PDA

View Full Version : Steering wheel problems

hinarcia
06-26-2018, 03:21 PM
So I have the steering wheel from logitech driving force gt. It's working fine until I alt+tab the game and get back to it. I need to unplug my steering wheel and restart the game to get it working normal again. Also I'm experience this issue when I switch to plane. No idea what is causing this.

Ubi-Redbeard
06-26-2018, 04:26 PM
Hey there,

Can you confirm the model of your steering wheel?

hinarcia
06-26-2018, 09:22 PM
Hi I have the driving force GT:

https://secure.logitech.com/assets/16963/16963.png

Noctumus
06-26-2018, 11:22 PM
Hey there,

Can you confirm the model of your steering wheel?

Hey ubisoft, do you want to chime in on the threads discussing the loss of force feedback from closed beta to release?

It seems none with a wheel have any road texture or vertical feedback at all from the game.

I have a TM T500RS.

Takaoshi
06-27-2018, 08:10 PM
Atleast they have recongnised the issue of no FFB now: * [OPEN] Driving wheels missing force feedback or compatibility issues (26/06)
We received since the Open Beta various reports of compatibility or missing features from different driving wheels. We are collecting information from affecting players and assessing the situation for further investigation.

Noctumus
06-28-2018, 12:09 PM
Very strange that they don't reach out to the ones reporting problems or even acknowledging that in the threads around here. But nice that they actually are aware of the issue and that it IS an issue and not a "feature". :)

Ubi-Bandicoot
06-28-2018, 03:42 PM
Very strange that they don't reach out to the ones reporting problems or even acknowledging that in the threads around here. But nice that they actually are aware of the issue and that it IS an issue and not a "feature". :)

It's hard for us to get around every single thread to give an update when something is added to the known issues list but I can tell you I personally reported this during the open beta phase for everyone who was having trouble with FFB

I'm on here today and i've only just made it to the PC forum so if it wasn't already pointed out by Takaoshi i'd have let you know now :)

Thanks a lot for posting your wheel models though. If we need any further info i'll get back to you guys on this thread. Cheers!

NeverHadurCar2
06-28-2018, 04:34 PM
Just wanted to add that the FFB keeps turning off.on by itself for me using g27 thanks. Mostly when i alt/tab or sometimes just by switching cars. Had this with the beta also.

hinarcia
06-28-2018, 07:04 PM
Now I have other problems too. I never play with steeringwheel so I don't know what's causing it but the first part of my wheel (just after de deadzone) the force feedback is light after a certain point it's get heavier. This wasn't before and makes it unplayable for now. Can I fix this myself or is this a problem with the game? (my wheel settings changes when I start the game).

NeverHadurCar2
06-28-2018, 07:34 PM
I had that also at one point. I reinstalled my logitech driver (3.10) and set in control panel "allow game to control settings" under controller properties.

Don.B._CN
06-29-2018, 10:22 AM
@admins and/or mods: In the now hidden open beta section was a pinned thread for the wheelproblems. Maybe you move this thread to here and merge them.

Noctumus
06-29-2018, 11:21 AM
It's hard for us to get around every single thread to give an update when something is added to the known issues list but I can tell you I personally reported this during the open beta phase for everyone who was having trouble with FFB

I'm on here today and i've only just made it to the PC forum so if it wasn't already pointed out by Takaoshi i'd have let you know now :)

Thanks a lot for posting your wheel models though. If we need any further info i'll get back to you guys on this thread. Cheers!

Thank you for getting back to us regarding this.

For full info, I can tell you that I use a complete rig with:

* Thrustmaster T500RS wheel
* Fanatec Clubsport Pedals v2
* Fanatec Clubsport shifter
* Fanatec Clubsport handbrake
* Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick
* Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle
* Logitech Pro Rudder
* Xbox One controller
* DSD button boxes with rotaries and switches
* Logitech K400 keyboard

The rudder pedals are bindable but not responsive in game, and the joystick seems to lose input for turns in a weird matter where it only turns a fraction then stops.

I am willing and able to do more detailed problem reporting if that is of interest.