PDA

View Full Version : No sheilds in a spartan game?? Your going to lose millions of sales on this game!!

bennett1210
06-26-2018, 05:51 AM
This no shield feature in a Spartan game is a major Derp by the Devs how can they not ad this? in such a time period where it was paramount in its use? There reason for not adding it in is ridiculous they don’t want the player to play defensive? Well for a start it’s up to the player how the player plays and the player can use the shield offensively if they want if the machanics are there such as pushing forward in a Phalanx style and spear stabbing motion over head or shield bashing to open an enemy up. Many possibilities so your argument is false.

I would also like to mention that since your not holding a sheild in hand and in its stead it’s some blade doing the shields work the spear play looks ridiculous and definitely does not have realistic feel to it at all no option to two handed the weapon is another ridiculous mistake. It makes for incredibly poor fighting machanics.

Frag_Maniac
06-26-2018, 07:06 AM
At the Reddit AMA Dumont claimed it was because it wasn't necessary with the roll, dodge and parry they're using. Well Origins had dodge and parry and still had shields, despite them not being a staple of ancient Egyptian fighting style like it was for Spartans. They're basically making an ill conceived decision to try to reinvent one of the most iconic fighting styles of ancient times. I can't help but feel it's because Ubi put their own whims above actual history. Anyone impressed by this needs to learn how effective Spartans fought with shields. At any rate, it should have been an option so you can play it your way, instead of having to play it theirs.

bennett1210
06-26-2018, 07:14 AM
Yes exactly what I’m saying have you seen the fighting in the E3 demo to? The fighting without the shield looks ridiculous it’s now all about running and jumping all over the place uncoordinated and janky as hell im not buying this one screw until they fix it, and if not well screw it.

Frag_Maniac
06-26-2018, 07:25 AM
Yeah I've seen as much of the fighting footage as I care to. Quite frankly I was so upset with it I couldn't watch them anymore. This fighting style is like that of a circus clown compared to real Spartans. I forgot to say Dumont also said no shields because you're not a Spartan anymore. Well then why all the Spartan attire, Spartan spear, and Spartan Kick? They even have the Spartan shield on the action figure, and show Alexios carrying one in one of the prelaunch screens, as well as calling him a Spartan Warrior. It's like they're treating the hero as a Spartan that's in the closet about it. LOL

Anyway, I really don't know what to think about this game yet. I can only hope it won't be as bad as it looks, but on the other hand, I can't help but think this might end up being the only AC I've ever skipped up until now. Worse yet, the more we say the obvious of how ridiculous it looks, the fanfare get away with insulting us for it. They're the ones that don't get the contradictions that are being presented here, or just don't care.

Suffice it to say there are scant few developers that have the audacity to make a game with a Spartan, or so called "former" Spartan, as a hero, and somehow manage to get the one thing they're known most for completely wrong, their fighting.

Kevinus86
11-29-2018, 12:45 PM
Well, the game is great.. one of the best i've played (still do) and much better than any other AC game.
I've played a while

and I vote for a Shield

70% of the Greeks did fought with a shield during that time period.

I not only want a Shield..
But a Shield Tree with skills to develop depending on shield defense and attacks.

Even a Horse tree with skills to develop would be welcome,
there is no special attack possible from on the horse back.

Do you don't wanna face your enemies riding on a horse with spear and shield ?

I do..

- SHIELD
- SHIELD TREE with special moves defense and attack
- HORSE TREE with special moves and attacks

KmarkoPL
11-29-2018, 01:22 PM
Do we really need another threads about that stupid crap shields ??!!
3 annother spam threads today !!!
Where moderarors !?
Delete it or merge in to one !!!

bizantura
11-29-2018, 02:27 PM
I think Ubisoft's sales are good all over the board, unlike much other big gaming publishers!

Unlike KmarkoPL suggestion, please spam and moan ahead about shields, the never-ending scaling-levelers do and they are allowed.

Kevinus86
11-29-2018, 02:52 PM
I think Ubisoft's sales are good all over the board, unlike much other big gaming publishers!

Unlike KmarkoPL suggestion, please spam and moan ahead about shields, the never-ending scaling-levelers do and they are allowed.

Yeah, today in the new patch 1.1.1

Naval

Conquest Battles no longer scale with the player’s level but stay on the region’s level.

I hope this is optional and whe can turn it back off.

Otherwise would be crappy, I don't like to play in GOD mode to ram 5 ships with 1 attack.

I didn't support those guys on this, because I'm against it.
But also didn't aim them on this, it's there good right they want this has a option in the game.
If some of them want to sink 10 ships in one attack, it's up to them.

For me a SHIELD with extra SKILLS would be a nice option during some battles.
And because AC change into a openworld RPG with classical setting a shield must be a option.

SHIELDS UP !

ProdiGurl
11-29-2018, 02:59 PM
Do we really need another threads about that stupid crap shields ??!!
3 annother spam threads today !!!
Where moderarors !?
Delete it or merge in to one !!!

Dear Mods, Please close this 4th Shield thread. They spam & bump the other 3 as it is.
We've seen it since May & June and Ubi already knows.

I would also like to mention that since your not holding a sheild in hand and in its stead it’s some blade doing the shields work the spear play looks ridiculous and definitely does not have realistic feel to it at all no option to two handed the weapon is another ridiculous mistake. It makes for incredibly poor fighting machanics.
I'd also like to say this is completely FALSE too. Best idea they had was this spear, the animations with it are kool and make you feel alot more powerful than hiding behind a round saucer with a button command to push

cawatrooper9
11-29-2018, 03:11 PM
Let's continue discussion here (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1894075-Odyssey-shields).

Thanks!