PDA

View Full Version : More Like No Honor

Cloak187
06-27-2018, 05:23 AM
Dominion is terrible and I have no idea why anyone is playing it or anything with 4v4 in it. You just end up getting ganked or doing the ganking, because either you have that d-bag with no honor and just interferes with the pretty good 1v1 you're having with someone. Thus frustrating the enemy team and it just ends up as a gank fest because everyone is frustrated because lame back stabbers. Teamplay just doesn't work with the system they have for combat. Sure you can get good, pop your revenge, get about two kills if you're really good, maybe three if you're fighting lowbies. I think they need some kind of system where you're locked in a 1v1 against somebody in the battlefield where no one can interfere or some kinda tag team system. Guess we'll just have to wait for For Honor 2?

Any who, it's a video game I'm looking for entertainment and I find Dominion not very entertaining. I suppose I'll just be sticking to Duels from now on. \_(ツ)_/

SangLong524
06-27-2018, 05:57 AM
Welcome to For Honor, where you will finally realize there is no such thing as Honor.

DrinkinMehStella
06-27-2018, 09:37 AM
define honor? it can be meant in various ways depending on the person, honor could be you fight fair 1v1 without ganking, no ledging, no environmental kills etc or honor could mean you never let a brother die so gank to save your team mate honor can also mean win is a win and doesn't matter how its done, both are the meaning of honor but not everyone will fight in way of your honor so its something everyone will have to accept.

Ubi-Jimothy
06-27-2018, 09:58 AM
Hey Cloak,

I appreciate your feedback, but we'll most likely not be implementing a system like the one you've suggested. If you're looking for 1v1 fights, Duel is the playlist to be heading into. In the other game modes, it's intended that you have to work with your teammates rather than have a larger series of 1v1's to achieve victory. In Duel for example, it's not intended to be two separate fights, it's supposed to be as the name suggests, a real brawl between the two teams.

We'll always take your feedback into account and forward it on, but it's unlikely that we'll change the system in that regard.

All the best,

Jim.

Jazz117Volkov
06-27-2018, 10:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF0wa0W13yw

chugga1961
06-27-2018, 09:45 PM
Totally agree with this post. The ganking is atrocious, the worst in gaming history . The is no honor in this game .

MarshalMoriarty
06-28-2018, 12:02 AM
Going into a 4v4 game and then trying to engage in 1v1s and getting salty if people interefere is in itself dishonorable. You're part of a team, a team that wants to win. If I come upon 2 people duelling, I'm taking the enemy out, simple as that. I'm not going to wait patiently for 'my turn'. While we're messing about like that, anything could be happening elsewhere. So we need to gut that enemy and move on.

Stop being so selfish - helping your team is never dishonorable. And your team need you to do what it takes to win. Whether that's 1v1 at a critical moment, ganking, playing the objectives or reviving them. If you want honorable 1v1s then go to Duel.

paulwall_816
06-28-2018, 01:28 AM
Yeah the jumping is really bad in this and it has gotten worse of the past yr or so. I started playing this for its competitiveness and no matter how you wanna put jumping is not competitive. This game has lost its skill base and competitiveness that i love so much bout it similar to gear of war but wit the constant jumping its really ridiculous. The fact the one of the admin has supported this type of game style is fact that this game has truly failed.

CheekyKemosabe
06-28-2018, 04:00 AM
As before mentioned if you'd like a 1v1 try duel. Or try your hand in elimination. it's intended to be 4v4 but some players treat it as 4 seperate 1v1's but that's been much more scarce lately. brawl, usually you might find that it's 2 1v1's but some players prefer a real brawl. In tribute/dominion don't be that guy. Don't be the guy that expects the enemy team to honor a 1v1 because 98% of the time it just doesn't happen. the other 2% -might- happen if you're the last surviving member of your team towards the end of the game, and the enemy team decides to drag it out by approaching you one at a time.

I report any player that actively avoids helping the team, whether it be my team or their team, just so they can get a 1v1 going. It's counter productive, it doesn't help your team achieve the big W. Besides, if you have to force a 1v1 where's the majesty in it? I play dominion a good bit and some of my favorite moments are when me and an enemy player meet on the field in the chaos of everything and duke it out. Especially if we're the last two after one big gank session with all players present.

DrinkinMehStella
06-28-2018, 09:49 AM
the quicker you get the word dishonour out of your head the Moree your enjoy the game because not everyone will follow your honor code.

Nestramutat
06-28-2018, 10:51 AM
The atrocious murder-ball trend going on right now can easily be solved with one implementation: full friendly fire.
Let's see that highlander spamming his unblockables on you while slaughtering his whole team in the process. GG.

Armosias
06-28-2018, 12:20 PM
Totally agree with this post. The ganking is atrocious, the worst in gaming history . The is no honor in this game .
To my knowledge, the only kind of game in which the word "ganking" is used is MOBAs. And trust me a good HOTS game has much more ganks than For Honor.

Yeah the jumping is really bad in this and it has gotten worse of the past yr or so. I started playing this for its competitiveness and no matter how you wanna put jumping is not competitive. This game has lost its skill base and competitiveness that i love so much bout it similar to gear of war but wit the constant jumping its really ridiculous. The fact the one of the admin has supported this type of game style is fact that this game has truly failed.
Wrong forum?

Personnaly I do not expect anyone to follow my honor code, but seriously if you come around striking blindly on an enemy I am fighting 1v1, granting him revenge. Do not expect any help from me. This doesn't mean I'll wait around doing nothing, because Dominion is an objective mode, and victory is achieved through holding zones and killing minions, not by "helping". There is nothing more frustating for me than going through a whole battle being staggered by my allies who manage do deal more damages to me than enemies.