PDA

View Full Version : Highlander stunlock

Larry.Foulke
06-26-2018, 02:28 PM
Just what the title says. The highlander can keep you stunlocked with the kick-attack kick-attack cycle. With the centurion (tested with friends too) nothing can be done with it.
So what the actual hell is this? The ****ty viking was buffed too so thanks ubi -.-

Charmzzz
06-26-2018, 02:31 PM
Could you show a Video of this? Never experienced any unavoidable loop vs Highlanders.

Larry.Foulke
06-26-2018, 02:33 PM
Sure, just let me upload it to youtube.

Vakris_One
06-26-2018, 02:35 PM
No he can't. He only gets one guarranteed offensive stance heavy from a successful kick or caber toss. His heavy doesn't do stun locks and the Highlander's kick is too slow to be guarranteed after any kind of attack. You're always completely free to react to his next move after he bonks you with an offensive stance heavy.

Larry.Foulke
06-26-2018, 03:00 PM
https://youtu.be/00osoPG7vQc
Tested it with my buddy, I couldn't dodge it properly after many tries.
We only started testing after a guy spammed it in dominion, but neither of us could do anything. If I'm wrong then please do tell how to counter it.

Vakris_One
06-26-2018, 03:26 PM
https://youtu.be/00osoPG7vQc
Tested it with my buddy, I couldn't dodge it properly after many tries.
We only started testing after a guy spammed it in dominion, but neither of us could do anything. If I'm wrong then please do tell how to counter it.
Ah, he's using the kick cancel into caber toss after he gets you once with the kick. The caber toss requires different timing to dodge than the kick. You were pre-emptively dodging the kick and thus his grab was getting you.

Highlander can soft cancel his kick into a grab. Meaning that if you dodge the kick too early he can get you with the grab. The trick is in waiting until the very last moment to dodge the kick just in case he decides to turn it into a grab. It's very tricky to get the timing down though. This video explains how it works and what you can do against it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3jLf1uqTvl8

Aditionally, characters that have a dodge attack can stuff the Highlander out of this mix up, minus the Peacekeeper and Gladiator.

Larry.Foulke
06-26-2018, 03:33 PM
It seemed really bad in dominion cause he was also ganking with a warden, and I couldn't dodge at all. He was only kicking and attacking not even grabbing.

RexXZ347
06-26-2018, 04:37 PM
In duel you can do that. But when the highlander is with friends and you are under the reflexed guard. Say bye bye to your character.

UbiJurassic
06-26-2018, 06:40 PM
Ah, he's using the kick cancel into caber toss after he gets you once with the kick. The caber toss requires different timing to dodge than the kick. You were pre-emptively dodging the kick and thus his grab was getting you.

Highlander can soft cancel his kick into a grab. Meaning that if you dodge the kick too early he can get you with the grab. The trick is in waiting until the very last moment to dodge the kick just in case he decides to turn it into a grab. It's very tricky to get the timing down though. This video explains how it works and what you can do against it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3jLf1uqTvl8

Aditionally, characters that have a dodge attack can stuff the Highlander out of this mix up, minus the Peacekeeper and Gladiator.

Highlander's Kick into Caber Toss combo can be super rough to deal with. Vakris_One is a long-time member of the forums and has broken it down pretty well about how the move works, so I highly suggest watching the video he linked and keeping some of his suggestions in mind/

RexXZ347
06-27-2018, 01:53 AM
Yeah but UbiJurrassic, the highlander can fly to a kick right? So that's a different time to dodge. So he still have an edge to it. Plus the dodging of caber toss is very tight that it only works on duels. In dominion when you are being hit and under the reflex guard you can't do anything.

Mini1900
06-28-2018, 04:20 PM
The problem is not only a kick cancel to grab, which need the late dodge, which in in dominion or in gangfight like impossible and only luck. There is an unblockable cancel to kick cancel to grab which need another dodge time as u see the unblockable orange . And the bad thing is if u get hit with this tons of damage, highlander backdodge which u cant punish until u have undodgeable forward dodge attack otherwise, Highlander can dodge back and try this ,let me say close to garantee tons of damage again, HIGHLANDER NEEEEEEDS NERF ! GOOD HIGHLANDER In 1v1 vs heroes without charg ( Warlord ) or heroes without undodgeable ( most assassins ) is UNBEATABLE ! He stays in offensive and with this dodge recovery and his unblockable cancel to kick or grab and get tons of damage is just not balance compare to damage of other heroes and their abilities.

Erhanninja
07-01-2018, 08:57 AM
HL can stunlock with kick into wallsplat top heavy and repeat it as many times. Try out yourself. Itís abused in 4v4 so many times.

Darkmight_cz
07-01-2018, 11:18 AM
HL can stunlock with kick into wallsplat top heavy and repeat it as many times. Try out yourself. Itís abused in 4v4 so many times.

Its the same as nobushi wallsplat combo kick then lights kick then lights over and over again

Vakris_One
07-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Its the same as nobushi wallsplat combo kick then lights kick then lights over and over again
Yes and like Nobu's kick it only works in certain corners on certain maps. The Conq can do the same thing with SB > light > SB > light > infinity.

Not sure if the devs can fix that. Might be something to do with hit boxes in corners or simpy because the edges of a corner prevent you from dodging away.