. Well at least that's what happens to me when I'm eating them, never tryed in arena to see if it's because of lags

Playing_Mantis
06-30-2018, 09:43 AM
yea not sure why he docent have an opener.. if the opponent docent attack how can u counter attack them?? orochi is much better but still has many of the same issues as before. why not just give orochi a simple opener? his counter attacking isn't really anything most other classes can't just do almost as well imo..