PDA

View Full Version : What I would like to see Odyssey

SuffolkKen62
06-27-2018, 07:30 PM
Being a casual older gamer.
I really like the ability to change the hardness when you come up against some opponents
I start to lose interest if it takes a couple of days of trying to get past them.

Frag_Maniac
06-27-2018, 11:21 PM
Being a casual older gamer.
I really like the ability to change the hardness when you come up against some opponents
I start to lose interest if it takes a couple of days of trying to get past them.

Really don't see how you could run into that problem in Origins, since you can at anytime stop and continue leveling up your gear and abilities until you CAN take them on much easier. I mean what's to complain about, it's not only the first AC to ever offer difficulty levels to choose, but also has numerous gear and ability upgrades to choose. Anyone still struggling with all those choices is clearly not preparing for battle well enough.

And for the record, that is not coming from some young online gamer whom is bragging, I happen to be 60 and don't even play online anymore. It's just that I am very diligent about leveling up and upgrading before taking on tough battles. You would be surprised how much easier games are if you adhere to that strategy. I also had no problem getting through Ghost Recon Wildlands on Tier Level 1 with that philosophy, and it's not like my eyesight or reflexes are that of a teen anymore.

SuffolkKen62
07-01-2018, 02:23 PM
I have played all the AC games , and you know I didn't know I could stop halfway through.
I must take more notice

Black_Widow9
07-02-2018, 02:40 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forums, Ken!

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. I can definitely understand where you're coming from. I always start games on the hardest difficulty and there's been a few I've had to restart for just this reason. ;)

MnemonicSyntax
07-02-2018, 03:03 AM
I think too that one of the better things in Origins is that if you start a quest you can't handle is that you can leave the area and come back to it later.

Frag_Maniac
07-02-2018, 03:06 AM
I have played all the AC games , and you know I didn't know I could stop halfway through.
Yeah Origins is a very flexible game. You can track and untrack quests, and even take on side quests on your way to main quests, even while still tracking the main one.

If you need any combat tips, don't be afraid to ask. The Origins combat system can be hard to get used to at first, but once you do it's quite effective. This second play through on Hard everything feels easier than when I played through on Normal my first play through. Even upgrading weapons and abilities doesn't feel like a grind anymore. One thing that I learned is in arena battles, I actually beat the Gallic brothers a lot faster on Elite than regular, and the only thing I did differently was hold my ground and attack with charged sword, instead of staying away until their attack animation finished before attacking. I just let them come at me. It's also way easier than timing your attack after theirs, and less risky. You really don't even have to be good at timing a parry to be effective in combat. I rarely even use it.

TeaBagHitter
07-04-2018, 09:42 AM
What i believe is one of the things that need to be added into the game (along with shields, but this is not my point now) is the % completion system.
I'm pretty sure every completionist would want to see their progress and eventually reaching their 100%

I know it may be hard now that the game is much more open-world than the games before origins but it would really be great if they could pop that feature in