PDA

View Full Version : "No second chance"???

TheTian
06-23-2005, 09:42 AM
I have seen this in the trailers...does anyone know/suspect/want to speculate what it means?

I am thinking you get to play the game once only??? Could they do this? Would they do this?

TheTian
06-23-2005, 09:42 AM
I have seen this in the trailers...does anyone know/suspect/want to speculate what it means?

I am thinking you get to play the game once only??? Could they do this? Would they do this?

mszv
06-23-2005, 09:52 AM
I think there is a different explanation - more of a "you have to save the world" thing. I'm sure you will be able to play Myst V as many times as you want.

ivanxuereb
06-23-2005, 12:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheTian:
I am thinking you get to play the game once only??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Why would a company bother to make a game then? If the end-user can play it once only, the developer has only one chance to test the game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

thewebb
06-23-2005, 08:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">OriginallyI am thinking you get to play the game once only??? Could they do this? Would they do this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

could they? i doubt it. would they? no.

Boyue65
06-23-2005, 08:46 PM
No, you can play Myst 5 as much as you want. It's a marketing ploy.

salgene
06-23-2005, 10:15 PM
It only means that your ingame character has only one chance to save the world. atleast thats the way I see it

Coronagold
07-04-2005, 08:36 AM
Play it till you win.

neo...1
07-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Based on "Play it till you win"

Hopefully it doesn't also mean or imply a "start over" method....maybe not back to the VERY beginning per say but perhaps back to the start of certain "levels" or areas of Ages (ALLOWED save points perhaps) "till you win" a particular puzzle or pass a particular difficulty?
Try Try Again....

Alahmnat
07-08-2005, 03:08 PM
I think you're all reading a bit too much into what both the trailer and other people are saying. The gameplay is, to the best of my knowledge, just like any other Myst game: play for a while, save, come back to it, play some more, save again, etc. Rand has never been a fan of "oops, you broke it, you'll have to reload and try again" kinds of games... it breaks the immersion when you have to basically go back in time to try again.

Reverend Vader
07-08-2005, 07:02 PM
I loved King's Quest VI -- but it was very much an "oops, you broke it -- too bad" game from time to time.

i.e. If you forgot to meet with the clown in the library the second time around, then you couldn't get a perfect score. And, oops, that was so far back into the game that you don't even have a save file from before that!

Or... Space Quest II and the little homage to the movie Alien... The alien pops out of Roger Wilco's chest and, oops! I should have avoided that seed pod thingy... TWO HOURS AGO!! (That's what happened when it landed on Roger's face... Sigh.)

It's made me a fan of LINEAR games. I'm wired too logically much else!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

neo...1
07-15-2005, 11:47 AM
I agree with you Alahmnat & you're probably right...
In regards to reading too much into things...well hence the catgoriation of these forums:

"General Discussion and SPECULATION" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif